my garage queen and project: '91 Shuttle

wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
hey hey!!! after being an "active" member on this board for about 1.5 years, and searching for about 5 months i finally got me creme-sicle :)

shes a '91 civic wagon 5-speed with 97,000 miles on it... theres a little rust here and there but i will be taking care of that this summer when i get some more time on my hands. i already order Teins and Spuns for her. plans are to keep it pretty simple, just make it as EDM as possible without chucking all my $$ away.. well here is a list of non-performance parts i came up with so far... (feel free to skip it.. haha)

-Thermal R&D muffler w/ dual 3" tips
-battery relocated to trunk w/ Optima red top
-1st gen teggy front lip, 2nd gen teggy rear lip
-front and rear tower bars..idk what brand yet
-Skunk2 LCAs
-Factory rear mudflaps, cargo cover, front half bra, front fogs
-Yakima roof rack
-Mugen oil cap, radiator cap and whatever else
-EDM junk:
rear lisence plate holder
tails
clear corners
240 km/h gauge cluster
rear fogs
center console
side markers
adjustable headlights
power mirrors
Civic Shuttle GL 1.5i badges :wink:

performance wise i decided to just build my D15b2. the engine runs so smoothly im scared to touch it.. but i plan on the following:
-MPFI swap w/ Skunk2 intake and TB
-AEM fuel rail
-password:JDM CF CAI
-stage 1 cam
-Skunk2 or AEM cam gear
-stage 1 ported and polished head
-DC header
-and whatever else i might be forgetting...
prolly in a year or two i'll be getting a turbo of sorts, or whenever i get more $$.. haa i need a sponsor :( :lol:

well, i'll keep you guys (and gals) updated!! here are some pics of the first day i bought the car, i'll get some better ones of the car cleaned up real nice eventually (without bug splatter all over it).

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

96.jpg

97.jpg

i did this today, the original black paint was peeling off like crazy.

98.jpg

Comments

• backyard_ceobackyard_ceo Band Wagon
    holy crapppppp!!! that engine bay is sooooo clean.. hats off to u man.. looks nice..
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Very clean, i like it.

MPFI swap!

Steer well clear of the HKS style mushroom 'filter' as they filter next to nothing and still don't give good gains.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    yea the engine bay is cleaner then the body almost!!

about the HKS.. its a replica filter i got for $20 :lol: this is all very much temporary stuff until the $$ comes in. i need to find a job :oops:
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    I'd rather stock... if you had seen the results of testing those filters you wouldn't even put it in the cabin let alone on the end of your intake. ;)
    oh. :? thanks for the advice =)
  • TIMELESSWHITETIMELESSWHITE Senior Wagonist
    and so Clean.......
  • KahunaKahuna familEE
    Bout damn time..

Now we can have a southern wagon-off! my secret powered wagon vs. yours.

Very nice! Where are you getting those corners from? I need some!
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    finally!!! that car is clean. lovin' it

and about the air-filter, go with K&N. use the stock airbox and K&N filter. tests show that that will gain higher numbers than any mushroom type CAI.
  • Sexy wagon, but I just realized how abused my car got before I got her. :(
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    Great find. Very Clean!
  • i did this today, the original black paint was peeling off like crazy.

98.jpg

So, you removed the valve cover gasket, painted it and replaced it?

I have to say, your wagon looks super clean, I am envious. :twisted:

My wagon has been "sleeping" since last October last year because of a tranny problem and I now have the $$ and the parts needed to put it back on the road at the end of the month, once I return from China where I currently am.

I recently learnt that when I re-insure my wagon for the road (currently have storage insurance only) I will be eligible for a free immobilizer that also gives me a $40 insurance discount every year from now on!

Welcome to the "owners" side of the Forum, after being a contributor for so long. :wink:
    thanks guys :) yea, i painted the valve cover... here is a before picture:

99.jpg

thats my friends ghetto inake that i stole for the trip home :lol:
  • judebertjudebert familEE
    Wow, that is sweet. What a terrific find!
    Now we can have a southern wagon-off! my secret powered wagon vs. yours.

secret powered eh 8) idk man, my wagon gots 500,000,000 horsepower. wut you got??
    Very nice! Where are you getting those corners from? I need some!

im getting them from this dude i know of who had a wago with EDM parts. i pretty much stripped him clean :lol:
    and about the air-filter, go with K&N. use the stock airbox and K&N filter. tests show that that will gain higher numbers than any mushroom type CAI.
    yea, i decided on this. i am just gonn have the filter exposed with no box, just kinda sitting in its holder.. is that better then having the whole box on it?? (you can see it in the engine pic)

CHEERS!! 8)
  • KomancheKomanche Band Wagon
    yes, it is true. I had it in Toyota Corolla 1.6 Gti (91kW) and now I ordered it to my Wagon. But I will modify tube in front of the stock filterbox for better airflow.
  • jpciiijpciii familEE
    Is that the wagon I found for doitdub a couple months ago? He seemed really happy to finally find a clean wagon; I'm surprised he let it go. At least its new owner is happy to have it :P . Normally if you buy an old car, you look for one from the south and bring it north... not the other way around lol. (I'm one to talk... my hatchback came from the northern tip of Michigan...)

