The 'what's it worth?' thread for buying and selling

Comments

• JesseCRXJesseCRX Council Member
    I have a local seller that sometimes gets junk cars from Japan and he got ahold of a beagle chassis. It has the complete interior.

I asked the guy if he would sell it and he said "how much would you offer?" The seats have a different pattern and they match the door panels too. Just wondering what's a fair price to offer him because he said he was gonna look around and check the pricing.
    These are the pics he sent me. The rear interior is gone :(
    cnadvpk
    7myeb78
  • VPTVPT Band Wagon
    JDMRookie wrote:
    I got offered a wagon armrest, he said great condition, top has been rewrapped.
    What's a good offer?
    www.civicwagon.com
    www.civicwagon.com
    www.civicwagon.com

The arm rests for CRX's go for $300-400 dollars US, I have one in my 88 crx, came in a parts car that I payed $400 for. :mrgreen:
  • How much should I sell my rt4wd driveshaft for. With the VC
  • xDreamingxDreaming Band Wagon
    How much are jdm spec fenders worth? The ones with the side-markers. Who/Where can I get them?
  • JDMRookie

I got my arm rest for 160$ I have seen them between 100-300$ the 300$ one was new in the oem box.- its worth what someone is willing to pay :wink:
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    xDreaming wrote:
    How much are jdm spec fenders worth? The ones with the side-markers. Who/Where can I get them?

They are worth millions, or you can just do like everyone else and modify your USDM fenders to fit the JDM/EDM side markers. There is even a thread about this very subject with dimensions.
  • 91 rt4wd blue on blue
    whats that worth to you guys or what should i ask for it if i do decide to sell it?

with little body rust. and a fresh motor completely rebuilt with new crank bearings, fresh hone, freshly decked y8 head (complete with IM, fuel rail, fpr, injectors on a sohc zc block with a lil boost of 5-10 lbs (xs power manifold and air research turbo), progress technology coilovers (350f/275r) on oem rt4wd steelies with all oem 4wd mudguards, virgin p28 with the obd-1 to obd-1 jumper?

integra da seats with autobelts of course for both driver and passenger and tow hitch

no extras like console or pods or nothing just curious

pics will be up soon and turbo is getting powder coated/ceramic for hot sections after a good sandblast
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    What would a 1970 OEM Honda Civic CVCC woodgrain steering wheel be worth? It is in fair shape, some cracking in the wood, would need to be refinished.

What is it worth unfinished?

What is it worth completely restored and like brand new?
  • lilROOKZlilROOKZ Wagonist
    I've been looking for some nice clean wheels for my wagon to get it off these stock 14s. Came across some Si wheels w/ tires, kid wants $300. IMO for some stock wheels that a bit high. I could be wrong here. If I'm gonna fork out 300 bones, might as well add a couple more and get some aftermarket wheels.
    Anyone care to voice their opinion? $300 with tires a good buy or not?
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    You mean the b16 si rims? They would have to have some decent tires and in pretty decent shape. I paid 300 for some super clean ls mesh without tires but that is because there is such a small scene here.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    Si wheels usually go for a pretty penny. $300 for some super clean ones and with decent tires is a pretty good price. They're not a lot of them left so the price, just like the price of a 99-00 Civic Si price, they're staying high. Supply and demand! Low supply, high demand for both the wheels and the cars.
  • chuckshinchuckshin Wagonist
    503Wagon wrote: »
    Si wheels usually go for a pretty penny. $300 for some super clean ones and with decent tires is a pretty good price. They're not a lot of them left so the price, just like the price of a 99-00 Civic Si price, they're staying high. Supply and demand! Low supply, high demand for both the wheels and the cars.

true story!

I paid $300 for a decent set of 99-00 SI wheels about a year ago. 2 of the tires were shot, 1 decent tire and 1 brand new. They were the cheapest set I ran across at that time and have not seen them for less since.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    I haven't been keeping up with current prices on wagon speaker pods...last year I sold a pair in good shape for $200, and from what I can remember, they are fetching even more these days. Anyways, I have a mint set of brown pods, matching Honda speakers and the covers, all original hardware and also the oem Honda speaker harnesses (first pair I've run across)...

What should I expect to get on eBay for em?! (I know you all are looking for a deal on here and wish I could help, but I have $4k worth of medical bills AFTER insurance that I have to sort out...)
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    Mint pods sell for around $300, just in case anyone was curious
  • Considering selling my EDM rear cargo area setup as a whole kit but I haven't much of an idea what they'd go for. This just to fund some other parts going into the wagon. I haven't seen any wagon's (personally) with this setup so not sure.
  • Considering selling my EDM rear cargo area setup as a whole kit but I haven't much of an idea what they'd go for. This just to fund some other parts going into the wagon. I haven't seen any wagon's (personally) with this setup so not sure.

