Simplyhonda's RT-4WD

Comments

• simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Just another icy wagon pic. I like icy pics. Note the split front lip. Lost my bracket playing in the snow.
    728.jpg
  • :mrgreen:
    thnx man...
  • eckoboteckobot New Wagonist
    wow! soooo simple and effective! the funny thing is that i work with metal all day long. :oops:

THANK YOU!!!! :D

all i need is to find my other factory radio, since the original is having a short on the right side.
    always a work in progress, especially watching your build. NICE WORK!

by the way, I LOVE your 1st gen. i have a pic @ work for my desktop.
    they are absolutely gorgeous rides! the REX's are my first love, had three 2nd gens with one still around a 1989/90 SiDX. fun 'lil b@stards!

keep up the great work on such a beautiful brown bull! (so jealous) :mrgreen:
    Thanks man! The CRX is the car that started it all relating to my Honda obsession. Had it almost 14 years. Worked all summer when i was 16 to buy this one owner Rex with 101k on the clock. Many cars have come & gone, but the CRX holds a special place in my heart. Some cool features it sports is Integra rear discs, DC shifter, factory fogs, JDM digital dash, and JDM crx steering wheel. She now has about 210,000 on the origional EW motor. Rare to SE it with snow on it. I usually keep it covered & sheltered.
    Thanks man! The CRX is the car that started it all relating to my Honda obsession. Had it almost 14 years. Worked all summer when i was 16 to buy this one owner Rex with 101k on the clock. Many cars have come & gone, but the CRX holds a special place in my heart. Some cool features it sports is Integra rear discs, DC shifter, factory fogs, JDM digital dash, and JDM crx steering wheel. She now has about 210,000 on the origional EW motor. Rare to SE it with snow on it. I usually keep it covered & sheltered.

VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, I mean WOW nice! DOUBLE :mrgreen:
    Here is how I am spending my New Years Eve. Maybe I have no life, or am a bit sick in the head. either way I love my wagon. Once again, Testors model paint and a very, very fine tip brush. First coat is coming out a bit rough, but it should clean up with coat #2.
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg
    14.jpg
    15.jpg
    Should have taken a before pic - but you get the idea. Looks better than it did anyways. I'll get this side wrapped up with a couple of coats, then move on to the other side.
    Got it done! Took about an hour per side - per coat. Ended up with two coats on each side. So a four hour job all for some anal cosmetic touch-up. Not professional but I'm happy :)
    Before:
    512.jpg
    After:
    81.jpg
    82.jpg
  • I really like how you did that. It looks great! I'm thinking you'll have a lot of people doing this now!
  • Goodness your wagon just keeps looking sexier and sexier. And no, you're not sick or weird for spending your new years eve doing that. Shoot, I spent Christmas Eve swapping in my D16Y7. :D
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    I love this thread. Nice restore again! Great tips too man.
  • I really like the updates and photos. I hope to follow when I get my wagon.

Nice clean wagon!
  • Wow man, it looks great!
    Seriously!.........why aren't you on the January WOTM! you b chillin' on the garage floor on NEW YEARS EVE! and besides your ride is nice and clean! its how the rest should take note and pull up a chair to see how one LOVES thee HONDAS!

great wago, bro! :D :D :D :D

note: put in the cup holders for the new center console and should be in!!!! :lol:
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    I love the attention to detail. This Wagon has come a long way. I envy your 4WD-ness.
    Thanks for the tip on the speaker covers!
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Just looked through all 4 pages of your build. What a transformation, great build! Lovin the CRX too. I had a 84 as my first car and sadly had to sell it when I moved up here to Idaho from Southern California. My first car and had it for roughly 12 years. Great build though, love your attention to detail.
    A quick pic today of my Realtime collection. Wife drives the CRV - 213,000 miles!
    77.jpg
  • Andy TFAndy TF New Wagonist
    Wow.......... Sweet wagon and very inspiring!
    DUDE!

just grabbed another RT4WD!

lovin' the wifes ride! 8)
    Here is the interresting exhaust tip I scored at pull-a-part yesterday. Never seen one like it. It kinda reminds me of the old Mugen exhaust. I got it off an old 70's Datsun.
    204.jpg
    205.jpg
    206.jpg
    Here it is after a few minutes with the wire wheel! Can't decide if I want it black or leave it bare.
    207.jpg
    208.jpg
    Put the tip on today. I like it!
    222.jpg
    223.jpg
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Different but looks good.
    Might sound like a dumb question but does it sound any different?
    Don't know, Havn't driven it yet, wouldn't imagine it would, but I'll let you know.
    No different.
    i agree, it looks different but i guess thats the f'n point. so, f it!!!! looks f'n gangsta! like a barrel of a thompson submachine gun.
  • Very nice man, that Wagon just keeps getting cooler!
    Yes, f it! That's the f'n point!
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it!
    Drove the wagon to the park for some disc golf with my wife & buddy Garcia. She snapped a few pics for me. -Thought I'd share.
    564.jpg
    565.jpg
    566.jpg
    567.jpg
    568.jpg
    569.jpg
    570.jpg
    571.jpg
    Newly aquired - Titanium 12 point turbine bolts for the roofrack! - A sweet aviation school surplus item. Crappy cell phone pic. I'll take some more pics when I get them all on, I was just excited.
    612.jpg
    Started an new project. Hope it works out. Here is a teaser pic. More to follow as work progresses!
    613.jpg