The Monster's RT4WD Civic

Comments

• monster dmonster d Wagonist
    Looking good, likin those wheels. Piece of advice find somewhere else to park, dead cherry blossom flowers are very bad on paint jobs..

Thanks bro!
    quarters wrote: »
    Can we get some more pics of your exhaust system, specifically the rear section. also, what are your thoughts on the sound it makes now? i have only a magnaflow resonator and it's way to loud.

When I get it up on the air, I will try and snag a picture. Eh it is louder then I thought it would be, but it is pretty deep, and it is not raspy...I think under resonator would be good...but I don't think I have enough room.
    Picked this up for power options conversion, then I'm just going to resale it.

223.jpg
    I started deasseming the sedan today.

246.jpg

The reason the guy was selling it cheap was because it has electrical issues, and the lights wouldn't turn off. I didn't think it'd be anything major, but I'll just let you see the pictures of the wiring this guy did..well tried to do.

247.jpg

248.jpg

249.jpg

250.jpg

251.jpg

Too add on the shit wiring, the car was gross as hell, but I guess that's what you get for a 22 year old $500 car.

Start the process of taking the power windows, locks, and cruise control out. Hope to get more done tomorrow.
    Got a pretty good chunk of stuff done today. We got the dashboard out.

355.jpg

Then we pull the left and right head light harness through the firewall.

356.jpg

357.jpg

358.jpg

359.jpg

360.jpg

Trying to keep all my nuts and bolts in sandwich bags.

361.jpg

Also I'm so glad this shop has a furnace, helped keep some warm and moving.

362.jpg

Now I am at a roadblock on fixing the light harness. I sourced out a good uncut harness local that I can go pull, which is the same dude I got the manual window regulators from. The local junk yard said they had one 1991 Civic, but when I got to the row it said it was in...well turned out it was a 91 crx that had been stripped like an old whore. Needless to say, I wasn't to happy about that waste of a drive and $2, but I did start on the extracting of the power windows and locks.

363.jpg
    Well today I got all the power window regulators out and locks. Next is to get the harness out for them, and also to get the power mirrors and cruise control. Hopefully I'll have everything out for my car by Friday. Going to be putting a d15b non vtec in the sedan for a buddy who is buying it...some hit him and totaled his car. So will be swapping the engine from it into the sedan. So more fun, but at least I get my money back and a little more then I expected.

441.jpg

442.jpg

443.jpg

444.jpg

Saw this on a new Maxima at work, and I defiantly want one.

445.jpg

Parked by the Porsche Cayman S today at work, and let me tell you this thing is nice.

446.jpg
    This weekend we took the engine out and I finally got all the power option wiring out.

And this is how we break pain the ass axle nuts.

596.jpg

Using the old engine hoist in the shop

597.jpg

And the pos d15b2 is out.

598.jpg

Our wolf came to chill with us today :)

599.jpg

And all the power options out!!

600.jpg

Well as I was pulling the harness out I saw this previous owner had cut random wires that I had no clue where they where going. So I just sniped the harness and pulled what I need out. Guess I will need to find a good dash harness/headlamp harness so I can get it running for my friend.

601.jpg

602.jpg

Now it's time to make sure I have every ready to get the power option wiring in the swagon.
  • That is some scary looking wiring man. Good job on your end though.
    That is some scary looking wiring man. Good job on your end though.

Yeah its a fucking head ache man..Thanks man
    Well let me tell you how my day went from pretty good...to fucking shit.

Got off work and headed to our shop to drop the wagon on to pick up another ef sedan to try and get one running for my friend.

794.jpg

Get the shell, I leave to take my friend home. On the interstate a fucking deer decides to walk onto the interstate and walk off, and clipping my passenger side of my bumper..

795.jpg

The pictures isn't that good, but it creased my fender and hood, turn my corner light, head light, bumper light, and my bumper up...

I used some parts from my sedans to get my blinkers working, and also used a passenger side headlight from one so I could at least drive it until I figure what I am going to do, and if my fender and hood is fixable. I am seriously thinking about getting full coverage if I'm going to own a car like this, and be putting money into.

Good news, I guess, I found a wagon guy locally that will sell me the parts I need so guess I'm happy and still flustered all at the same time..
  • SWAGOVAN_AKSWAGOVAN_AK Band Wagon
    thats so unfortunate... Im extra cautious when im driving the wago... cant let it get hit or its a big mess on your hand... its cool you found some spare parts, up here in Alaska there aren't many wagons
    thats so unfortunate... Im extra cautious when im driving the wago... cant let it get hit or its a big mess on your hand... its cool you found some spare parts, up here in Alaska there aren't many wagons

Yeah I drive carefully, but the deer like came on the interstate and then decide to turn around and I guess I hit its hip. I literally didn't see anything I saw it for a split second. It was fucking crazy.
    Well I have been so busy with working on other peoples cars and work I just haven't had time to really pay attention to my wagon. But at least I got paid to work on everyone's car lol. Finally finished one of those sedans I bought, ended up doing a auto-manu and dpfi-mpfi. Was pretty crazy, but I came out strong and finished it. It'll be out of the shop tomorrow, and the other shell should be gone next weekend. Those two are leaving and one comes in to kick start the wagon build.

413.jpg

414.jpg

415.jpg

And almost finished product

416.jpg

Also I finally got my front end looking better..from my deer hunting accident

417.jpg

418.jpg

and then I went out and bought this as a parts car.

419.jpg

420.jpg

Came with a lot of damn good parts, and I got it for so damn cheap..pretty excited. More information as I tear into both of them. I still have to put the power windows/locks/mirrors in also..gotta get shit done before school starts back up, and I'd like to make it to IA in KY.
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    I'm not even all that mad about the price and all. I just wanted it gone. You really lucked out and came up big time. Hope you enjoy it.
    ThaClutcH wrote: »
    I'm not even all that mad about the price and all. I just wanted it gone. You really lucked out and came up big time. Hope you enjoy it.

