The 'what's it worth?' thread for buying and selling

Comments

• Hakosuka wrote: »
    Full head, wasn't even mounted when came from the shop, it is ready to bolt on.
    I also received a P28 ECU with OBD0 to OBD1 harness nad OBD1 dizzy-probably never mounted.

$300-$400 would be fair!:encouragement:
  • Got it for 270€, which is about right. Good :) Thanks
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    how much is this worth? in pretty good shape just a little issues with the paint on the spokes.

319.jpg
  • CamoCivicCamoCivic New Wagonist
    Hi folks, I'm only posting here because I'm tired of working on my Honda, and if I think about selling it, maybe it will run better. I have a 1990 Rt4wd D16A6 with 186k miles. I put in a newer engine 4 months ago (the old one blew oil & was burning a valve) at 177k. It has new suspension front and back, new lower control arms which I just did and a new clutch, which is slipping as of this week and is the reason I'm posting here. I have 2 sets of wheels for this; one with summer tires, one with winter M/S studded tires that were new this winter. I believe I just fixed the A/c leak, replacing all the o-rings, but it's been too cold to recharge and test it (and too cold to feel like working on a clutch in the snow). The interior is amazingly clean and intact (no food or drinks or animals allowed in the car). This car drives tight, is the best snow car I've ever had and always averages over 30mpg. I'm a musician and I tour in this car. I can't think of another vehicle that will do what I need (good in snow, great mileage and space for 2 people&camping gear, a sound system 3 banjos a guitar and cello and chocolate collection). I threaten to sell this old wagon. Anybody know what I could get for it? And then, what I should buy instead with that money????? Conversely, does anybody want to help me change a clutch--inside a shop w/o snow!?
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Just bring it to my house and I'll fix it for ya!

seriously, you can't buy this much car for this much money. Fix it. Even if you pay someone to replace the clutch, it should cost 4-500$. That's one car payment.

You do need to figure out why in the world your new clutch is slipping so soon. Have you been fiddling with the cable?
  • VladamireVladamire Band Wagon
    So a local mechanic has a honda civic wagon which he lets his wife use to carry car parts for the shop and i hate to keep seeing the civic deteorate more and more. I went and asked him about said its not for sale but when it is he'll give me a call, but ive wandering if i should offer him my 2002 Ford Taurus or maybe if i offered him a cash amount he will decide quicker to sell. So ill post pictures and hopefully someone can help me apraise her. Also the pictures are from my album here on this forum.
    156.jpg
    157.jpg

158.jpg
  • CamoCivicCamoCivic New Wagonist
    Bam, you have NO idea how much I wish I lived closer to you. Seriously! I could learn all sorts of Honda-fix things from you.

The cable is adjusted perfectly--just checked. The clutch disc they put in (Sept) seems like the right one for 4wd (cheap maybe? Exedy part#08020, 210mm, 20Tspline). The shop said they replaced the pressure plate&TObearing too, but I'm not sure I believe that (not on my invoice).

Do you have a disc that you know to be good? (and pressure plate? and rear main seal, while they're at it). I'll get the 170$ back from the first disc since it's all under warranty--but I'm not driving 700miles RT back to the shop that did the work last summer, so I'll be paying labor to have it done here. I've also heard that the original Honda pressure plate, if it looks good, can be roughed up on with a grinding wheel, and will last longer than a lot of new ones???

I'm going to gather parts this week, and then leave the wagon with a shop here in town (while I'm gone for 2 weeks--so they can take their time).

I only threaten selling it--my dad has a 1999 4wd Chrysler van for $2000 with only 100k on it, and I get tempted. But I do love my Honda. It gets better mpg and has way more character.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    $170 should be the whole kit- disc, pressure plate, and bearing. You should be able to buy disc for $60-70.
  • So been looking for a RT4wd to go w my wifes 2wd Wago... I feel like im willing to buy just about any but not sure whats a good deal since i dont see many RT's for sale..

