The 'what's it worth?' thread for buying and selling

One thread for this stuff from now on. Any future posts of this nature will be merged into this one.

So you can post a reply if: you want to know how much your wagon is worth OR you want to know how much another wagon for sale is worth.

Please do not ask what other members cars are worth.

Comments

• utrix13utrix13 Band Wagon
    New here. I would really appreciate insight on any help on 'appraisal' at this classified link below. Very interested, but the KBB is half of sellers asking price. Test drove it, relatively legit for the year. Don't care for the stereo or seat covers (bells and whistles). Although shaky over 55 mph, possibly needs alignment? Again help appreciated.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=733005 ... ad=4120620
  • xkenxxkenx Wagonist
    I think 2900 is rather high for that.
  • I love this topic. Some people are like "I want a wagon sooooooo bad!!!" Then they try to low ball sellers.
  • its worth it.
    as long the interior is clean, mileage is low, engine purrs and no rust.
    come on-its an rt.
    id sell mine $5000.00
    offered 2100 after the test drive, the owner decided to keep it on the market. I don't really want to offer more, but what do you guys think?
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    the link isnt workin for me but 2900 it had better be dam close to mint with a few goodies like rear speaker pods, pas mirror, low miles, and maybe even a center consol and arm rest..... 4 years ago (before the wagon craze) i picked up my hella hella clean gold wagon for 2100..... Wait a week and call him back up to see if he thought about your offer at all and if its worth it to ya maybe up yer offer a couple hundo's..... GL hope u get it!
    classified ad taken down by seller. It was 1991 Civic Wagon 4 door RT4WD with 145.000 miles. I just want something reliable, small 4-cyl, and good gas mileage. Thanks for everyone's help, I'll call seller tomorrow and post pics if I buy. BTW, wtf is that SL-1 gear. Never heard of it before. The little bit of research I did here sounds awesome for snow.
  • swaiteswaite New Wagonist
    What do you guys think about a '91 RT4WD with a DOHC ZC and auto with a blown headgasket? It's brown with no rust, just some dings here and there and a very clean interior. I think it has around 150,000 miles, I honestly don't remember. It has been sitting for almost a year now. Still runs and drives, just starts to overheat pretty quickly. I'm on the fence about selling it or fixing it.
  • zach1151zach1151 Wagonist
    im trying to find a rt front bumper. i found one with a few small scuffs and a little tear along the bottom valance. the guy wants $130 plus $79 shipping. that seems high to me, what do you all think?
    zach1151 wrote:
    im trying to find a rt front bumper. i found one with a few small scuffs and a little tear along the bottom valance. the guy wants $130 plus $79 shipping. that seems high to me, what do you all think?
    I think $210 is a little high as well. I bet you could talk him down to $180, maybe even $150 shipped easily. Shipping seems reasonable for a big part.
    swaite wrote:
    zach1151 wrote:
    I think $210 is a little high as well. I bet you could talk him down to $180, maybe even $150 shipped easily. Shipping seems reasonable for a big part.

its an ebay seller. he originally wanted $179 plus shipping. i got him down to $129 until he sent me pics, then i was like whoa this bumper isnt that nice. thanks for the opinion! this thread is a good idea
    i know this site is "wagon" based but i can across a super clean 91 CRX SI. zero rust. gsr motor. needs head gasket and possibly a new trans. he wants 3000 firm. lemme know what you all think. im tryin to get a pic on here but isnt working
    swaite wrote:
    What do you guys think about a '91 RT4WD with a DOHC ZC and auto with a blown headgasket? It's brown with no rust, just some dings here and there and a very clean interior. I think it has around 150,000 miles, I honestly don't remember. It has been sitting for almost a year now. Still runs and drives, just starts to overheat pretty quickly. I'm on the fence about selling it or fixing it.
    Well, anyway... I was thinking $2000. Too high/low?
  • I have an 1988 Rt4wd wagon with a blown motor 224000 in the body. I bought it last year for $2000 motor blew less than a month later. Been trying to sell it on CL. The asking price was $1200obo. What do you guys think? Pics below

http://s827.photobucket.com/albums/zz193/domwash/
  • rtbsrtbs Band Wagon
    I have an '89 wagon RT 4WD with 115k miles. The engine is in good condition, but the body has a fair number of dents and dings as well as needing a new hood, right front fender and right side view mirror after clipping a deer.