:encouragement:
    Sorry for the crap cell phone pictures...but I got the D2 coilovers and LCA on my wagon today.

480.jpg

481.jpg

The parts wagon I bought came with loads of goodies that I will be putting on in the next week or so:
    Sir front bumper
    EF5 singe bulb heads with clear corners
    Fenders with Beagle side makers
    Hood
    Rear fog lights
    Rear spear pods
    Skunk2 front Adj. Camber Kit
    Buddy Club rear Adj. Camber Kit
    JDM Window Visors
    EDM Rear out Tails
    EDM license plate garnish
    *Maybe* eGay rear under carriage diffuser
    USDM lower center console
    Battery relocation kit to trunk
    C-pillar bar
    Python Alarm system.

It also came with ARP extended studs and work extended lug nuts, I'm going to have to swap out the front and rear brake assembly to put those on mine. The car also came with a couple more miscellaneous stuff like RHD door panels, spare tail gate, fenders, and a door, centers console, more rear fogs, cb7 arm rest, and a couple other stuff. I'm going to try and dye the arm rest, and recover the top to match my interior. I'll also going to try and do a decent rattle can paint job on the front end, and try to make it to IA in KY. After all this I'm going to fix a little issues with the parts wagon, and sell it to get some wheels :) We are back in business!

ALSO! Gotta get the damn power windows, locks, mirrors in.
    Went to my buddies how to borrow a heat gun so I can try my best to fix the dent in the sir bumper. Figured I'd snag a better picture of the wagon.

528.jpg
    Finally got time to work on swapping more parts. Last night I got the center consoles and rear spear pods swapped.

3.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
  • M!KE K!NGM!KE K!NG Band Wagon
    I think that's my favorite combo of cup holder and console option. Looks like it all fits well. Can't wait to see more progress on this thread. Subscribing now.
    M!KE K!NG wrote: »
    I think that's my favorite combo of cup holder and console option. Looks like it all fits well. Can't wait to see more progress on this thread. Subscribing now.

I love it! And thanks man.

I got the rear trailing arms out, working on the fronts, but i need a tie rod puller..

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg
  • mtnkid85mtnkid85 Band Wagon
    Looking good! Ill be watching for your power options install, as well as the cruise. Excited to see how those turn out.
  • 91ee491ee4 New Wagonist
    monster d wrote: »
    Finally got time to work on swapping more parts. Last night I got the center consoles and rear spear pods swapped.

3.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
    Where did you get the coin tray/cup holder insert?! I really want one of those!
    Pretty sure they are from a Ford Taurus
    So I saw this on Instagram, and wanted to post it on here.

69.jpg

I forgot to mention that I got this after I did all that stuff to my buddies car. OBD0-OBD1 jumper ecu harness. This will go along with the virgin p28 I got with the parts wagon, and the z6 head I got from helping my other friend with his swap. Ah stuff is coming along great, because I am making all my money back on the wagon..which me all the parts I got where free :O

70.jpg

Also forgot to mention the parts wagon came with buddyclub rear camber kit, and skunk2 front camber kit. I did get the front knuckles out also. Hopefully I'll get it put on soon.

71.jpg

72.jpg
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    Lookin good man keep it up!
  • Love looking at this thread, glad someone on here picked up that grey wagon. So many good parts on it, keep doin' the damn thing.
    Lookin good man keep it up!
    Love looking at this thread, glad someone on here picked up that grey wagon. So many good parts on it, keep doin' the damn thing.

Thanks guys, I'm trying to do the best I can!
    Well no extended studs for me untill I buy some new ones. I forgot that the trailing arms off the parts wagon were for a FWD wagon..and it'd be doing the most to take them out. But I did get the rear and front camber kits put on.

233.jpg

Also started prepping the front end for the wagon, but I started on my friends bumper to practice. Because it is a pos to begin with.

234.jpg

235.jpg

236.jpg

That is the car I did a swap for and got the z6 head.
  • Well haven't had much time to do anything with work, school starting back up, working on other cars, etc...

Did the Head Gasket on my buddies car, and it's finally finished

95.jpg

96.jpg

Crushed my other parts car, and now I am down to 3 cars including mine.

97.jpg

98.jpg

And then another project comes my way..My aunts one owner 400k+ Accord got in a front end accident, and I am going to try and save it.

99.jpg

Finally starting the prep on my Beagle fenders and SIR Front bumper. Hopefully I'll have the front end on by this weekend, and sell the car. Also I found a CRV 5 speed RT4WD on the cheap that I am going to try and pick up.

100.jpg

101.jpg
  • Well yesterday I got the whole front end put on.

231.jpg

232.jpg

Wired up the side markers

233.jpg

hah my step dad was building a bmx bike for a little kid we know, and he took for a test drive...keep in mind he like 6'5"

234.jpg

Forgot electrical tape, so my girlfriend brought me some and helped me wire up the plastic single bulb headlights.

235.jpg

236.jpg

PB Blaster is da shit..

237.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

And here she is, I still got to do more work on the bumper, and I'm going to sand down my stock hood because I wanna keep it for the minty feeling because it still has all the under hood stickers and what not :)

240.jpg

I also ran my apm under the passenger seat

241.jpg

And finally got a single 10" box, selling the other 10, and the box.

242.jpg

243.jpg

And the final night picture....pure XXX so happy

244.jpg
  • Nice work bro! Is that the 90-91 civic wagon front bumper support on the EF9 bumper? I'm Planning on doing that same mod, can you please fill me in on what you did to make it work? Thanks