I had two sets I sold for 200-250 dollars but they weren't perfect. If I was selling now though I wouldn't sell for less than 300 plus shipping and not a penny less. A guy in the UK was selling his for about 400 but his had the rare speaker setup built in.
  • JayTeeJayTee Wagonist
    Considering selling my EDM rear cargo area setup as a whole kit but I haven't much of an idea what they'd go for. This just to fund some other parts going into the wagon. I haven't seen any wagon's (personally) with this setup so not sure.

Last one I saw went for 400 in the states. But only a select group will fork out cash for something like that. I was getting offers at pretty much every meet, its a rare piece. I say keep it but that's me. haha
  • I may have a lead on a tan wagon armrest what are they going for around here ?
  • Part isn't for a wagon, its the lower center console with the din and small ash tray down low, what do those go for in okay condition? I was thinking like $50?
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Swap'd-D wrote: »
    Part isn't for a wagon, its the lower center console with the din and small ash tray down low, what do those go for in okay condition? I was thinking like $50?

Think $150.

Sometimes more. Sometimes less.

There's a super high demand. And not many floating around...
  • Charb wrote: »
    Think $150.

Sometimes more. Sometimes less.

There's a super high demand. And not many floating around...

Thanks! So I think fair for mine is $70. No din and a small hole for an alarm light. One more question, you think the lower console with the big ashtray similar to base model ones is rarer, or the small lower ashtray style ones like I have? Here's a pic of mine, any how badly it fits in a wagon. This is how much taller wagon dash boards are compared to a hatch or sedan.

377671_397313480334787_563351259_n.jpg
  • JayTee wrote: »
    Last one I saw went for 400 in the states. But only a select group will fork out cash for something like that. I was getting offers at pretty much every meet, its a rare piece. I say keep it but that's me. haha

One on Ebay just went for $520 shipped from Netherlands.
  • Soo anyone know what a brown armrest is worth?
  • Depends on the condition, if it is a true wagon armrest and not hatch or sedan and its in descent condition $250 give or take. I have seen brand new ones go for $600+ which is crazy!
  • Got another for you guys. Found this really decent set of oem Wagovan rear mudflaps. Paid $15 at a PicknPull. What do you fella's think they're worth?
    483072_423064207759714_1992588928_n.jpg
  • Thoughts:

91' Brown RT Wagon, 196k Miles, clean title, 2 owners, used as mtn driver/hunting/daily driver for last 10-12 years, underbody very "used" with almost everything being original (joints/suspension/bushings), 1 RT wheel missing (has steel wheel mismatch), body 7/10 - but has scratches EVERYwhere, avg. amount of dents/dings for age of vehicle, rear hatch RUST, rear quarters above avg (rust wise, just a tiny tiny spot on each), roof in good shape, decent tires 185/70-14 all season, engines mounts need replacing, car needs major tune-up, no records for last 10 years of maintenance (although I can tell it was done), interior about 6/10 - no major stains/smoke smells just lots of WEAR n' TEAR from driving style/pit bull housing. Passes emissions, 4WD has typical clunk shifting to 2nd but seems to work fine. Shitty old tape deck. No noticeable body damage/leaks...etc Only factory installed option was passenger side mirror - that means NO A/C from factory, no rack, no pods...etc
    This is an original pacific northwest car.

Would require LOTS of love to say the least. I am asking in here as I've just been totally stumped at some of the prices I see RT's listed for nowadays. Truthfully I'm not sure if its cause its cragislist and everyone is scared to list actual asking price and everyone seems to inflate the piss out of everything or if for some reason people see these as valuable as 1st gen CRV's are going for now. I would value your honest opinion of this cars value; preferrably from the stand point of one searching for an RT wagon - not from one who already has one and is willing to LOW BALL everyone just cause. I am not one to want to overpay, I have plenty of time on my hands to search but feel like I'm losing my mind on the value these things seem to be demanding as of recent. I'm not sure if its cause they are gaining popularity or if its just the Northwest. THoughts?
  • Sooo, I got an offer,
    ported D16A9 head (DOHC ZC), he said that it should have stiffer springs and some better retainers (not sure of that though), P28 ECU with matching OBD0 to OBD1 harness and OBD1 dizzy (it looks new).
    How much is this worth? What do you think guys?
  • Found a bull bar complete with wiring harness, I have not seen any of these for sale. Can anyone tell me the going rate on these?
  • Hakosuka wrote: »
    Sooo, I got an offer,
    ported D16A9 head (DOHC ZC), he said that it should have stiffer springs and some better retainers (not sure of that though), P28 ECU with matching OBD0 to OBD1 harness and OBD1 dizzy (it looks new).
    How much is this worth? What do you think guys?

Just the head and parts listed? With receipts- $150-$250 would seem a fair guestimation.
  • Full head, wasn't even mounted when came from the shop, it is ready to bolt on.
    I also received a P28 ECU with OBD0 to OBD1 harness nad OBD1 dizzy-probably never mounted.