My $350 wagon project (NEW PICS 12/26/11)

Comments

• RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    thanks for the info/link! i have all 90-93 integra front knuckles and brakes so mine will probably be different
  • wagoguy909wagoguy909 Wagonist
    RoRo wrote: »
    thanks for the info/link! i have all 90-93 integra front knuckles and brakes so mine will probably be different

I believe they are the same. I'll double check
    Finally got a picture of my center console. I picked it up the center console and wagon rear mud flaps on craiglists for $60. The center console is for a 91 civic four door but the fiment isnt too bad.
    8B0D2E8D-6C33-4978-B529-38CF817B42A1-18395-000017532E761A10_zps04d83324.jpg
    Any ideas where I can find spary paint to match my brown interior?
  • what did that equalizer come out of???
    what did that equalizer come out of???

The equalizer came out of a 91 Crx I'm assuming it was a dealer option.
    Do those twin piston calliper a bolt right up?

I did a little research and it appears that twin piston caliper will fit the DA knuckle
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    wagoguy909 wrote: »
    I did a little research and it appears that twin piston caliper will fit the DA knuckle

this is why i love wagon owners! we are a rare breed of people who by the divine power of just owning the same vehicle we will go out of our way to help each other out.

so is this just bolt on or is it still modding to be done like you said earlier ?
    this is why i love wagon owners! we are a rare breed of people who by the divine power of just owning the same vehicle we will go out of our way to help each other out.

so is this just bolt on or is it still modding to be done like you said earlier ?

The modifications That will need to be done is milling the caliper bracket 3 mm for Clearance and Purchasing 93 Prelude SI H22 rotors and redrilling them to a 4x114 bolt pattern. There's a really good write up on this in the brake section on this site. I basically followed the steps that were posted. I highly recommended it.
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    wagoguy909 wrote: »
    Any ideas where I can find spary paint to match my brown interior?

Prennro went to Home depot with a brown part and they matched the paint.

He used it on his rear speaker pods that he made.

Looks damn close to me.
    rbwdriven wrote: »

Looks damn close to me.

Thanks for the info I'm going to check out Home Depot tomorrow
  • rbwdriven wrote: »

Looks damn close to me.

I visited Home Depot yesterday and found a spray paint which was a very close color to my interior
  • I sprayed my centersole and unfortunatley the color wasnt as close as I'd like to be. Going to pay Home Depot another visit.
  • Finally got my hatchback back from the fab shop. Now just saving cash for 2150cc injectors.
    325.jpg

326.jpg
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Build is awesome. Just now reading thru it and saw your issues with paint match. If you still havent gotten a match, Take this image and have them mix you some in satin. Matched as close as your gonna get!!
    Prennro wrote: »

Finally, after looking for numerous spray paints that would match the OEM wagon brown interior color, I decided to get some computer matched paint. Getting a Satin finish paint seemed to be the best bet. The pic doesn’t do it justice, and looks a little darker than it really is, but it is the best match I could come up with after numerous attempts to try and find a color match. Apparently, all you need is the info here to get the same custom matched color:
    424.jpg

Paint is drying as we speak, so I will post up some final pics (hopefully) tomorrow so stay tuned.
  • I'll definitely give that a try.
  • wrong picture
  • Good news, My buddy is purchasing his first house and offered me his GSR Motor. Going today to pick it up. Finally, the wagon will have some balls.

538.jpg
    Man, that is awesome! Just now able to drive mine on a regular basis and love the added power for when you need/want it! Ill prob be posting all my notes from my swap as a reference in the near future.
  • I just picked the motor! I will start my parts hunt tomorrow.
  • Good to hear there are other GSR wagons out there. That would be a really good idea to post your notes. Since I have converted to OBD1 and my wiring has vtec my swap should be cake. I have done this EF B series swap before and the hardest or I should say the most time consuming part is doing a clean wiring job.
  • Found some HASPORT EF B Series mount on criaglist for $150 on my way to pick them up!!
  • Heres a picture fo the hasport mounts. Going cable to hydro.

5A443703-3369-4FD5-980B-175C2232F267-3966-00000363B82B5EAD_zpsff285de8.jpg
  • Does anyone have any experience with innovative traction bars?
  • wagoguy909 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience with innovative traction bars?

I actually just installed one on my '90 rt4wd the other day. Car still isn't on the ground running though. What do you want to know?
  • I actually just installed one on my '90 rt4wd the other day. Car still isn't on the ground running though. What do you want to know?

Does the innovative traction bar have any clearance issues with B series headers?
  • wagoguy909 wrote: »
    Does the innovative traction bar have any clearance issues with B series headers?

I couldn't tell you 100%, but I doubt it. It gives a lot of extra space...apparently enough for a half-radiator as well. For reference, here is a pic of the traction bar in my RT (DOHC ZC with Bisimoto knockoff headers). Those headers would not clear the stock crossmember, so you're looking at probably an extra 4-5" of clearance:

78.jpg

Looks like this guy has one with a non-wagon B-series swap (and you can read through many pages of people arguing about traction bar design if you'd like...hahahaha):

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2232301
  • Thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be in the Innovative traction bars market soon.
    LMK how that cable to hydro swap goes for you. I researched it a bunch, I got the Innovative conversion kit (with the attached resevior) then got a lead on a b series cable tranny so never installed it.