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/3567066559.html - original poster

but a day later I saw this...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/3569006986.html

assuming blown head gasket... or at least needs to be replaced..
    what do you guys think? want to go look / offer maybe on monday..
  • What would someone expect to pay for power Window conversation?
  • Got a buddy looking to buy an exhaust manifold for an 88-91 RT from me, what's it worth?
  • brutus85brutus85 Band Wagon
    I am pretty seriously considering buying the wagon linked below. I would like to get someone smarter than me to tell me if it is worth near the asking price. Wagons seem to be priced higher than other civic/crx's of the same era.

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/3529782558.html
  • LaytonLayton Band Wagon
    Is there one OEM Honda Parts website that tends to be better than another? Where do you guys usually go to find OEM Parts? Keep in mind that there's no Honda dealership or anything of the sort near where I live now

I'm at a point in my build now where it's time to start ordering things in, and I'd like some good input from the dudes around here as to where to go for that kind of thing
  • cwin13cwin13 New Wagonist
    Good deal or not?
    1991 factory blue rt auto. Awd wagon with 73k on it 2 owners with no rust/body damage and all stock. Hes asking $3000 obo
    I want a manual but idk I'm considering this...ur thoughts?
  • cwin13 wrote: »
    Good deal or not?
    1991 factory blue rt auto. Awd wagon with 73k on it 2 owners with no rust/body damage and all stock. Hes asking $3000 obo
    I want a manual but idk I'm considering this...ur thoughts?

I would offer him $2800 just because its blue and auto other than that sounds pretty legit.
  • cwin13cwin13 New Wagonist
    Thanks for replying I did buy it and got it for $2500 imo I got a great deal cuz it runs and drives amazing. Just drove it 4hrs to jersey for honda day without a hiccup :-)
  • cwin13 wrote: »
    thanks for replying i did buy it and got it for $2500 imo i got a great deal cuz it runs and drives amazing. Just drove it 4hrs to jersey for honda day without a hiccup :-)
    what a deal!!!
  • 88 RT4WD
    Hard top
    5 speed (may have low gear, IDK)
    Destroyed front seats
    Saggy rear wiper
    No rust I can see in pics
    ~160k
    Clear peel
    everything works apperently

Worth 2200?
  • BikeguyBikeguy Band Wagon
    I'm a new member here, and new to the wagon world. A 1990 FWD has come up for sale in my area. It has 201400mi, is an auto, has PS, AC (doesn't blow cold though), and the interior is at least a 7/10. The body has no rust except for a very small amount in the middle of the panel on the driver's side rear door, but the sheet metal has no dings and the paint is in great shape. The hatch needs new struts, and there is a crack in the windshield. I test drove it today and everything seems to be good. The owner is asking $1650. I'm sorry, I don't have any pics. What do you guys think? Fair price?
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Hard to say. kinda have to go with your gut. Most all wagons need hatch shocks, drivers seat fabric, & a/c charge.
    Mileage is creeping up there, check engine out real good. Mant. history etc. Good paint & body a plus. If you like it - buy it is my advice.
    Offer $1000 and go from there. It is hard to know without seeing it. I've seen good $700 wagons and I've seen good $7000 wagons.
    Caution: Wagon fever is a dangerous condition with no known cure!!
  • BikeguyBikeguy Band Wagon
    Thanks for your reply simplyhonda. Yeah I'm not surprised the AC needs recharging and the owner actually is including new hatch shocks. Shockingly the driver seat is in great shape with just a slight separation of the seam on the seat on the outboard side. I always throw seat covers on my vehicle seats anyways. Starting the offer at $1K is smart. I was trying to figure a starting point that wouldn't be taken as insulting. I was considering starting at $800. Does that sound low? The owner seems like a really cool, relaxed guy. I noticed on the test drive that the driver's window doesn't seem to seal completely. With the window all the way up I felt a slight breeze and heard air coming in. So I know the window needs a new rubber seal.
  • NorthxNWagonNorthxNWagon New Wagonist
    I am going to go look at this wagon today and try to play some hardball with the dealership. I have a number in my head of what I want to pay ($2000-$2500) and was wonder what you all thought it was worth. If they won't accept close to $2500 I think I will hold off and wait for an RT with a 6 speed. But this is oh so clean and those rear pod speakers :)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ctd/4264796933.html
  • D*mn! If the drive wasn't so long, I'd be willing to pay close to asking price. I'd like to get an auto for Heidi, is it really orange? What's with the right rear door?
  • NorthxNWagonNorthxNWagon New Wagonist
    They also have this little gem of the third gen, which I also really like.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/ctd/4277943234.html
  • MeathodMeathod Band Wagon
    Hey, I'm looking to get rid of my Land Rover and switch over to something more economical, simple, and easy to maintain. I'm feelin' the pull of the Civic wagon, there is just something about it...

