It's not a Wagovan

Comments

• How about we let them call it whatever they want and we just secretly make fun of them when they do it :D
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    You had me up to "secretly".
  • Well we don't want to hurt any feelings, you know how sensitive people are these days :roll: :lol:
  • tabmowtabmow Band Wagon
    I hate ppl that get way to technical about what there car is called. Like those guys that get pissed when you call there 92-95 ex a eg. "ITS A EJ1 MAN" w/e.
  • tabmow wrote:
    I hate ppl that get way to technical about what there car is called. Like those guys that get pissed when you call there 92-95 ex a eg. "ITS A EJ1 MAN" w/e.

true. but people call the wagons EF to. lol. why does honda makes everything so complicated? lol.
  • I seem to be one of the lucky few to own the actual Wagovan, in all of it's pleather coated and uncomfortable glory.

The rear seats seem to have less leg room compared to the standard Civic Wagons thanks to the bench sticking out farther, and lack a headrests back there as well which is a bit annoying. The interior door panels also don't feature any cloth on the area surrounding the door handles which kinda sucks making the whole interior a very bland, slick and slidey vinyl coated experience as a whole.

Otherwise they're 90% identical to the standard Civic Wagon, or the RT4WD from what I've seen.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The 90-91 'Wagon' seems to have extra bracing in the front footwells and I think the Wagovan was 88-89 off the top of my head? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, many electrical differences due to the DPFI vs. MPFI thing (Wagovan vs. RT4WD).
  • tabmowtabmow Band Wagon
    Haydz wrote:
    The 90-91 'Wagon' seems to have extra bracing in the front footwells and I think the Wagovan was 88-89 off the top of my head? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, many electrical differences due to the DPFI vs. MPFI thing (Wagovan vs. RT4WD).

off topic. please check your pms.
  • tabmow wrote:

true. but people call the wagons EF to. lol. why does honda makes everything so complicated? lol.

JDM wagons ARE EF's ;) Mine is an EF3
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    "Civic Wagon" = EE
    "Civic Wagovan" = EY
    "Civic Shuttle" = EF
    "Civic Pro" = EY
  • My EDM Civic Shuttle is stamped EE
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Doh, and yeah... Civic Shuttle can also be EE.
  • I usually call mine a wagon but say when you search civic wagon on craigslist.. I pull up so much other crap, yet when I search wagovan I pull up more actual wagons lol. So I am not picky when it comes to what other ppl call it as long as you dont call it a station wagon or a van im cool.. I have issues with those words..
  • I don't care what you wanna call it, but misinformation can cause problems, as others have said already. I read a few posts where people said "wagovan is a trim level." This got me thinking... A Wagovan is not a DX, and is not an RT4WD.

If someone called your JDM CRX SiR a "sweet HF" they would be terribly wrong.

Of course, the difference in a Wagovan and a DX isn't so vast, but you get what I'm saying.
  • NZ-DB8R wrote:
    tabmow wrote:

JDM wagons ARE EF's ;) Mine is an EF3

oh.... agh!!!! its getting more complicated!!! EF5 s are sedans right? why do they have to go to all this?? whaaay??
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    NO.
    Haydz wrote:
    Here is a quick rundown of what i know about JDM EF chassis codes...

EF1: Base model Civic (Hatch, Shuttle & Sedan). Comes with a 1.3L carbie'd D13B. Always FWD.
    EF2: Most common model of Civic (Hatch, Shuttle and Sedan). Usually came with a 1.5L dual carbie'd D15B4. Always FWD.
    EF3: Middle of the road (Hatch, Shuttle & Sedan). Came with either SOHC ZC or DOHC ZC. Always FWD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
    EF4: Most common models with RT4WD (Shuttle & Sedan). Came with D15B4 dual carbie'd 1.5L. Always RT4WD.
    EF5: Flagship RT4WD model (Shuttle & Sedan). Came with SOHC ZC. Always RT4WD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
    EF6: Base model CRX. Came with D15B4 1.5L dual carbie. Always FWD.
    EF7: Most common model of CRX. Came with DOHC ZC. Always FWD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
    EF8: Flagship model CRX. Came with B16A. Always FWD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
    EF9: Flagship model Civic. Came with B16A. Always FWD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
  • Haydz wrote:
    NO.
    Haydz wrote:
    Here is a quick rundown of what i know about JDM EF chassis codes...

