1990 RT4WD Build Thread

Hey guys,

Figured it's time I got a thread started for my RT4WD I got earlier this year. I just got her running again after the motor went. Here are some pics and the mod list.

Engine:
D16A6 12:1 Compression
88-89 Integra p29 Pistons
D16Z6 Head
D16Y8 Intake Manifold ported to 60mm
96 B18B 60mm Throttle Body
New OEM Rods
ACL Race bearings (Rod and Crank)
OEM Main and rear seals
New water pump
Relapped all valves
Generic 4-2-1 header custom modified to go around RT front differential
Fake 2.5" Cat
2.25" Resonator (3 ft long)
2.25" Exhaust Piping
2.25" Universal Ansa Muffler with tunable Silencer
Rywire OBD1 conversion harness
Chipped P28 ecu tuned with Crome Pro

Suspension / Braking:
Stock 87 Accord front struts
Modified 03 Civic Rear Struts
Generic front/rear coilovers
Skunk2 LCA's - Gold
15/16" Master Cylinder
11.1" Prelude Front Rotors / Calipers
Skunk2 Pro series front upper control arm
Wicked Rear Toe adjustment arms
Rear upper camber arms

Interior:
Focal 165 KRX2 Components
MTX Thunder 405 4 Channel Amplifier (for Focal components)
Cruise Control (came with the car - had to fix some wiring to get it to work)
Wink Mirror
The infamous "Walmart Cupholder" mod

Exterior:
DA Front Lip
Custom 1.25" tow hitch
Custom trailer wiring
New Rear Wiper Motor
Passenger Side Mirror
15x7 Rota Wheels
205/50R15 Kumho AST Tires

Before new paint:

81.jpg

After new paint:

588.jpg

Comments

• slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    Nice! I love this color. The sk2 coilovers are awsome thats what i have on my wagon. It rides like a caddy! lol

GL hope to see some progress.
  • stampernstampern Senior Wagonist
    Mine don't ride like a Caddy, they are pretty stiff. I'm hoping to AutoX the car next year. We'll see how this motor does once it's broken in.
  • get a y7 head...your comp will raise a little more
    Not too worried about any more compression at this point. Gonna focus on cam, intake and exhaust. Plus i don't want to run a different distributor and don't feel like modifying mine to fit a obd1/2 head.
  • dj alodj alo Wagonist
    nice rt ! mines the same color. maybe youve seen it around town when im in nampa? or on here.
    I'm in Nampa too, but I rarely see any wagons (makes me sad). We need to have a Idaho Meet soon so i can meet the rest of the guys here. I've only meed Hai and Shenrie. Not sure if Hai is still in the wagon scene though.
  • dj alodj alo Wagonist
    im in nampa every weekend. we should have a wagon meet before the weather gets to shitty.
    Ya, we definitely do. I'd love for us here in boise to meet up for pizza or whatever.
  • OBD0 distributor will bolt up to a Y7 head. You also get 1mm larger valves with the Y7/Y8 heads. However, the ports on the Y7 head are so wimpy (so's the cam) that you don't want to go there. However, there's a guy on D-series.org that swapped the cam caps, rocker shafts, rockers, etc... from a Y7 head onto a Y8 head, and says it all works lickety split. That way you get the bigger valves, the bigger ports of the Y8 head and the smaller better shaped Y8 combustion chamber, and no hassles with Vtec.
    If I do a obd1 or 2 head I'd do a obd1 conversion and use a p28 ecu possibly. Here is one of the next things to go into the wagon. Should help me during AutoX this next year. I think they'll be pretty comfy with some 4 point harnesses. Gotta love blue suede.

image_133.jpg
  • Dave-ODave-O Wagonist
    Jaker wrote:
    OBD0 distributor will bolt up to a Y7 head. You also get 1mm larger valves with the Y7/Y8 heads. However, the ports on the Y7 head are so wimpy (so's the cam) that you don't want to go there. However, there's a guy on D-series.org that swapped the cam caps, rocker shafts, rockers, etc... from a Y7 head onto a Y8 head, and says it all works lickety split. That way you get the bigger valves, the bigger ports of the Y8 head and the smaller better shaped Y8 combustion chamber, and no hassles with Vtec.

Sorry to jack the thread, but do you have any more info on this?
  • Marc_EE9Marc_EE9 Senior Wagonist
    nice

sounds like you know your stuff
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Nice seats Nick. Cars looking good man!
  • Dave-ODave-O Wagonist
    You Idaho guys know how to do wagons, be it engine work, looks, suspension, or track-driving. Looks good man. :wink:
    Well, the new motor is almost broken in - got 950 miles on it currently - gonna go to 1100 miles before I change to synthetic and really get it on it. My speedo is about 3-4 miles off so I know the 950 miles isn't accurate. This definitely has more pep than the stock d16a6. More low end torque and even more high end HP even with the small 1.5l cam I'm running. Should be a lot better once the Stage 2 cam gets installed someday.
    Got a couple more things dowe to the wagon this week. Custom Hitch and 15/16" master cylinder. Rebuilt motor is running awesome. I'm getting ready to buy a pipe bender here soon so I can run 2.25" or 2.5" custom piping all the way from the cat to the new Ansa muffler I have. I also have a 4-2-1 header I'm going to modify to fit the RT. This should hopefully open up the higher rpms on the motor. I'm going to snap a few much better pictures of the hitch installed and the wiring setup I did once I get my new camera this week. I'll post them here.

www.civicwagon.com
    www.civicwagon.com
  • toneFAB.toneFAB. New Wagonist
    Heeeey..

Your wagon reminds me so much of mine.. :lol:
    IMG_1218.jpg
  • antigramantigram Band Wagon
    nice car mate :D
  • like he said...

dunno...

:mrgreen:
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    Nice stance!
  • any dyno numbers with that high of compression?
    Nah, I've never had it dyno'd. I don't have the new cam in, or the ecu tuned or anything. I might do it one of these days. But I've been really impressed with it.
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    hows the breaking compare to stock and ur upgraded master cylinder?
    Breaking is better, I like the larger master cylinder, gives me a better feel for my brakes. All the brake rotors and pads are stock though.
    Just did a little more on the wagon today - added a DA front lip - here are before and after pics

• next mod, a real camera!
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    A cell phone has a "real camara" just comes out a bit fuzzy. Pictures look fine to me.
    What's the point of a bajillion megapixels if I'm going to reduce the resolution to 600x450 anyway. LOL
  • to get a clean non shitty picture? either way whatever floats your boat, good luck with the build man.