Here are a few pictures of the car:

http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z461/spanningtree/

Any thoughts on a fair asking price?
    rtbs, those are extremely low miles! I'm no expert, but I'd say $2000, maybe a little higher. I checked the craigslist in DC and saw 5th gen civics for 20 to 28. Keep in mind KBB is 15 to 18 (for auto insurance purposes, collision and comprehensive damages go off KBB, most owners of a car this old drop this altogether) so do expect offers around these prices. That's just my opinion. BTW, your interior looks clean, from the pics anyway!
  • xkenxxkenx Wagonist
    nevermind saw the photo that it's stick.
  • So, this forum looks to be mostly 3rd & 4th gen wagons, but looking to sell my 2nd gen, so what do you guys think it is worth? I've had offers on the street and track for up to $2500 and I've always refused. I don't know if they'd actually step up if I said yes....... I also don't know old Hondas well enough to know if this is a low-ball offer. This forum looks full of enthusiasts who would know. Thanks!

ENGINE
    • 1983 Accord 4-port 1800cc “EK1” Engine – 148,000 miles on rebuilt engine w/new Genuine Honda cam, rockers, oil pump, STD pistons, rings, exhaust valves, bearings, seals, clutch and pressure plate at the time of rebuild. Still looks very clean inside the valve cover! This is the most desirable 4-port "1751" head with all the exhaust valves toward the outside of the head for even heat distribution and a fully counterweighted crankshaft.
    • Oil changed every 3000 miles using Honda or Denso filters and Valvoline oil. Uses 1 quart between oil changes.
    • Valves just adjusted. Timing belt due in 6,000 miles
    • Coolant changed every 30,000 miles using Honda OL999-9011 Blue coolant
    • Lightened flywheel
    • 1G Prelude large capacity radiator
    • 1G OEM Prelude oil cooler with 2 stage Prelude oil pump
    • OEM Honda (Sumitomo) plug wires
    • Recent OEM Honda heater core
    • Canadian EK1 exhaust manifold (Canada EK1’s had no air-injection so it makes the Accord engine look like a Civic) port polished and JET Hot black ceramic coated
    • Large diameter center section 1987 OEM Integra exhaust from the cat-back (bolts in up to rear axle!)
    • 2” Stainless steel Genie Turbo muffler and hand built stainless axle back exhaust
    • Lifetime warranty Kragen (CSK) alternator
    • The Accord engine looks and smogs like the original 1.5Civic. Just passed California smog with 26 of 220 PPM allowed HC. / 0.0 of 2.0% allowed CO.
    • Compression 150 / 152 / 150 / 148 psi

TRANSMISSION
    • Original Civic Wagon (closer ratio than non-wagon Civic or Accord) transmission with 2.92 1st / 1.76 2nd / 1.18 3rd / .85 4th / .71 5th / 4.428 final drive.
    • Rebuilt at 237,000 miles with Genuine Honda Synchros, bearings and seals.
    • All rebuilt shift linkage, shifts great!
    • Lifetime warranty NAPA CV axles
    • Transmission oil changed every 30,000 miles with genuine Honda/Acura Manual Transmission lube

SUSPENSION / BRAKES
    • Custom wound heavy front springs – 200 lb/in rate
    • Extra leaf spring added in the rear with 1 1/2" lowering blocks
    • KYB front struts / heavy duty rear shocks
    • Spherical bearing upper strut mount (nonadjustable caster/camber plates)
    • Front control arms custom fabricated with spherical bearing inner pivots
    • Custom front sub-frame ‘g-load’ brace.
    • Custom rear sway bar
    • 1987 Integra front brakes with fresh rebuilt calipers and new AXXIS brake pads
    • Lifetime warranty Kragen (CSK) Brake booster

3 sets of WHEELS & TIRES
    • 1983 Accord rims (13 X 5.0”) with worn Falken Ziex 185/60/13 tires
    • 1989 Accord LX-I alloy wheels (14 X 5.5”) with brand new BF Goodrich Comp TA Super-Sport 185/60/14 tires.
    • Custom made race rims (13 X 7.0”) with old & hard 215/50/13 BF Goodrich Comp TA R1 tires. Custom rims are made from OEM Accord steel wheel centers that were cut from the skinny 5.0” outer sections and re-welded into Diamond Racing wheel’s .095” lightweight spun 7” shells with safety beads.

CHASSIS / BODY
    • A California car since new – never been hit
    • The car was originally metallic silver, but was re-painted a blue tinted machinery grey (Ford Paint code FM 8123) about 12 years ago when the original clear coat started peeling. Body de-badged of all logos.
    • The car looks great from ~20 feet away, but get close, and you’ll see plenty of door dings, scratches and general body waves from people leaning on the car.
    • Vitaloni Tornado / EMPI Mini Sprint exterior mirrors
    • Paint is still in reasonably good shape, keep it waxed up and it should last another 5 – 10 year….however if you are looking for a classic show Honda, it should definitely be re-done.
    • Battery moved to under the rear trunk floor

INTERIOR
    • 1987 Integra steering wheel
    • Factory gage cluster, tachometer, cable, and cam-drive housing from Sport optioned Civic
    • Kenwood 2 way speakers in the OEM dash location
    • New black carpet in the trunk area

