The Monster's RT4WD Civic

Well I have had a couple of "build threads" but they never really took of because I would end up selling them. Now I am on my 15 and finally car. The one and only RT4WD Civic Wagon. After searching for a couple years I finally found one in mint condition and only 4 1/2 hours away.

Here she is

742.jpg

743.jpg

744.jpg

She is in mint condition with one quarter size bubble of rust and like a handful of dings. Also has 147k on original motor. With this being my last car for awhile I want to start a build thread...a slow one at that...but I will be doing work to it and have some plans for it :) :bigok:

Comments

• TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Interested to see what you do with your little red wagon.
  • Interested to see what you do with your little red wagon.

hah thanks man, I also tried to make an introduction thread but it never appeared
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Wow she is CLEAN! Love it
  • Wow, what a beauty! I drove through Murfreesboro on New Year's with another red 4WD wagon... not as shiny as yours, but rescued from the depths of rust. :)
  • nice!! i've been trying to find one of these, just my luck is bad, my work hours are insane and i cant ever get in contact with the seller before the car gets sold...which is usually very soon im interested in this thread here
  • I saw this on craigslist for a good while, glad someone finally snatched it up!
  • wagodizzle wrote: »
    Wow she is CLEAN! Love it
    thanks man
    Wow, what a beauty! I drove through Murfreesboro on New Year's with another red 4WD wagon... not as shiny as yours, but rescued from the depths of rust. :)
    that's good man! gotta save them that's for sure
    nice!! i've been trying to find one of these, just my luck is bad, my work hours are insane and i cant ever get in contact with the seller before the car gets sold...which is usually very soon im interested in this thread here
    i looked forever, i she this one awhile back and saved it on my cpu and when i had cash i brought it back up and it was still there! was a bitch to go get it. dude was being a bitch..so after a 7hr drive from Florida i had to drive 5hr to go get it..
    I saw this on craigslist for a good while, glad someone finally snatched it up!
    yeah it was on there for awhile..Im so glad i got it
  • Well I got the swagowagon right when college and rugby started. So I haven't had time to check it out intensively. But tomorrow my professor cancelled class so I will be using that time to lift her up and check her out. Hopefully I will not find anything to devastating If I don't I should be able to put my Work's and Function and Forms on. Cya in the morning guys.
  • Which works?
  • Which works?

Equip 03's
  • 343.jpg

344.jpg

345.jpg

346.jpg

347.jpg

348.jpg

349.jpg

I hate this exhuast..it hangs so low and there is no cat. One thing on the list of many to replace.
  • 350.jpg

351.jpg
    Passenger side Trailing arm bushing #1

352.jpg
    Passenger side Trailing arm bushing #2

353.jpg

354.jpg
    My dog always goes to town smelling my mud flaps.

355.jpg
    What is this? I am able to move it around freely

356.jpg
    And this is the mount for the rear differential

357.jpg
    As you can see I can move it around freely? I'm pretty sure it is called a vibration dampener or something like that.
  • 358.jpg

359.jpg

360.jpg

361.jpg

362.jpg

363.jpg
    Driver side trailing arm bushing #1
  • 364.jpg

365.jpg
    Driver side trailing arm bushing #4

366.jpg
    Driver side trailing arm bushing #5

So I have been hearing a decently loud clunk from the rear end when I am disengaging the clutch pedal after shifting gears. I am trying to figure out what has went bad and needs to be replaced. Thanks for any input y'all can give me.
  • FejFej Wagonist
    monster d wrote: »
    So I have been hearing a decently loud clunk from the rear end when I am disengaging the clutch pedal after shifting gears. I am trying to figure out what has went bad and needs to be replaced. Thanks for any input y'all can give me.

Its the rear diff mount, common problem on RT wagons. You can get a new one from majestic honda or your local dealer.

Number 10 in this diagram.
    4.png
  • Fej wrote: »
    Its the rear diff mount, common problem on RT wagons. You can get a new one from majestic honda or your local dealer.

Thank you very much man
  • Fej wrote: »

Number 10 in this diagram.
    4.png

what is #4 called? And it's purpose? I saw it while under the car. Is it considered a rear dif mount also?
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Love the enthusiasm and all the pics! Keep it coming!
  • Love the enthusiasm and all the pics! Keep it coming!

Thanks man.

Plans are to replace:
    Rear Differental mount
    Trailing Arm bushings
    Dynamic Vibration Damper
    Driver and passenger window regulators
    Exhaust system

I will have to wait till my tax money comes in until I can buy this stuff though. Pretty excited to be honest.
  • Well my tax return finally came in and I sold my function and forms. So in a week or two I will be updating the thread with some wagon XXX :) stay tuned!
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    Do yourself a favour and get some diff bushings from VIP performance. As seen here. Well worth it!

http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?9589-Rear-diff-bushing-mod-get-rid-of-that-quot-thud-quot-sound
  • FakeJDMEF8 wrote: »
    Do yourself a favour and get some diff bushings from VIP performance. As seen here. Well worth it!

http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?9589-Rear-diff-bushing-mod-get-rid-of-that-quot-thud-quot-sound

I was thinking about to just using a hokey puck, but this VIP performance bushing mod is getting some good feed back so I might have to order some from them. Thanks for the heads up.
  • I sold my function and forms & the work equips, so now I have a little play money to fix up my red wagon...stay tuned
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    355.jpg
    What is this? I am able to move it around freely

That is a vibration damper. You can remove it. I took it off both my Wagon and my CRV.
  • LowFlyin' wrote: »
    That is a vibration damper. You can remove it. I took it off both my Wagon and my CRV.

is it not worth replacing?
  • Things Purchased:
    Trailing Arm Bushing
    Vibrant 2.25 Muffler
    Vibrant 2.25 Cat
    Vibrant 2.25 18" Resonator
    And Rear Dif Upper bushings
  • 241.jpg
    Yes half of it is here..

242.jpg
    is it not worth replacing?
    Depends; do you want your wagon to operate how it's engineers designed it to operate?
  • Depends; do you want your wagon to operate how it's engineers designed it to operate?
    Of course I do
    I do, too. I think there's too much evidence that they knew what they were doing to just delete a suspension component. But plenty of people who are better mechanics than me would just leave it off.