1990 RT4WD Build Thread

2»

Comments

• stampernstampern Senior Wagonist
    Well, I little update. I finally got some rims other than the stock RT's which I don't really care for. I also lowered the car again, back to where I want it, I just need to make myself a set of tophats cause my rear struts are bottoming out. I'm also looking at getting some 87-89 accord struts from somewhere to replace the crx ones I have. Here's a pic of the car as it sits right now.

81.jpg
  • The BlockThe Block New Wagonist
    THe wheels look good! What are the specs?
    Don't know the specs on them. Just 15's. I just did some more work to the suspension, installed 1" front tophats, 1.5" rear tophats and 87 front accord struts. Made the car ride way better. I also put on new brakes on the front. 11.1" ITR front rotors and calipers with adaptor spacers to space the calipers out. Car stops and rides so much better. Just needing new siped tires for winter driving.
    Just build a new header for my wagon. Damaged the old one more than I cared to drive it on. Had a cheap 4-2-1 header laying around so I modded the lower half to fit the RT. Turned out pretty good. Can't wait to get the Y8 intake manifold and zc cam installed to get the full potential of the header.
    I finished up my header today, ended up welding the upper and lower sections together. When I squeezed the two pipes together I tweaked the flange and I ended up having a nasty exhaust leak. All fixed now. I also installed some Wicked Tuning rear toe adjusters cause my toe wouldn't go in far enough to get the tires straight. And did a manual alignment using some string and Jack stands. Drives much better now.

260.jpg
    Got a few more updates. Spare valve cover is at the paint booth, I'm color matching it to the car. Its been sand blasted and is just waiting for paint.

826.jpg

Then I have a few parts awaiting install here soon.

827.jpg
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    how is the wicked toe kit working out for you? I've read that they were too short for ef's. i'm maxed out as well. be nice to get a little more adjustment.
    I haven't had a problem with them yet. Still waiting to get new tires and a full alignment done though.
    Got a bunch of updates since I haven't been on here in like FOREVER

Got the valve cover painted and the ecu cover
    534.jpg
    535.jpg
    536.jpg

Custom obd1 distributor adaptors
    537.jpg

New rear camber arms
    538.jpg

Got the new exhaust done
    539.jpg

Hit a mile marker
    540.jpg

Helped a buddy move
    2.jpeg

New Y8 Intake manifold bored out to 60mm to match the b18b1 throttle body
    541.jpg
    542.jpg
    543.jpg
    544.jpg
    545.jpg

Snapped my timing belt
    546.jpg
    547.jpg

Ended up having to replace the cylinder 2 valves, put in a new cam seal (oem honda). I'm still waiting on a new fuel rail and cold air intake for the y8 intake manifold. I'm running full obd1 now and have been tweaking the tune for the last month or so getting the high compression running the way I want. They are a lot more difficult than turbo motors.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Glad to see your still around Stampern ... Nice to see you still have the wagon
    Well, it's been forever since I've been on here. I still have my wagon. Still doing lots to it. I T-bone'd a 04 Stratus last week with it and took out my bumper, but totalled the Stratus. No frame damage on the wagon, found a replacement bumper and impact beam locally so I'll be getting that stuff on this next week along with some new paint to freshen the body up and fixing some dings/dents. Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

351.jpg
    352.jpg
    353.jpg
    354.jpg
  • t9wagont9wagon New Wagonist
    Damage on the wagon looks minimal! Glad to see a stratus totaled and not a wagon
    Yeah, I got really lucky. I already have the new bumper and impact beam, so it's about halfway through the paint process. Body work sucks. lol
    Updates on the wagon. Paint is finally finished and car is back up and running.

IMG_20150729_100425.jpg
  • broken image link. Looks like that site generates unique urls per user for some damn reason.

97.jpg

Looks like you have some overspray to clean up. I like the color though. Get a white roof rack and it'll be a smurfmobile.
  • DjuhnkDjuhnk Band Wagon
    With the 12:1 compression what's your gas mileage like? Also are you running e85? If 91 how are you controlling knock?
  • DjuhnkDjuhnk Band Wagon
    With the 12:1 compression what's your gas mileage like? Also are you running e85? If 91 how are you controlling knock?