Looking to get opinions on this, http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Honda/Civic/Burnaby/British+Columbia/5_19040820_BS2004915125635/?showcpo=ShowCPO

Price seems fair, but, It's at a dealership on Hastings st.... so, it would be a gamble. I can't go look at it, so it would be shipped to me sight unseen.

hmm...
  • Buy it. - Meathod

The automatics in Civics BEFORE are bullet proof four speeds. I've never heard of one going bad!

Starting in 1992, Honda didn't want to pay GM for automatic patents and designed their own... bad news, they rarely make it past 100,000 miles.
  • jdm59jdm59 Band Wagon
    The chassis has roughly 140k on it. And the GSR motor has 88k. Motor made 205hp 135tq

B18c1
    Buddy club stage 3 cams
    ITR intake manifold
    Plm header
    Full exhaust
    Ls cable tranny with b16 internals
    Front traction bars
    Gsr cluster swap
    Ebay coilovers
    15x8 rota flush machined wheels brand new
    195/45/15 toyo tires brand new
    Car is in really good shape to be a 91, the interior is immaculate!!!

00d0d_exQ2XXceuMG_600x450.jpg00z0z_2NVdgwBC8kw_600x450.jpg00d0d_kAkgdnEKuC3_600x450.jpg
  • jdm59jdm59 Band Wagon
    Whats up guys, saw this on craigslist and need somewhat of an appraisal
    He's asking $4600

1991 Wagovan with b18c1 gsr swap
    176xxx on the body
    88xxx on the motor

ls cable tranny with b16 internals
    ITR intake manifold
    Buddy Club stage 3 cams
    plm header
    full exhaust
    stock wagovan intake

Ebay coilovers
    brand new machined rota flush wheels
    brand new toyo tires

its all original as far as the body
    very light hail damage on roof and hood
    no rust
    typical dings and dents that go with a 23 year old
    all stock, perfect interior, really clean

it smokes a little when you first crank it, he said the valve seals are going bad
    he's replacing the valve seals and putting in a new stereo/headunit today

let me know what you guys think its worth

Thanks

00303_cAEDta3gyKk_600x450.jpg
  • philliephillie Band Wagon
    I'm checking this out tomorrow. What do you guys think?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/4521025589.html

I have a 91 Civic Wagon RT AWD vtec in good conditions. It has a d16z6 with matching ecu,fuse box underneath passenger dashboard moved by previous owner. 158k one engine, 211k on body. no check engine light, has emissions till October 14, sitting on 15'' rota C8s, skunk2 coilovers, has power steering, all ac components are there but does not work, replaced all differential bushings and mount, New Cat, Interior all there, driver seat ripped like all Hondas, exterior is in really good condition. Transmission and differential fluid replaced, cd player. $2900 OBO
  • FreemanananaFreemananana Band Wagon
    00303_3R4GbXWGcQe_600x450.jpg
    Stock 1991 Honda Civic Wagon DX
    177,XXX original miles
    5 speed (FWD)
    New shocks all around
    New starter
    New alternator
    New front axles
    Just tuned up
    No rust (car is from California)
    Quick release steering wheel
    Short ram intake
    seats are fine but have seat covers. driver seat has hole
    NO LEAKS
    CLEAN TITLE NO ACCIDENTS
    radio is original
    no AC
    3rd gear grinds on high rpm

How much is it worth? I plan on swapping the motor from my hatch into this body since it's in much better shape.