Nathan's wagon build

1235»

Comments

• da9broda9bro Wagonist
    ya I'm hoping pick-a-part has a wagon with a drivers side headlight left. and imma see bout getting those springs for you!
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    little update. repaired the front end for the most part (drivers side fender is still a little bent), but she's been back on the road now for a while. the rust spot near my drivers side tail light was bubbling up worse (thought it was just surface rust) so I pulled the tail light off and this is what I found:

433.jpg

it had been a problem before and had been repaired. so I sanded it down and used some JB weld to fill in some of where the rust ate away and primed it. hopeflly ill get to repaint the whole thing this year.

434.jpg
    435.jpg

and picked this up last wednesday

436.jpg
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    well nothing really new has happened till today. picked up a whole d16a6 bottom end for $100. dont care about anything but the block and crank which are both good. now to start planning a build. shooting for 160 whp N/A or 200 whp turbo. both would cost about the same but i just have to decide if i want to collect ALL the parts for a turbo build all over again (my turbo build on my DA was why i ended up selling it).
  • AlaskaB16AlaskaB16 New Wagonist
    Can you explain the last sentence? Was it sold cause it was too slow, not complete, not happy with it over all???
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    got in way over my head and sold it before it was built.

have you ever planned a boost build? lol it starts out with a reasonable goal (ie 200-300 hp) then it slowly increases to 600-800. i was $3k into parts just for the motor, had 1000cc injectors, crower 404 cams, a stage 4 clutch, etc. the works. until i came to my senses and realized i wanted to get 30+ mpg's on regular pump gas for my 300+ mile a week commutes lol

made the decision to sell everything and buy the wagon.
  • Did the roof rack leak? How did you stop it or prevent it from leaking? Any fender photos?