My $350 wagon project (NEW PICS 12/26/11)

Comments

• Getting off work early today going to pull the motor tonight
  • I finished taking out the motor last night the GSR wagon should be running by today
  • Finally had a chance to finish up the swap.
    269.jpg
  • Overall the power is really good. I'll update if I have any issues.
  • stalanthonstalanthon Band Wagon
    nice, looks good in there
  • stalanthon wrote: »
    nice, looks good in there

Thanks man. I'm enjoying The reliability and extra HP!:)
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Congrats! Lmk what ur miles/gallon range is once you've had a chance to run through a few tanks.
  • Will do I'm hoping the chip Ecu won't hurt the gas economy to much If it does oh well lol.
  • Finished with work early today I decided to stop by the local fabric store To look for fabric spray paint. I'm glad I did the floor mats turned out ok.

325.jpg

Before
    326.jpg

After
    327.jpg
  • I also picked up some spray paint that seems to match my brown interior. I have a center console which was originally red I Plan on color matching.
    If you have the oem brown plastic interior you are trying to match, I ended up having a satin paint mixed to match. Just take this image to your nearest home depot and they can make u a batch.
    http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w396/prennro/C360_2012-09-17-19-56-48.jpg
  • Thanks I remember you mentioning Home Depot and then mix-and-match paints. Since I was already at the store I figured I would try to save a trip. I know it's not the closest but it's not too bad. Thanks again for the info.

343.jpg
  • Picture of the motor and a new ITR Valve cover
    349.jpg
  • Prennro wrote: »
    Congrats! Lmk what ur miles/gallon range is once you've had a chance to run through a few tanks.

Went to through my first tank of gas and it was about 270 miles for the complete tank. Hopefully the next full tank of gas makes gets a bit more mileage out of it.
  • Why not just paint the rest of the centre console to match the new paint. The variation is probably due alot to the fact its faded. Would look better IMO.
    Contrats on your first tank of gas, cant wait for mine! 270 seems pretty good to me
  • AWD-WAGON wrote: »
    Why not just paint the rest of the centre console to match the new paint. The variation is probably due alot to the fact its faded. Would look better IMO.
    Contrats on your first tank of gas, cant wait for mine! 270 seems pretty good to me

I thought about Painting the whole center console but IMO The larger item would make It a lot more obvious. That's one of the downfalls of having a wagon most of the interior is faded or broken. I was really happy with 270 but I think I might get a couple extra miles on the next tank. I kind of tested it pretty hard on the freeway couple of times.
  • I was bored this weekend so I decided to check out some of the how-to's and I decided to attempt that power window, lock power and power mirror upgrade. Hopefully this week I'll have some time to go to the junkyard and find a donor four door.
    wagoguy909 wrote: »
    I was bored this weekend so I decided to check out some of the how-to's and I decided to attempt that power window, lock power and power mirror upgrade. Hopefully this week I'll have some time to go to the junkyard and find a donor four door.

One of my next upgrades that I have slowly been researching and want to do. Curious to see if your method and parts list is better and easier than an eBay kit. In for MORE!
    One of my next upgrades that I have slowly been researching and want to do. Curious to see if your method and parts list is better and easier than an eBay kit. In for MORE!

my goal is to keep it very simple and OEM. I should have pictures and a very detailed part list in a few weeks.
  • So it Begins! I was cruising through craigslist today and found 91 Civic four-door power mirrors for 20 bucks! Power mirrors here I come haha
  • Found out September 2 is so cal's ecologys 50% off day. I will be picking up my power window and locks conversion there woohoo!!!!
  • I purchased the New Omni Power EF RPM guage!! Look and performs great!!

40.jpg
  • Also has built in shift light with adjustable setting

41.jpg
  • Little turbo for six awesome
  • It's Friday I think I'll have some time to work on my power lock and window set up.
    Oooooooh goody! Take good notes and pics if u can, as i would love to scrounge up parts and do this to my wagon in the near future. Hope things go in smoothly for ya! Good Luck!
    Oooooooh goody! Take good notes and pics if u can, as i would love to scrounge up parts and do this to my wagon in the near future. Hope things go in smoothly for ya! Good Luck!

I'll take pictures and notes. It looks like it's going to be a lot of work. I'll keep you posted.
  • Sorry for the lack of updates haven't had an opportunity to start on the power window project.
  • Diggin' that gauge cluster!