EF1: Base model Civic (Hatch, Shuttle & Sedan). Comes with a 1.3L carbie'd D13B. Always FWD.
    EF2: Most common model of Civic (Hatch, Shuttle and Sedan). Usually came with a 1.5L dual carbie'd D15B4. Always FWD.
    EF3: Middle of the road (Hatch, Shuttle & Sedan). Came with either SOHC ZC or DOHC ZC. Always FWD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
    EF4: Most common models with RT4WD (Shuttle & Sedan). Came with D15B4 dual carbie'd 1.5L. Always RT4WD.
    EF5: Flagship RT4WD model (Shuttle & Sedan). Came with SOHC ZC. Always RT4WD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
    EF6: Base model CRX. Came with D15B4 1.5L dual carbie. Always FWD.
    EF7: Most common model of CRX. Came with DOHC ZC. Always FWD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
    EF8: Flagship model CRX. Came with B16A. Always FWD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D
    EF9: Flagship model Civic. Came with B16A. Always FWD. Optional A.L.B and L.S.D

yah, says there EF5 are shuttle and sedan. i think i saw someone with a EF5 sedan in here somewhere. i might just print this and memorize it. lol
  • mpazmpaz Band Wagon
    dude it dont matter we all are here bc we love the car simple as that, i call mine the shagwagon, swagovan, shagginwaggin, lol a names is a name, who cares :)
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    ragenasian wrote:
    How about we let them call it whatever they want and we just secretly make fun of them when they do it :D
    bam-bam wrote:
    You had me up to "secretly".
    ragenasian wrote:
    Well we don't want to hurt any feelings, you know how sensitive people are these days :roll: :lol:
    Haydz wrote:
    So do we have a consensus that it's OK for nublets outside the site to call it a Wagovan but if you're seeking technical help with your RT4WD and you call it a Wagovan you're going to get wrong information? :)
  • WE love honda civic wagons. YEY!
  • fallcrashfallcrash Band Wagon
    I have a dx wagon with a 5speed and a d15b2 and neither are the original motor or trans... so can I cal my dx a wagovan.... who cares... I'm going to
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Of course, its a DX Chassis so its a DX
  • fallcrashfallcrash Band Wagon
    saweet shit
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    After awhile I noticed that I don't even call my wagon a "wagovan" or a "civic wagon". My wagon is "Jefee" that is the name I gave it when I bought it and that is what I will continue to call it. When it comes to buying parts though, I have the say "civic wagon". I understand the entire misinformation thing.
  • hayleynoellehayleynoelle Band Wagon
    I call mine a wagovan because its a true wagovan. Gotta love the uncomfortably
  • Ok, so I ran into a guy at the parts store here in Winston salem, and he asked if that was my wagovan out front. Without realizing it, I corrected him, since it's an RT. Turns out, He's a big fan of the RT, and he's wanted one ever since last summer when he saw one at Import alliance with a trailer made out of half of a civic. I was like "Dude that was my car!"

Small world.
  • flyinglinesflyinglines New Wagonist
    i think they should all be called a wagovan just because it makes sense and sounds cool
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    ...i'll just memorize my VIN. if anyone asks, or i'm relating to it, i'll just use that. problem solved.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    FakeJDMEF8 wrote:
    ...i'll just memorize my VIN. if anyone asks, or i'm relating to it, i'll just use that. problem solved.
    :lol: Honestly ive needed my vin so much i almost have it memorized ....

but that also should solve the Moronic Wagovan crap....
    just ask the first 6 of the vin .... & the TRUTH shall set U free in deed....

:mrgreen:
  • rouge180rouge180 Band Wagon
    I'm going to call mine Darla. WagoDarla Special Edition. Only available where robot unicorns live. Yup..