EXTRAS
    • Factory 1983 Honda Accord Service Manual
    • 1983 Accord Owner’s Manual
    • Factory 1980 Honda Civic Service Manual
    • Clymer 1976-85 Accord & Prelude Shop Manual
    • Spare Accord cylinder head
    • Spare carburetor, ignition coil, voltage regulator, electronic ignition module, radiator fan, and misc. smog parts
    • Spare catalytic converter hollowed out with a straight thru pipe welded in place
    • Spare under-dash fan blower, various interior and dash bits, and too many other spare parts to list

PROBLEMS
    • Those that know these old Hondas know that the CVCC carburetors are finicky. This carburetor has never let me down, but it does start rough especially when the temperatures are cold. It takes a few minutes to warm up and smooth out.
    • The fast idle does not come down on its’ own and requires a tap on the throttle pedal to kick it down. When it is cold, it takes a long time to come off fast idle.
    • The e-brake cable is broken
    • The radio needs replaced. It has a burned out LCD display so you can’t tell what radio station you’re listening to and the cassette player doesn’t work.
    • The antenna was kinked from backing up under a tree. I repaired it with an internal sleeve, but it now no-longer collapses.
    • The rear window hot-wire defroster does not work
    • There are two cracks on the passenger side of the windshield
    • The plastic trim in the front and rear window rubber has mostly disintegrated.
    • There is a small amount of rust under the rain gutters above the rear quarter windows
    • The roof rail channel trim pieces are long gone, and the seam sealer and paint in the channels is peeling.
    • On hot days, the rear-view mirror does not hold its position and vibrates down until you are looking at the back seat.
    • Some of the plastic is broken around the edges of the rear-view mirror
    • Wipers are truly intermittent (needs a new relay?)
    • Wiper blades are shot (I use Rain-X)
    • There are some scratches on the driver’s side window where beach sand got into the felt scraper and scratched the window when it was rolled down.
    • The climate control panel is for an A/C car, so the label is wrong for two positions: 1)Max AC = everything off. 2) Min AC = vent.
  • boosted90crexboosted90crex Band Wagon
    im new to the wagon market and would really like to know about what i should be expecting to pay for a wagon in good to fair conditon
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    ^^Depends on what kind of wagon you are looking to get. RT wagons sell for way more than the 2wd models.
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    WHAT'S IT WORTH?

- complete MPFI swap (intake manifold, dizzy, injector box, Pm6 ecu)
    - rt 6spd transmission

i'm a bit out of the loop, what's this stuff worth.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    -complete MPFI, i would say $150-180
    -tranny? idk...
  • TogTog New Wagonist
    Seen an underseat tray on good old ebay - seems pretty expensive, about £92 plus a lot of shipping from Japan. Just wondering what they go for in the states? am i better off waiting for one to pop up here?
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    Tog wrote:
    Seen an underseat tray on good old ebay - seems pretty expensive, about £92 plus a lot of shipping from Japan. Just wondering what they go for in the states? am i better off waiting for one to pop up here?
    \

You are better off searching for a thread that I made showing you can use the one from an Odyssey (35 shipped vs a "rare" wagon one with the JDM tax thrown on top of it).
  • TogTog New Wagonist
    ragenasian wrote:
    Tog wrote:
    \

You are better off searching for a thread that I made showing you can use the one from an Odyssey (35 shipped vs a "rare" wagon one with the JDM tax thrown on top of it).

thanks yeah i saw that thread. Some more searching has found me a new one for £100 - but suppose people would not pay that eh!
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    It is worth whatever you are willing to pay. I would rather bolt one of my daughter's lunchboxes to the bottom of my seat then pay a stupid amount of money for something somebody put the word "rare" in front of. That is just me.

Back on topic now.
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    how much is a reasonable amount for a hood?
    and how much for the t-bar that has the hood loop and latch.
    thanks
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    ragenasian wrote:
    I would rather bolt one of my daughter's lunchboxes to the bottom of my seat then pay a stupid amount of money for something somebody put the word "rare" in front of.

hahaha :mrgreen:
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    wagodizzle wrote:
    ragenasian wrote:
    I would rather bolt one of my daughter's lunchboxes to the bottom of my seat then pay a stupid amount of money for something somebody put the word "rare" in front of.

hahaha :mrgreen:
    :lol: almost pissed myself....
    Tog wrote:
    ragenasian wrote:
    Tog wrote:
    \

thanks yeah i saw that thread. Some more searching has found me a new one for £100 - but suppose people would not pay that eh!
    Man ive still not seen the big Hooplaa over these dumb under seat junk boxes .... i think i have 2 or 3 of them floating around .... (think one was used to drain my oil once ) LMAO :lol:
  • BishopBishop Band Wagon
    is this thread just for cars or parts as well?