My $350 wagon project (NEW PICS 12/26/11)

Comments

• Prennro wrote: »
    LMK how that cable to hydro swap goes for you. I researched it a bunch, I got the Innovative conversion kit (with the attached resevior) then got a lead on a b series cable tranny so never installed it.

Not a problem I'll keep everyone posted I'm actually going to mount the brackets for The cable to Hydro on the transmission today I should have some pictures later.
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    a friend of mine did this cable to hydro conversion and its taken him so long to source parts and get it to work correctly

Any reason why you're doing the conversion?

I myself cannot stand hydro
  • I perfer hydro trans myself. Cable trans have a great deal of miles on them and I had a extra hydro trans. As far as finding cable to hydro kits there all over the place. I found my HASPORT cable to hydro kit on craigslist but I have also seen kits on ebay, jhpusa.com and just about any other website. As far as brands that make cable to hydro kits theres hasport, Innovative, I probably missed a couple but you get the point. Hush22 also make a full conversion kit from what I hear is the best cable to hydro kit on the market. I just tested fitted the brackets and mounts everything looks good so far.

165.jpg
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Correct, i have rearched them all as well. Heard pros and cons on hasports kit, so interested on your feedback. The hush 22 kit gets A+ ratings on function, but it is expensive (over $400) you need to swap to crx pedal assembly, and the install requires you to lose the drivers side air ducting.

I actually have the innovative kit, pedals, and a specR hydro trans. Still putting some more miles on thethe wagon with the bseries cable tranny to see what i will do in the future.

Looking good! Keep at it. In for more updates!
  • I ran low on wagon funds but I believe this should allow a new clutch and water pump.
  • new pic of the wagon

293.jpg
  • Hasport shift linkage came today... almost ready!

314.jpg
  • I was going to swap the motor this week but decided to go with new axels and water pump.
  • My friend has a jdm Ef cluster that has a bad gas gauge. I plan on getting it sometime this week. If I can fix it ill post some pictures.
  • The JDM cluster was not fixable so I decided to swap out the speedometer to my cluster and it fit.

391.jpg
    wagoguy909 wrote: »
    My friend has a jdm Ef cluster that has a bad gas gauge. I plan on getting it sometime this week. If I can fix it ill post some pictures.
  • I was on the junk yard today and came across a 91 civic sedan with a jdm front. Yes I know it's crazy. Well since I don't know anyone with a ef four the first thing came to mind was how much mods would be needed to fit my 88-91 wagon? Thanks to everyone's input ahead of time.
  • you will love that shift linkage. get a dual bend, it will give you the best experience ever! haha. it feels really nice. i have it in my sedan with a stock gsr dual bend

oh and your kidding right? a jdm front ef sedan??
  • Not at all kidding. I wish it would fit the wagon but I beieve it would be a hack job to make it fit.
    MY_EEWagon wrote: »
    you will love that shift linkage. get a dual bend, it will give you the best experience ever! haha. it feels really nice. i have it in my sedan with a stock gsr dual bend

oh and your kidding right? a jdm front ef sedan??
  • I going to put the jdm headlights for sale on Craigslist
    472.jpg

473.jpg
  • By the way the headlight are for a jdm ef2 4 door sedan civic.
    wagoguy909 wrote: »
    I going to put the jdm headlights for sale on Craigslist
    472.jpg

473.jpg
  • I tested the ef2 hood on the wagon today and it was about 3 inches to long. Craigslist here I come lol
  • did you get the whole front end?
  • Yes I did get the complete front end but I just sold the hood, front bumper and bumper filter. The parts I do have are both headlights, raditor support and front bumper support.
    MY_EEWagon wrote: »
    did you get the whole front end?
  • I had some extra time last night so I decided to mount the motor and trans together. Hoping I can swap the motor this weekend.

545.jpg
  • Decided to go with innovative traction bar instead of cutting the stock cross member. I gave the traction bar a fresh coat of paint.

574.jpg
  • I had some bad luck last week. The clutch pedal on my wagon broke. Yes I know this is a common problem. I plan on enforcing it sometime this week.
  • Here's a picture of the broken clutch pedal
    16.jpg
  • M!KE K!NGM!KE K!NG Band Wagon
    I put a CRX clutch pedal in mine and it seemed to fit okay without having to leave the driver's side A/C ducting out.

It is a major pain to pull it out... but once you have done it a few time sit should be a piece of cake.

I happen to have an extra CRX Si clutch pedal assembly that i could sell you for cheap +shipping if you want to try it out. You just use the Wagon clutch cable and adjust it.
  • M!KE K!NG wrote: »
    I put a CRX clutch pedal in mine and it seemed to fit okay without having to leave the driver's side A/C ducting out.

It is a major pain to pull it out... but once you have done it a few time sit should be a piece of cake.

I happen to have an extra CRX Si clutch pedal assembly that i could sell you for cheap +shipping if you want to try it out. You just use the Wagon clutch cable and adjust it.

Thank you for the offer however I believe it's best for me to reinforce the clutch pedal assembly. Buying another pedal Assembly and waiting for that one break Seems to put a Band-Aid on the situation.
  • Finally installed clutch pedal assembly today added an additional bracket for support.
    162.jpg
  • The pedal assembly is installed and will be Test driving today hopefully this weekend I can get to the swap.
  • stalanthonstalanthon Band Wagon
    nice i hope everything goes good for you the wagon looking good
  • stalanthon wrote: »
    nice i hope everything goes good for you the wagon looking good

Thanks already to swap the motor shouldn't be a problem.
  • I just posted my Bosch 1600cc injectors in the parts section let me know if anyone's interested

163.jpg