How to install EG/EK hatch Rear Spoiler on 88-91 Civic Wagon

*** Disclaimer*** I understand this is a very easy and straight forward modification but I have been asked at least 6 times in the last month how I installed my EK hatch carbon duckbill on my wagon. I want to create this thread so I have something to reference in order to show people how exactly I did it***

With that being said lets begin. As we all know the amount of aftermarket parts for our wagons are slim to none, specially for aftermarket rear spoilers unless you want to pay an arm and a leg. Also eg and ek hatchback wings are much easier to come by. So I thought why not? I took the carbon duckbill off my ek hatch and said screw it and wanted to put it on.

First off you HAVE TO drill holes in your stock wing to make this work. If you are not willing to do this, it wont work.

Its very easy, you just line up your eg/ek wing and put it right ontop of your stock wing. Once you have it set how you like it, you have to drill holes in your stock wing, where the holes in the aftermarket wing line up. I know this kinda sounds confusing but see the pictures and it would make more sense. I honestly just eyeballed it and it came out pretty good. ALSO USE PLASTIC WASHERS BETWEEN THE WINGS

Once all four holes are drilled you take the correct bolts, along with washers and basically bolt your aftermarket wing onto your stock one. So what you are doing is putting a wing on a wing. Think of your stock wagon wing as a adapter plate. Once this is all done you should have your finished product.

Now all you have to do is bolt your stock wing back on and your done! Hopefully this is what the finished product looks like.

227.jpg

THe shiny bolts are the bolts going through the stock wing into the carbon one: 228.jpg

You can see the washer bolt and the other one without a washer here ( whoops): 229.jpg

I also ended up using plastic washers that I bought at a hardware store so there is something cushioning the stock wing on the aftermarket one: 230.jpg

Here is the other one: 231.jpg

I dont have any real good close up pics of it on the car but you can get the idea: 105.jpg

209.jpg

Comments

• unc25unc25 New Wagonist
    Interesting...

Id like to see some more pics of it installed if you could snap some.

Whats the gap look like all around?
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    its actually not to bad man. Ill try to grab some more tonight
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    chase , you said that bout a weekago! *shmurda dances*:afro::grief::positive::applause::star::dog::semi-twins::greedy_dollars::monkey::cower::anonymous::beguiled::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman:

looks clean makes me want to give it a go, i bought a jspeed wing but never got around to installing it and sold it to someone on here but ive been long wondering wether or not that foam fender method would also make for a fun spoiler project for the asthetically inclined
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    klum wrote: »
    chase , you said that bout a weekago! *shmurda dances*:afro::grief::positive::applause::star::dog::semi-twins::greedy_dollars::monkey::cower::anonymous::beguiled::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman::snowman:

lmfao hahaha I'm dead! This is exactly why I miss forums. haha. Yeah im not going to lie, I totally forgot to get more pictures, Ill see what I can do soon.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg
  • Looks so good maine ✌
    looooks great! might have to jack yo style yo.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    looooks great! might have to jack yo style yo.

Thanks buddy, its all good man. As long as you keep the wheels rolling on your civic wagon, I am totally cool with that! Keep em on the road!
    hey man can you snap a few pics of your cpillar setup i had a hard time getting mine on but i feel like thats just gunna " pre load it " which might actually make it functional im just curious how the hardware lines up / which way it faces .
    and hell yea brother! lol i got over 10 k in my car JUST KEEPING THIS BITCH ALIVE!
    thats j swap in a eg money... fml. peep the signature we're a buncha morons lol but we loyal as dj khaled would say... hahaha
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    hey man can you snap a few pics of your cpillar setup i had a hard time getting mine on but i feel like thats just gunna " pre load it " which might actually make it functional im just curious how the hardware lines up / which way it faces .
    and hell yea brother! lol i got over 10 k in my car JUST KEEPING THIS BITCH ALIVE!
    thats j swap in a eg money... fml. peep the signature we're a buncha morons lol but we loyal as dj khaled would say... hahaha

Oh yeah no problem man ill try to get more pictures later. In all honesty its just a $25 c piller bar for a DA. Fit just fine after I adjusted it. Very cheaply made bar I like it and the way it looks.
  • UnuselectusUnuselectus Band Wagon
    Any more pictures for the EG duckbill?
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    Sorry I dont have any pictures of a EG duckbill on a civic wagon. My guess here is that you would do the same exact thing for a eg wing as you would a ek wing.
  • Looks good I have a carbon fiber wing laying around from my ek might just go for it looks different