Jaker's ride

Here it is. Sorry Scallywag, no Cypress for me. Washed for the 1st time in a year. Still some painting to do, but that'll happen once the car is running right and I've got the handling figured out and sorted. Weight ended up pretty much exactly where I wanted it: under the class minimum!

Still a ways to go, but it's well on it's way

168.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

Comments

• evarettevarett Wagonist
    Cccccleeeeeeaaaannnnnnn!
  • oxbeardoxbeard Wagonist
    that shit is BOSS AS FUCK! lol
  • bigluelokbigluelok Wagonist
    i like the 2 tone thing. i know its not finished being painted but i like it.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    Man i love this car ive been lucky enough to see it a few times but not quite this finished. what color u plan on going with or is she gunna be finished in satin black? cant wait to see how she holds herself on the track the RWD should be amazing.
  • JakerJaker familEE
    Satin black all the way man!

I've got a little tuning bug right now. It won't take any throttle beyond 0 vacuum. As soon as it tips into the boost side of things, it bucks and spits. I think I have it figured out, but we'll have to wait till tomorrow. It's still pretty loud and I can't fire it up right now.
  • WAYgoneWAYgone Wagonist
    rad! good to see it on all 4 tires
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    looks tuff as hell man...

cf hood is ummmm fucking awesome for lack of better terms...
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    NICE... finally we get to see some more pics... looking nice... like to see pics of the engine...
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    Simply beautiful :cry:

One day, one day, I will be able to put that supercharged emblem on the side of my wide body wagon.

Nice work Jaker
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    Looks great Jaker! Satin paint look killer man! :shock:
  • superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    Car is looking nice! I dig the wheels, but I feel like they are a tad to big for the car.

Couple questions to get me up to speed

1. What motor are you using?
    2. Whats your HP goal?
  • JakerJaker familEE
    Fully built D16A6 block with D16Z6 head, Endyn M62 supercharger. Somewhere around 18 psi.

Shooting for 300 whp and 250 ft/lbs or more.

I need those "big" wheels. And those are just the all seasons. The race tires are slightly bigger, and the summer ones are in between. Plus, I feel with the slab sided nature of the car, that the larger diameter is more appropriate. To each his own.
  • Looks killer. I love the cf hood.
  • codyJDMcodyJDM Wagonist
    this car is so functional and awesome. i love it!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Nice! I'm happy to see it on all fours and outside, good job!
  • superhatchsuperhatch Moderator
    What size are the wheels? I think rocking a 15x8 would have been badass :P I really like the wheel itself, just not the size. Either way Im totally glued to the screen when it comes to this build!

Are you buying the M62 and making an Endyn-like project, or an actual Endyn setup?
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    Looks killer dude!! You should post some videos up of this beast!!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    You should let us in on some more info ;)
  • JakerJaker familEE
    No vids yet. I've got a lot of work to do before I have time for videos.

The blower setup is the 1st of 8 Endyn M62 blower kits that Larry put together. I like to think I was the one that convinced him to go ahead and produce the kits. The pictures on his website of the kits are actually pics of my own manifold. He also ported my blower.

There's no way that I could put down 300 whp and 250 ft/lbs of torque effectively with 15" tires/wheels. When I embarked on this project and ordered my custom made wheels, the widest 15" Hoosier autocross tire was the 225/45-15. That prompted me to move to 18" to use the 285/30-18. It was the only tire that was significantly wider than the 225 without being outrageously large in diameter. Then SCCA introduced a 200lb weight break for tires 275 or narrower. That was just after Hoosier introduced the 275/35-15. I had already taken delivery of my 18 x 10.5 custom made 3 piece Kodiak wheels. Then Hoosier released a 255/35-18 which is actually slightly wider than the 275/35-15. So I get the weight break, and I get the wide tires. Plus I have some diameter that will help put power down. The drag boys go to a larger diameter tire when they start making the big power numbers. I'm doing the same.

Race tires/wheels:

Fr - 245/40-17 Hoosier A6s on 17x9 Kodiak wheels
    Rr - 255/35-18 Hoosier A6s on 18x10.5 Kodiaks

All season street tires/wheels:

Fr - 225/35-17 Falken FK-541 on 17x7.5 Falken Hanabis
    Rr - 245/35-17 Falken FK-541 on 17x9 Falken Hanabis

Summer street tires/wheels:

Fr - 215/40-17 Dunlop Star Spec on 17x7.5 Falken Hanabis
    Rr - 235/40-17 Dunlop Star Spec on 17x9 Falken Hanabis
  • Dash-N-CarsDash-N-Cars Senior Wagonist
    Man that thing is sick, so far it's been the inspiration for my build. Eventually this thing is going to be a dedicated track car, and I want to convert it to rwd. Loving how your wheel/tire combo looks, just simply amazing.
  • TIMELESSWHITETIMELESSWHITE Senior Wagonist
    Different

Original
  • ScallyWagScallyWag Wagonist
    This is why HCW's never came with a stock black paint job - so when you see a black one, you know it's really something special!

Can't wait to see you around! (and then quickly fading into the distance :shock: )
  • JakerJaker familEE
    Here's the engine bay. It's busy, but there's lots going on. I've still to make an air box for around the filter. I've got my sights set on making something nice in CF. I've also got a bit of wiring left to do for the water injection. Anyone know of a source for some small plastic plugs? I made 2 holes in the firewall steel right next to the M/C area, but ended up not needing the holes. Now I need to plug them quick and easy.

Weight distribution ended up somewhat favorable. I was hoping for 55/45, and it ended up at 57/43. I'd love to get it closer to 50/50, but that'll be hard to do and still stay class legal. I'd need to move 150 lbs from the front to the back to reach 50/50.

241.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the interior. Still some work to do there, but so far it's looking decent. The short shifter I made is working great.

568.jpg

242.jpg
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    i think i just wetted my pants... looking nice... bro...
  • Dash-N-CarsDash-N-Cars Senior Wagonist
    Man that thing is looking sweet, in and out. What cluster is that and how hard was it to get wired up?
  • JakerJaker familEE
    JDM EK CTR. Pretty easy to wire up. I just followed this link:

http://www.tuner-junction.com/TJForum/h ... 1-crx.html
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    yer effin crazy!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Of course he has a CTR cluster in there as well :P

Trying to get tickets to a concert in Vancouver in July. Hopefully get to see this in person!
  • adamEFwagonadamEFwagon Senior Wagonist
    thats pretty sick man.
    its nice to finally see this beast.