The Monster's RT4WD Civic

Comments

• Finally got the shock towers cups made and welded on the shock tower.

274.jpg

275.jpg

276.jpg

277.jpg

278.jpg

Then I dropped the gas tank because we will be welding in that area, and I'd rather not blow up...thanks to the muffler shop that installed my exhaust system....the whole damn thing was welded together lol...so that had to come off along with the drive shaft.

279.jpg

280.jpg

Next I got my car towed back to my work so the guys there could weld my shock towers in. Sorry I didn't get picture of the install :( because I was working at another location while they were doing it.

281.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

It looks like poo because that's all seam sealer, we didn't make it look pretty because it should be covered by the trim....I HOPE!

284.jpg

285.jpg

They also hooked me up and welded my antenna hole :D

286.jpg

Then we started prepping the engine bay

287.jpg

288.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

Then the it was time for the pretty paint I picked :D

IMG_8311_zps14a29d7c.jpg

291.jpg

Clear coat

292.jpg

293.jpg

294.jpg

295.jpg

296.jpg

Now I gotta get the engine back in so I can drive it back to my work to finish the job :D
  • I forgot to put this picture in the previous update lol, but we sprayed this part so you wouldn't see red when the trim was put on.

IMG_8313_zpsc3f3cf01.jpg

Next I got the wagon towed back to my shop.

312.jpg

Then I borrowed an engine stand from my friend so I could start getting this D16Z6 put together while

313.jpg
  • So I took the crankshaft and the girdle out.

394.jpg

Then I started taping up the block to strip the paint.

395.jpg

396.jpg

I also decided to get the head taken apart. Might as well get all this stuff checked out before I put it back together.

397.jpg

Sprayed the aircraft stripper on it.

398.jpg

399.jpg

400.jpg

It did alright, but there was still some paint on it.

401.jpg

402.jpg

Did a second coat.

403.jpg

And it did a little bit better.

404.jpg

405.jpg

406.jpg

Then I scuffed it up to the much of my abilities.

407.jpg

408.jpg

409.jpg

1st coat

410.jpg

411.jpg

412.jpg

7 or 8 coats later

413.jpg

414.jpg

415.jpg

hope to get this motor ready soon!!
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    I LOVE the paint choice! SOOOO good!
  • BillBoard wrote: »
    I LOVE the paint choice! SOOOO good!

It looks even better in person man! I'm so excited!
  • Well, I've been patiently waiting for the machine shop to finish my engine. We have had a couple ice storms and snow which has "set them back". They called me Friday saying it needed a new oil pump, so he said this Monday I should be able to go pick it up! I hadn't had much time to work on my car, because I'm always working on other peoples shit for dirt cheap or free because I'm just a nice guy I guess and like to get fucked by people lol...but the weather was just right this weekend so I knocked out the air ride one more time.

Sitting...waiting....patiently

292.jpg

Started out with more notching on the front UCA's

293.jpg

294.jpg

Couldn't find my damn red paint lol...

295.jpg

Got it all put back together and lowered it on some steelies so I could get under the car and check my clearances.

296.jpg

The driver rear had some pretty tight clearance issues without any air, so I jacked it back up and notched some.

297.jpg

298.jpg

299.jpg

Again put it back together, put some air in the bags, and had clearance issues on the rear passenger side. So back down it went for more notching.

300.jpg

301.jpg

302.jpg

303.jpg

Then back down to put some more air in the struts, and everything is looking a lot better clearance wise. I still got a couple more tiny spots I need to notch in the rear. But overall I'm please with it. After playing with the air ride for 20 minters haha I got some videos and pictures :O and I am very fucking pleased!!

304.jpg

305.jpg

And here is a two videos, let me know if they work for y'all, if not I'll try and put them on youtube or something.

http://vid874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/jarodnesss/F7AAE5AB-2546-48C3-B01D-8E8BA5508795_zpsfz1ohytu.mp4

http://vid874.photobucket.com/albums/ab307/jarodnesss/E68F0CC1-690B-4ADB-A02B-76510F73209C_zpsfatqocga.mp4

Next will be getting the trunk set up right, lines ran, interior put back in, motor put in, and I'm going to make my own engine harness :) then PAINT!!! soo close!
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    THose wheels are badass! Awesome work all around man, very impressive.
  • JHMEE4 wrote: »
    THose wheels are badass! Awesome work all around man, very impressive.

Thanks homie!!!!!
  • Soo finally got all my parts to get the motor ready to put in. So I started taking all the parts I need off the old A6.

245.jpg

Also started to clean the transmission, then I'm going to paint it like the engine.

246.jpg

247.jpg

248.jpg

249.jpg

250.jpg

Then I started putting the long block together, and damn I'm soo happy to see this thing getting close and closer to running....

251.jpg

252.jpg

MORE TO COME!!
  • More progress today! I got the transmission painted....282.jpg283.jpg284.jpgAlso got the D16Z6 put into time :o285.jpg286.jpg287.jpgHopefully this engine will be in the bay next update! Or very fucking close!
  • Got a little closer today! I clean up the timing belt cover, would like to get a new one but don't wanna spend the money lol...And put some bs paint on the Z6 pulley to make it look a little better. Stupid me forgot to put the engine mount base on before I put it together as you can see i the picture lol...man this thing looks sooo awesome! I've been wanting to put a new built motor in a car soooo bad! I really like the gates timing belt!

328.jpg

Next I got the competition 6 puck stage 4 clutch in and the light weight flywheel :)

329.jpg

Then the moment of truth! The D16Z6 meets the RT4WD trans!!!

