My $350 wagon project (NEW PICS 12/26/11)

Comments

• kyle10182kyle10182 Band Wagon
    this thread is an inspiration to me. I've been looking for a complete wagon and all i keep finding are the $500 ones with blown transmissions and such. Maybe I'll go your route.
  • kyle10182 wrote:
    this thread is an inspiration to me. I've been looking for a complete wagon and all i keep finding are the $500 ones with blown transmissions and such. Maybe I'll go your route.

Yea at times it can be a pain :twisted: but if you have the tools, time, and know how its a great project. :wink:
  • 470.jpg[/quote]
    i have the same front lip. i bolted mine down and fits perfectly.
  • i have the same front lip. i bolted mine down and fits perfectly.

Thats cool did you use a 89 integra front lip?
  • Hey guys I had the day off today and I was able to install my new raditor...yeeeaaaa

216.jpg
  • Is it a pain to mount those DA seats?
  • Thats cool did you use a 89 integra front lip?[/quote]
    i believe it is. i never had an integra and a guy gave it to me.
  • High MileageHigh Mileage New Wagonist
    Very nice work. I admire your attention to detail and how clean everything is...
  • Is it a pain to mount those DA seats?

Not at all, there is a write about the install. It took me about 30 mins. It was time well spent. Heres the link (how to install DA seats in a wagon)
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5107
  • Very nice work. I admire your attention to detail and how clean everything is...

thanks, I do my best work when I have a couple of beers in my LOL
  • Just recieved my new struts for my hatch I should hqave some pics up today
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Updates? Lovin the build process. Seeing the lip makes me think twice about selling the 1st gen lip that I had(sellers remorse)
    It's all good though.
  • looks real good...
  • JDMWago666 wrote:
    Updates? Lovin the build process. Seeing the lip makes me think twice about selling the 1st gen lip that I had(sellers remorse)
    It's all good though.

The wagon has been put on the back burner for the moment. I just finished my hatch. Hoping to be tuned on Monday with Bisi.

74.jpg

75.jpg
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    Bisi is a genious! He tuned my Mazda for me and it ran better than perfect afterwards.
  • bisi is hardcore lol building my A6 on my crx with his stuff 79 bore on eagle sleaves 1.7 crank want it to look stock but want 200hp
  • yea bisi is one of the few tunners I trust my car with
  • I finally found some free time to do some mods today. I found 91 EX civic front brakes at the local pick a part and a rear sway bar from a civic hatchback I believe its a progessive anti rear sway bar. I also upgraded my master cyclinder to a 15/16 and the prop valve to a 90-91 integra 4040 prop valve. I had the fat five GSR's in my garage for about 5 years LOL Here are some pics

737.jpg

738.jpg

739.jpg

740.jpg

741.jpg
  • theEFkidtheEFkid Band Wagon
    wagon looks mint for $350, what the setup on the hatch?
  • that rear sway bar setup looks like Suspension Techniques from a long time ago.
  • inceptioninception New Wagonist
    Nice build.I think I may have to do the auto to manual conversion im just trying to figure out a way to keep it awd..Nice work on the hatch and wagon.
  • theEFkid wrote:
    wagon looks mint for $350, what the setup on the hatch?

turbo gsr
  • inception wrote:
    Nice build.I think I may have to do the auto to manual conversion im just trying to figure out a way to keep it awd..Nice work on the hatch and wagon.

thanks and good luck with your conversion. I am sure its possible.
  • jpciii wrote:
    that rear sway bar setup looks like Suspension Techniques from a long time ago.
    could be right... cant go wrong when the cost $40 for the two LOL
  • miniwhlminiwhl Band Wagon
    Hey, man! Very nice Wagovan. I have a '92 D16y8 in my current DD, an '88 CRX Si, and I use nothing but 87 octane gas with 10% Ethanol, which is what we have here in Texas. I have NO complaints at all. My car runs great, doesn't detonate, and gets mid-30's MPG. When I use better gas, the only difference I see is my wallet is lighter.
  • miniwhl wrote:
    Hey, man! Very nice Wagovan. I have a '92 D16y8 in my current DD, an '88 CRX Si, and I use nothing but 87 octane gas with 10% Ethanol, which is what we have here in Texas. I have NO complaints at all. My car runs great, doesn't detonate, and gets mid-30's MPG. When I use better gas, the only difference I see is my wallet is lighter.

thanks for the reply... I also see very little difference. With gas price out here in California I will happily full up with 87.
  • Here's a video from last week when I was at bisi's getting my hatch tunned.

12.jpg
  • I was woundering if anyone knows if this cargo cover and mounting brackets are OEM Honda parts? I've seen a few different wago members cargo covers and they all have small differences. I found them at the junk yard in a 91 wagon.

485.jpg

486.jpg

487.jpg
  • NycetryNycetry Wagonist
    i also found one just like that in a wago in my local JY had the same mounting brackets on it im thinking it might be oem