My $350 wagon project (NEW PICS 12/26/11)

Comments

• Has anyone installed the Skunk2 Ultra Street manifold on a wagon before? Looks like it will be a very tight fit against the fire wall.
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Nice work going on in here! Why the skunk over the JG intake?
  • The Edelbrock manifold is way too big for a naturally aspirated set up. I only used the Edelbrock because I had it left over from my previous build. The Skunk2 caught my eye and I've had a couple of buddies Dyno their cars with a lot of success with the ultra street race manifold.
  • Damm bra im jelly.. its coming out clean though cant hate, Hook it up wit a lower center console lol..
  • btbammerbtbammer Wagonist
    Which ef did the console come out of? Couldnt you also use the same/matching model shifter e brake console to have it line up so theres not that gap?

Eitherway, what a build!
  • btbammerbtbammer Wagonist
    also, the traction bar, I heard you cant go as low with it because it sits lower on your chassis? is that true or is it just fine? I need to get one myself but Im concerned about ground clearance.
    wagoguy909 wrote: »
    The Edelbrock manifold is way too big for a naturally aspirated set up. I only used the Edelbrock because I had it left over from my previous build. The Skunk2 caught my eye and I've had a couple of buddies Dyno their cars with a lot of success with the ultra street race manifold.

Thx for clarifying. I was just curious. Hope you get the power #s you were looking for!
  • Prennro wrote: »
    Thx for clarifying. I was just curious. Hope you get the power #s you were looking for!

thanks for checking out the thread hopefully I'll Dyno within a couple months. I'll be checking out your build thread. Hope everything is going good for you
  • btbammer wrote: »
    also, the traction bar, I heard you cant go as low with it because it sits lower on your chassis? is that true or is it just fine? I need to get one myself but Im concerned about ground clearance.

And to answer your question there is less Clearance with the traction bar unfortunately. If your wagons hammered I would not recommend.
  • btbammer wrote: »
    Which ef did the console come out of? Couldnt you also use the same/matching model shifter e brake console to have it line up so theres not that gap?

Eitherway, what a build!

Thank you! The center console came out of a 90 civic sedan. I've actually heard the same as you, I attempted a four-door the Brake console with no luck. The four-door center console stands bit taller but not enough to correct the gap.
  • Damm bra im jelly.. its coming out clean though cant hate, Hook it up wit a lower center console lol..

lol I wish I had one that fits
  • My buddy found a clean set of wagon front seats. I will post some pics soon
  • wagoguy909 wrote: »
    lol I wish I had one that fits
    I found one that im gonna mod i got a good idea. check out my biuld..
  • I'll try to check it out.
  • wagoguy909wagoguy909 Wagonist
    Its been awhile. I have a couple new things, post pics up soon
  • Just finished up my hatchback. I switched out the victor X manifold to a Skunk2 ultra race. I still need to extend the cold side piping and install the FCS fuel cell. I'm putting in some work to the wagon very shortly.

25.jpg
  • Decided to change up my suspension to skunk2 Pro C's. Excited to say the least.
    124.jpg<a href="http://125.jpg Pictures, Images and Photos" /></a>
  • wagoguy909 wrote: »
    Decided to change up my suspension to skunk2 Pro C's. Excited to say the least.
    Pictures, Images and Photos" /></a>

Can you post a link of where you bought the Skunk2 Pro C's please? Or pm the link please?
  • 91 RT4WD wrote: »
    Can you post a link of where you bought the Skunk2 Pro C's please? Or pm the link please?

I contacted Skunk2 directly since I had a few questions about the spring rates used on the Pro C suspension. I spoke with Joe, he gave me a really good price.
  • I contacted Skunk2 yesterday to see what other spring rates would be recommended and also asked if other wagon owners could call and receive a quote and they said they would be more than happy to help us wagon owners.
  • I also have some steel braided lines going in today!

321.jpg
  • I should have some free time to install my new Pro C suspension. I also have a skunk2 Pro plus front camber kit which should arrive tomorrow also. I can't wait!
  • My Skunk2 camber kit came in today!

6.jpg
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    Lookin good. I HIGHLY recommend squeezing some extra grease into those S2 upper control arms. I threw my S2 arms in the trash after replacing 4 ball joints in a year.
  • I have a skunk2 camber kit on my Integra and 700 hp hatchback and have never had a problem. They also come with a one-year warranty so I'll take my chances.
  • My skunk2 Alpha series header came in today. It's a very clean piece, all the welds are nice and tidy can't wait to install!&#55357;&#56832;
    CC9EED7A-E21A-490D-A306-59333C2C5283-8367-0000107E117B430C_zpsad4044dd.jpg
    Still looking good! You've got one hell of a collection of shiny new parts. :encouragement: