i got the first 4wd engine mounts from innovative mounts

just finally installed them. they are alot more stiffer. if you need a set let me know and i can get them for you. not sure of the price yet. pics to come soon. you choose three different stiffness on the bushings.

Comments

• shenrieshenrie Council Member
    Right on. I didnt even know they were different. What material are they made out of. The guys at Innovate are awesome to work with. I love companies that return phonecalls ;)

I just ordered a set of the inserts for the torque mounts as they seem to be very similar for my d-wagon.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    nice.
    i worked with them for the past year now, trying to get this done.

they are steel and poweder coated black.

the way the tranny side sits on for the 4wd wagons, it wont allow much room to have billet work.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    after driving a couple of weeks now, there will be a need to have the forth mount too.

i was trying to get away with only 3 mounts, rear, passenger, and driver side.

the front mount will be needed, cause there is some movement.
  • 949 wrote:
    just finally installed them. they are alot more stiffer. if you need a set let me know and i can get them for you. not sure of the price yet. pics to come soon. you choose three different stiffness on the bushings.

What if I just wanted the right side tranny to chassis mount?
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    not sure, ill ask next week. when did you want it?
  • hey do you have any pictures of the mounts I would be very interested in them as I just picked up my wagon and Im going to install the drive train in an eg hatch or crx
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    i forgot to take pics as i put them in.

i have been working on this for a while and it didnt work the first few times around.

so i didnt do it this time thinking it may not work but this time it worked.

i am still waiting on the fourth mount.
  • well let me know if you can get any pictures from innovative
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    on just the mounts?

the only mounts are on my car. they only seem to make them per order. they dont stock them. unless i give them pics they wont have any pics.
  • what are they charging for the mounts.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    i just asked and it will cost the about the same as any kit for the ef civic. they say it wont cost them any more to make then for the current kits they make for the civic. which i am not sure what the current prices is at. i may be able to get it for you at a little better price. so just let me know ill do what i can. but if you can get a group together to buy more then one at this one time it would be easier to get it at a better price.
  • well get a group buy together and im in.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    you will have to do it. i wont have the time to set it up. i help you carry it out with the company, once you get an organized group.
  • Pics??
  • i can call Tim at innovative and just order mine i guess.
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    i can call Tim at innovative and just order mine i guess.

:D
    you should, and keep us posted on how it goes. since i didnt take pics you should take them before you put them in and after you put them in.

for anyone else let me know and ill get you a deal on them but if you get a few people together it would be much better for the pricing.
  • evol911 wrote:
    Pics??

x2

and price too>>> :P
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    i had to ask for the front mounts to be redone. so they are working on it. ill try to get the pics up but i have not had any time nor a working digital camera.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Assuming these are just D-series replacements?
  • Did you ever get pics?

I take it from reading, no replacement for the tranny to rail mount ?
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    the difference is that on 4wd mounts, the passenger side tranny mount is different. the other two are the same.

now i asked them to make the front ones too. so you get all four. since there wasnt any real mounts on the fronts they fabbed one up. it works with their competition bar.

if you dont have a 4wd wagon, then regular 91 ef civic mounts will work fine.
  • Oh right, cool. So they do the odd tranny mount then.
    Do you have pics ??

I've lowered my engine in the bay with washers under the bolts. Temp measure, I want to extend the bolts a bit for more thread.
    Pass tranny mount is very short on spare thread.
  • Do you mean like these:

37.jpg

38.jpg

I simply unscrewed the studs from the mounts, and used longer bolts instead.
  • stampernstampern Senior Wagonist
    Any more info on these? Also, do you know if they are going to make a rear diff mount too? The would be very nice to have since they seem to go out too. I checked their site and didn't see anything about these mounts, any idea when they will be releasing them?
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    you just need to call them to ask.
  • stampern wrote:
    Also, do you know if they are going to make a rear diff mount too? The would be very nice to have since they seem to go out too.

I sent them one of my rear diff mounts so they could look a copying it, and they said they could not do it because the diameter was too small to fit their off the shelf mount bushings. I even offered that they could make it larger diameter because there was room for it under the car with some minor mods to the mounting holes, etc... and they said "not interested" because all they want to make is bolt on stuff.
  • Jaker wrote:
    Do you mean like these:

37.jpg

I simply unscrewed the studs from the mounts, and used longer bolts instead.

Exactly man. But god damn. How you got those ones out...
    I've been seriously trying but mine just wont shift for nothing. :(

I got two washers in for max. I need more tho.
  • I had no trouble getting them out. I used Vice Grips, and simply unscrewed the studs. You could clamp the stud in your vice and unscrew the mount from the stud, or you could use some heat to persuade the stud to turn.

I was lowering the engine for 2 reasons:

1 - to gain clearance between the blower drive snout on my supercharger and the bottom of the master cylinder, and...

2 - to align the u-joint angles on my 1 piece driveshaft.

I may be in a position to remove some of these washers soon. I will no longer need as much blower/MC clearance, as I'm going with a balance bar dual MC setup, so I won't need the rear of the motor to be quite so low anymore, and subsequently the front of the motor will be able to come up as well, and still maintain the correct u-joint angles.
  • Well inititally I was lowering for clearance with my manifold but now it's for CoG.
    But that son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick.
  • stampernstampern Senior Wagonist
    So, I called Innovative and they have these in stock now. Not on the website last I looked, but I can order them through my distributor if anybody wants them at a cheaper price. I think retail they are around $250 from Innovative. I'll give you guys a better price. (hope this isn't against the rules). Let me know if anybody is interested.