Anyway, congrats on finding a nice wagon. The valve cover looks pimp. I wouldn't worry too much about doing little performance mods to it. Unless you do a motor swap or forced induction, you are still going to be slow. Just keep the thing maintained and enjoy awesome reliability and excellent fuel effiency.
  • duckie8310duckie8310 Senior Wagonist
    yea, i decided on this. i am just gonn have the filter exposed with no box, just kinda sitting in its holder.. is that better then having the whole box on it?? (you can see it in the engine pic)

mine is like that too. it seems to breathe a lot better this way too. thanks to davens for the tip on that
    jpciii wrote:
    I wouldn't worry too much about doing little performance mods to it. Unless you do a motor swap or forced induction, you are still going to be slow. Just keep the thing maintained and enjoy awesome reliability and excellent fuel effiency.

slow?? pshh no. this car seems fast enough for me right now :) at least the take off is good. haha. this engine is so buttery rightn now that an engine swap is in the far future... of course so is the budget :lol: and im loving the fuel mileage, im getting 41 mpg so far in mixed driving, and im not exactly taking it easy either. not that im dogging the engine, i take of my things. :P

(i just really like the sound a performance filter makes .. hehe teenagers :roll: )
  • sic944tsic944t Wagonist
    well i just bought a 1981 honda hawk cb400 bike ...... very fun
    as i said man do the cap and rotor and plugs and wires and just leave her alone ive never seen a dual point run that good ! maybe put a header on there megan makes a very nice one im glad your happy i was very sad to sell it but ill just keep bargain shopping and beside ill get better mileage and have more fun all summer with the bike i got ill throw up some pics when i get a chance and i actually think i have that integra i was driving that day sold too hahah
    oh yea i really think you sould stick with the stock air box you can make a sweet ram air cold air duct for them and a K&N filter will do it good maybe relocate the battery to the trunk or somethin i just did that on my crx and it makes a ton of difference in simplicity and beauty

and i spent a few hours cleaning that damn engine so dont take all the credit on the clean bay !!!!

make it look like this then get back to me hahah jk rock on buddy
    117.jpg
  • TIMELESSWHITETIMELESSWHITE Senior Wagonist
    Not bad, pretty dope.
    sic944t wrote:

and i spent a few hours cleaning that damn engine so dont take all the credit on the clean bay !!!!

:lol:
    you sold the teggy too?? haaa....

im gonna relocate the battery soon. its on my list of things to do. oh, and give me a few years and i'll be looking pretty with a B16 8)

and yes, i have decided to keep the stock box. and everything else, like i said, car feels pretty darn quick for something with 92 HP :lol:

-now if you'll excuse me, im gonna go and stare at my car in the garage a little bit. :roll: :wink:
    its no joke that damn dual point runs like a raped ape
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    Nice car Skater and cool license plate holder!! HA I was kind of confused there for a second. I was thinking COOL another German car DUH!!!!

Nice find my wife refuses to drive anything except her wagon. She won't even drive the new Benz I bought.
    sic944t wrote:
    its no joke that damn dual point runs like a raped ape
    HAHAHAHAHAHAA
    i got more EDM goodies on lay-a-way for me :) coming soon:
    -rear tails
    -plate holder
    -clear corners
    -rear fogs
    -240 km/h speedo

AND NOW:

-power mirrors 8)
  • She's purrrrrrrty.

This car definitely went to the right guy. Good to see her being taken care of.

Oh, and love the valve cover.

Tell her I said hi...
    she is definitly being taken care of.. i wash it like twice a week wax once a week and vacuum once a week... i love this thing so much. [so do the ladies ;)]

havent seen her since June though... i've been in Europe since and so she has been sitting in the garage. but im coming home with goodies, so yeah =)=)=)

i'll get some new pics with rims and suspension etc. when i get back in 10 days... alright mates, -peace
  • Nice...can't wait to see the Eurolove.
    well, here is a sneak peek of something i got.. get a load of these bad boys i picked up while in Budapest.. the city of my ancestors :P

4z33ql2.jpg

and for kicks, this "learner driver" tablet for my back window...since everyone else gets those JDM "senior driver" and what not stuff from japan.. this is my way of being totally EDM instead... hahahaa :roll:

6ff88pu.jpg