It's not a Wagovan

1235»

Comments

• bookfiendbookfiend Band Wagon
    bump. or if anyone can link a thread that already answered this ^^
  • bookfiend wrote: »
    bump. or if anyone can link a thread that already answered this ^^

You can find your answer in the first post of this thread.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    You can find your answer in the first post of this thread.

Actually, not so...just to clarify:

Wagovans had vinyl seats, full bench rear seat with no 60/40 split. Door panels were also vinyl with no cloth inserts. In the rearmost side window were small horizontal crossbars, commonly called "jailbars". And yes, there was a Wagovan decal below the right taillight.
    Wagovans were only available in '88 &'89, and were mechanically the same as the other 2wd wagons. The fourth and fifth VIN characters will be EY, not EE as all the non-Wagovans are.
  • bam-bam wrote: »

Wagovans had vinyl seats, full bench rear seat with no 60/40 split. Door panels were also vinyl with no cloth inserts. In the rearmost side window were small horizontal crossbars, commonly called "jailbars". And yes, there was a Wagovan decal below the right taillight.
    Wagovans were only available in '88 &'89, and were mechanically the same as the other 2wd wagons. The fourth and fifth VIN characters will be EY, not EE as all the non-Wagovans are.

Was that really not covered in the 5 pages of this thread? Oops.
    bam-bam wrote: »

thanks. now it just comes down to finding parts. I don't know how you guys do it without vendors. are there any members that source parts?
  • bookfiend wrote: »
    thanks. now it just comes down to finding parts. I don't know how you guys do it without vendors. are there any members that source parts?

Are you just looking for parts in general? Anything specific?
    not right now. I just recently saw a wagon and now I'd like to build one. I'm just now finding out about all this
  • Gotcha...well there are plenty of ways of getting parts straight from Honda (for the parts that are still being manufactured). This is my preference:
    http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/

Otherwise, junkyards and forums like this one are going to be your best bet for the stuff no longer sold by Honda (or if you just want them cheaper). And obviously there's always your local parts store for some of the very common stuff. Ebay can be pretty useful as well...
    thanks. hopefully soon I'll find the right wagon and get started
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    I would just like to say that I am a fan of the Wagovan Name and I call all my Civic wagons: Wagovans

But, techically I don't have a Wagovan..

I have 3 DXs and an RT4WD

But.... I like the Wagovan Name and I'm going to keep Rocking it..

:p
  • Wagovan?

38.jpg
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Looks like one to me...

;)

:p
  • robotechrobotech Band Wagon
    Just to jump in here - head first - you really can not tell from that pic above if it is a wagovan or not -

THE WAGOVAN was a SPECIFIC (sub)-model so you would have to check the sub-model etc....

All Wagovans are Wagons - but not all wagons are wagonvans..... Kinda like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

:P

That is soooo sweet - I want THAT car to come and get me when I get off the plane!

:
  • So ultimately what makes a wagovan a wagovan? a Shuttle a shuttle? Difference between an ef and a DX ? CONFUSED?!?!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    So ultimately what makes a wagovan a wagovan? a Shuttle a shuttle? Difference between an ef and a DX ? CONFUSED?!?!

Reading the thread, or maybe even just the first post would be just way too much effort....
  • Charb wrote: »
    Reading the thread, or maybe even just the first post would be just way too much effort....

Some peoples kids....
  • Charb wrote: »

Yeah, you see, ^^^^ THIS ^^^^ is what scares me about good 'ol Merica thesse days!! God I am old and crotchety, I never thought I'd say that!!! KIDS!!!