Simplyhonda's RT-4WD

Comments

• hey bro what paint did you use on your valve cover ? ive seen poeple try to do the wrinkle red and it comes out like shit...but that wrinkle black looks OEM any info would be great my ls valve cover is lookin dingy these days
  • WOW, such a clean wagon man nice pickup. on a side note i hate you for that armrest lol. BUT damn that car is clean as hell. nice work on it so far and ill be keeping an eye on this one. seein your brown dash makes me want to finish my brown interior in that other wagon i found the other guy painted it black but your shit looks great. engine bay looks amazing too. but all and all man just wow. such a nice car.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Thanks for all the positive comments. I am diggin' the brown interior too. I didn't like it at first but I like it more & more every day. As for the valve cover, I used VHT brand wrinkle paint. Got it at Autozone for like $7. Takes a while to dry but it came out looking great!
    144.jpg
    I put the wheels off my CRX on the wagon today. I think they are pretty sharp! They are Giovanni G Racing Akita's in 15''. I bought them new back on the day the towers fell, I'll never forget that. I made custom centercaps for them out of some steelie centercaps from the junkyard. I'll post better pics later. This is just a quick shot from my phone.
    145.jpg

I also replaced my RT logo on the rear. I had my buddy that does vinyl make me a replica. Turned out pretty good. It is slightly larger than the origional, but I like it! He is going to work on some for my side mouldings later on. Keep you posted!

Before:
    511.jpg

The Stickers:
    146.jpg

The Product:
    147.jpg
  • Is that centre console the JDM one, or an option for you guys?
    Why the difference for the cubby hole. I see the ashtray and lighter are as found on teh JDM one which gives you a second DIN slot or for the seat heaters, but I don't understand what is going on with the tray in that?
    I believe this is the USDM dealer option center console but i'm not 100%. Could be JDM for all I know. It was listed as JDM on Ebay but everything usually is even if it is USDM.
    More Pics! I finnished up the fiberglass work and recover on my armrest. I had enough material leftover from my seat patch job to get it done. Matches nicely. Also got some more pics of the wheels and speaker pods. Nevermind the speakers not mounted, they were just junk speakers I had laying around the garage. I'll get that fixed up soon enough. As for the wheels, I really like them on the wagon, but they will soon be back on the CRX because that is where they belong. I'll probably rock the stock RT wheels full-time once I get them painted up nice. Enjoy the pics!
    183.jpg
    184.jpg
    185.jpg
    186.jpg
    187.jpg
    188.jpg
    The wheels on the CRX
    632.jpg
  • Looks amazing ! Love the wheels and the seats
  • CarGuyCarGuy New Wagonist
    Your wagon looks amazing man. I wish i could find me an arm rest...heard you can do some custom stuff with an EG rest.
    Maybe someone can chime in?
  • That arm rest kicks ass!
  • EDwEFprtsEDwEFprts Senior Wagonist
    it's looking so much better.
    i love the armrest too.
    Just installed an elcheapo set of fogs from Harbor Freight $14.99! They probably suck as far as quality. But I think they look OK for now and you can't beat the price!
    267.jpg
    268.jpg
    Oh yeah, and I got to use my rear defrost for the first time this morning. Works perfect! Every element heats up. That's a rare find in old Hondas.
    Well, after a few days of use, fogs actually work pretty good. I wired them up to an old defrost switch I had and popped out one of my blanks so everything would be neat & clean. I don't like drilling new holes in OEM plastic! (armrest was an exception)
    324.jpg
    and a few random shots from the weekend.
    325.jpg
    326.jpg
    Finally got around to working on the sagging rear bumper. I pulled the bumper down and noticed that there was a factory mounting point on the bottom left and right, but a big gap in the middle. after years of heat from the exhaust, the plasitc was sagging. My solution was to add a center mount. I found an old aluminum bracket I had laying around in the garage and got to work. Here is how it looked when I started.
    519.jpg

Notice the factory mount above the tailpipe
    520.jpg

This was the bracket I found to use. Collecting random hardware comes in handy!
    521.jpg

I drilled two holes, one on either side of the bracket and attached it using self-tapping screws.
    522.jpg

Of course, I cleaned off the surface rust and painted everything up.
    523.jpg

Then I simply drilled a hole in the bumper and inserted a bolt with a nut on the back side of the bracket.
    524.jpg

