Nathan's wagon build

Comments

• AaronAaron Wagonist
    is that an oem option no one told me about? lol
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    Aaron wrote:
    is that an oem option no one told me about? lol

they did come on some wagons in japan. pretty sure it was an OPTION there and it wasnt very popular I guess. These are technically for a honda vigor but I should have no problem getting em to work
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    edit, i just learned to read....

im a fucking retard....

anyways- sick mirrors
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    thanks man!
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    y17 clips got here today, but I found out one of the threaded parts of the rack was slightly stripped and its like 20 some degrees outside so i'm gonna pull the rack inside, tap it out, and let it sit till I get back on friday. heading up to maryland tomorrow to get a nikon d90 and then staying in my dorm till thursday so I can trade some HIDs left over from my DA for GC coilover sleeves
  • cw00ekcw00ek Band Wagon
    Im curious to see how those mirrors look.... It should be fun having power heated mirrors though, but then again I guess you would have to if there on the fender.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    traded some HIDs for used GC sleeves:

375.jpg

and my fender mirrors came :D

376.jpg
    377.jpg
    378.jpg
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    and a roof rack teaser ;)

393.jpg
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    and used my roof rack yesterday:

745.jpg

need to make a basket hmmmmmm
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    definitely been a LOOOOOOONNNNGGG time since I updated this thread but thats cause nothing had happened lol but since the last time I posted, I have traded the gram lights for a ef si hatch with b18b1 swap and a bunch of nice bolt ons and I have come to desperately need a head gasket in the wagon. i picked up the OEM head studs today and about to text some people about getting the top end rebuild kit.
  • those mirrors are sweet. where did you score them?
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    and just ordered a felpro head gasket set :D
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    Have you installed the fender mirrors?? Would love to see pics if you have.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    nope, havent had time to make the block off plates yet.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    started on the head gasket today

when i first got there to work (wagon parked next to the new hatch)
    410.jpg

starting surgery:
    411.jpg

at lunch:
    412.jpg

head studs out:
    413.jpg

thought they were hard to loosen:
    414.jpg

suckers were rusted and corroded. i texted like 4 different people askng whether it was normal for them to be realllllly in there lol

have three header bolts that connect to the downpipe, the fuel send line, two hoses, and the AC bracket bolt and shes out and off to be resurfaced!
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    head off:
    493.jpg

reeeeaallly ugly valves:
    494.jpg

ugly pistons:
    495.jpg
    496.jpg
    497.jpg
    498.jpg

clean cylinder walls:
    499.jpg

took the head to the shop with the rebuild kit. probably gonna have a valve job done. hear back tomorrow on the condition of the head and I resurface the block.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    found out my ground control sleeves were for stock struts sooo I found 89-91 style stock rear struts, purchased BWR rear lca's and I'm going to order all new rear hardware. Looking to drop it before the end of april. Also planning to pick a drivers side mirror to mutilate and make a block off plate out of. Hopefully a decent suspension build and the fender mirrors will be on before ECHM
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    got fork style rear struts today.

432.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    da9bro wrote:
    found out my ground control sleeves were for stock struts sooo I found 89-91 style stock rear struts, purchased BWR rear lca's and I'm going to order all new rear hardware. Looking to drop it before the end of april. Also planning to pick a drivers side mirror to mutilate and make a block off plate out of. Hopefully a decent suspension build and the fender mirrors will be on before ECHM

oh its gonna be nice for the ECHM sitting next to Scrappy....!
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    cant wait to be posted up next to him! lol gonna look like twins.jpg
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    so on saturday the 28th, with the help of m,y friend Trey, I got the wagon slammed. Stock struts, Ground Control Springs (didnt even put the adjusters on so I could get maximum low), and BLOX rear lca's

109.jpg
    70.jpg
    71.jpg
    69.jpg
    72.jpg
    73.jpg
  • Looking good keep it up!! I want to see those mirrors on there. Im not sure how they look a buddy of mine has some. I really wanted to see how they look on your to figure out if I want to do it.
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    they will heopfully be on before the 30th of June!!!
    da9bro wrote:
    they will heopfully be on before the 30th of June!!!
    man that sounds like a plan to me .... im looking forward to seeing your wagon .. im hoping to get mine back on the road soon :cry:
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    it better be ready by ECHM
    da9bro wrote:
    it better be ready by ECHM
    come on up to Front Royal and sandblast that drivers trailing arm and then you can use the new press to install all the new bearing, bushings, extended studs after the black hammer tone paint dries then you may install the adjustable camber and adjustable toe kits and you will know its ready for ECHM... :lol:
    im not sure if im fixing Odie or Scrappy this weekend honestly .. im torn between the 2 pups...
    112.jpg
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    what are you driving in the mean time?
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    well its been a few weeks since my last post. after slamming the wagon, i started on finals for this past semster. weekend before all my crap was due I got a CEL on a way to a hooka bar to chill after a long day of work. well bad things happen in threes right? well finished up my finals on tuesday, packed and was getting ready to leave school. had to drop off a book on the opposite side of campus and parked in a parking garage. forgot my bike was on top.... had no problems getting in but this happened when I left:

620.jpg
    621.jpg

strike 2!

then this past saturday, I was on my way to NOVA for a meeting for some graphic design work and got lost in suburbia trying to find my way to the highway. drove down this 2 lane wide road (each side) for a couple miles. no stop signs, lights, nothing. decided to turn around. sure enough coming back the opposite way was ONE stop sign, hidden in a bush, two lanes over. saw it at the last second, tried to stop, but skid into someone turning. did NO damage to their 92 camry but was strike 3 for the wago:

622.jpg
  • da9broda9bro Wagonist
    got a new bumper and decided to cut out the grill and shave the license plate bolt holes. gonna cut down the old one and make a lip. still need a new drivers side mirror (unless I JB weld the tab back together) and the metal piece that sits behind the bumper. junkyard tomorrow. also got a drivers side mirror to cut down into a block off plate. progress pics from yesterday and today:

623.jpg
    624.jpg

625.jpg
    626.jpg
    627.jpg
    628.jpg
    :roll:
    ouch...
    man that sucks ... glad you was able to get the parts from the yard ( our junk yards here are pretty amazing )

i need to grab a stock pair of front springs from a first gen odyssey