330.jpg

331.jpg

RIP A6 you did your duty well!

332.jpg

And before I left for the day I painted the clutch lever

333.jpg

Hopefully I can go back out there tomorrow and get it set in the bay, but I also got two projects due next week and finals coming up....soo I guess we will see :(
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    looking good man!
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    looking good man!

:) thanks!
    So the engine went in last night!!

158.jpg

159.jpg

160.jpg

More to come!! Got a month before summer school starts!
    Today I just cleaned/painted a lot of parts. And I also got closer to getting the dash put back in.

163.jpg

Intake painted

164.jpg

Thermostat housing, PS reservoir, brake master, and throttle body...that I ended up dropping and breaking the TPS...

165.jpg

Alternator on, decided to just polish up the mount for it.

166.jpg

Also stripped the black plastic cover off all the wiring. I plan to recover the wiring with TexFlex stuff, and later on rewire the engine harness and get rid of the plugs.

167.jpg

168.jpg

169.jpg

And freshened up the radiator, brake booster, and header.

170.jpg

171.jpg

171.jpg
    So I had to convert to an obd1 distributor plug for the engine.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Then I got a leak in my gas tank that I patched up.

9.jpg

Got the driveshaft in junk back on.

10.jpg

Exhaust was next

11.jpg

Then it was time to start, after a no start problem I finally got it to work! *Click on the picture*

1.mp4
  • So I am sorry for the long wait on the update, but I had to take 15 hours over this summer to catch up and hopefully graduate on time next year. But anyways the last part of the summer I had just enough time to finally get this damn thing painted!

So after I finally got it road worthy I took it down the road to my painters shop to get it ready for paint...which was a lot of shit.

First we started off by welding up the roof rack holes I had previously drilled when I first got the car.
    280.jpg

281.jpg

282.jpg

283.jpg

284.jpg

Also welded up the antenna hole.

285.jpg

Priming the top

286.jpg

287.jpg

Next I got started straightening up the fenders and getting them ready for prime.

288.jpg

289.jpg

290.jpg

We had the prime the roof again after blocking and adding some more filler in spots.

291.jpg

292.jpg

Got all the old doors off.

293.jpg

294.jpg

Windshield and back hatch glass is out

295.jpg

Straightening up the hatch. I swear it's like someone went around this car and beat up every fucking panel..

296.jpg

Next we straightened up both sides and got them ready for prime.

297.jpg

298.jpg

299.jpg

300.jpg

301.jpg

302.jpg

303.jpg

304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

Next was to block both sides sand the jams with finer paper.

307.jpg

308.jpg

309.jpg

We are going to paint the bumpers on another weekend...but I have ran into this problem with my EF9 bumper :/ and I'm going to have to do some hacking to fix it.

310.jpg

311.jpg

And ladies and gentleman! The outside is finally all one color and it'll be going to the booth tomorrow morning! :) I'm sorry to inform you tho, but the rest of the picture of the outside will more then likely be teasers until I get the car completely finished :)

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    This makes me happy!
  • This makes me happy!
    :) thanks mate!
  • Got my ass up early this morning the get the wagon towed to the booth and started the final prep.

332.jpg

Last minuted my painter decided we were going to paint it with the doors on

333.jpg

In the booth :)

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

Last look before paint.

337.jpg

1st coat

338.jpg

339.jpg

I lost count in coats hah

340.jpg

341.jpg

Final product ladies and gents

342.jpg

343.jpg

344.jpg

Now I gotta tow it back to my shop tomorrow and start getting this bitch back together....but school does start Monday >.< No break lol
  • FinnyFinny Band Wagon
    looks so good man!
  • That color is banging!!
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Gorgeous color. Keep it up.
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    Looks great!!
    Very jealous!!
  • Finny wrote: »
    looks so good man!
    That color is banging!!
    Chaife wrote: »
    Gorgeous color. Keep it up.
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    Looks great!!
    Very jealous!!

thanks for all the love! I haven't done much to the wagon, this semester of school has really killed me. Hope to get another start on in two weeks :)

Goals:

Get this bitch close to finish if not finished!
    Well....goals with this died off as I started my senior year of college and dove into my 2 semester long senior design project ontop of studies and all that jaz..than summer classes happened and my final semester of college (fall 2016) happened..

Well I am now graduated, got a job, and I finally got my own place with a garage!

I am finally competely moved in with all my tools and the wagon...I just ordered some parts/tools that I had lost in traslation with all this down time, and I hope to get a started on this thing as soon as the parts/tools get here!

LETS GO!!!
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Since I am lazy and don't want to browse 8 pages, plans?

If I end up back in Ohio, wanna meet in Hocking Hills or Tail of the Dragon and cruise some?
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    Since I am lazy and don't want to browse 8 pages, plans?

If I end up back in Ohio, wanna meet in Hocking Hills or Tail of the Dragon and cruise some?

Plans:
    -Finish all wiring which consist of engine bay harness, air ride harness, and battery relocation harness.

-Take the motor back out and repair an oil pan stud that I broke lol..

-Put motor back in and pray it starts up

-Start reassembling the car and pray I haven't lost to many parts..

-Get bumpers painted and mounted

-WHEEELLZZ

-Maybe start planning for K-AWD?....or turbo the Z6. Or both..

Totally game on dragon ride, I might bring my Miata tho :O
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Bring the Miata, i'll bring my hatch then lol. H2B and no interior but 2 seats and a steering wheel.
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    Bring the Miata, i'll bring my hatch then lol. H2B and no interior but 2 seats and a steering wheel.

Hell yeah man