Here is the end result. Not perfect but much better. It is still a little warped on one side. I am going to tweak on it a bit and see if I can get it any better. Total cost = $.98 for self tapping screws and about an hour of labor. Everything else I already had on hand!
    525.jpg
  • CarGuyCarGuy New Wagonist
    The thing i hate about my wagon is the muffler is hanging like a mother f****r. But good progress!
    My Gathers came today! Not only do they look great, they sound great too!
    530.jpg
    531.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    very nice Rt.... :!:
    Love the white wheels... 8)
    what did you get the switch out of.. :?: ( im gonna add it to my shopping list for the honda/acura junk yard on saturday..)
    I believe it came out of a 3G EW hatch. Not 100% though I have a bad habit of snatching up switches from the junkyard. They come in handy for foglights, amps, etc... Anytime I can fill in a blank insted of drilling holes, I'm game.
    Got a set of Yakima SST racks on craigslist last week. Came with the Y-17 clps believe it or not! Got two towers, cross bars, and two bike trays for $60! Can't beat that. Just got around to mounting them today. I have an old school fairing coming in the mail from ebay. Get pics of that later.
    11.jpg
    Also, I swapped my grey RT logo for a black one. I like it much better. The grey one just didn't show up very well.
    12.jpg
  • VialkVialk Band Wagon
    Yeeee exactly like mine minus the auto. Yours is a bit cleaner though haha! Seats turned out rad!
  • I have the same OK honda motors co. decal on my wagon!
    Yeah, I was stoked it still had it! These were dealer installed stickers. After the vehicle arived at the dealer, it was inspected and given the OK ready to sell. I did alot of research on them for my CRX and someone on redpepperracing.com had some reproductions made up. It is cool to have an origional!
    We even had some really sweet shirts made up!
    204.jpg
    My Yakima fairing came today. As showed in the auction pictures, it had no Yakima logo. Other than that, it is in good shape. I was going to have a logo made for it, but the letters were raised from where it was on before. It was almost like it had been painted over. Well, with some extra time on my hands, I got out the masking tape and the Xacto knife.
    232.jpg
    233.jpg
    234.jpg
    We'll see how it turned out in the morning.
    I also started painting my stock wheels. Center caps painted, and first coat of black on the H's
    235.jpg
  • vtecn8ivevtecn8ive Senior Wagonist
    I was going to say that I know a lot of 1g Crx guys paint there mudflaps like that.
    Good stuff!

Good to know about the sticker, I have one on my Crx :)
  • CivicDeMayoCivicDeMayo New Wagonist
    I like what you've done.. The wagon is looking sharp! Keep it up..
    Taping off revealed success!
    241.jpg
    Then it was time for mounting.
    242.jpg

Also, Went to Pull-A-Part yesterday and got a front lip off a 92' Legend. It was a bit long but with some cutting action it came out nicely!
    243.jpg

The complete package!
    244.jpg
    Front Shot
    245.jpg
  • Your wagon sir, is beautiful. Those fogs are pretty monstrous. I guess I say that because I have the cheap Walmart versions. I love your roof rack. I want to buy it from you.... I'm serious... I really want it.

I like the rear pods and armrest. I have an armrest in my car, I pulled it out of a CB7 accord. :D
    Wish I had a RT4WD wagon. Sigh....

I'd recommend you painting your corners amber. That's what I did. Pretty simple. And to go with them I have a set of extra amber bumper lights if you'd be interested (or so I think)...

I painted my fogs yellow, my corners amber, then smoked my fogs, bumper lights, and corners. I think it looks sexy. :D
    Great job on your car so far man. I love the attention to detail you have. Love the mud flaps too.

Take a look at my wagon thread if you got some time. It's the one with the title, Swagoberry.

Btw, I really am serious about the roof rack. Give it to me. :D
  • This thing is really coming along! Congrats!

I need to hit up some junk yards and find me an armrest. And a lip!
    Sorry Seth, just got the roof rack and absolutely love it!! I think it set the whole car off.
    The lip was another unexpeceted addition. I just happened to see it on that Legend in the junkyard and had to have it. A real steal at $5 I love Junk yard hunting. You never know what you will drag home!