Fool's Gold! Size DOES matter.

Comments

• eckoboteckobot New Wagonist
    Your quite welcome bam-bam....and I'm sure, that's why you received a love note under the wiper.... I believe it was while you were @ Wall-E World? Classic! Especially capturing and posting it for all of us to get a little chuckle, hee-hee, F'n great, kool kodak kid, SCHWING, etc. Also nail on the head bout 'community'. It's like the schooling taught after every show on the old G.I. Joe episodes "and knowing is half the battle"...those were ultra classic! BTW..what's your thoughts on a unibody on-top of a frame? Know what I'm nudging? Cheers!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I very nearly went the body-on-frame route. If that 4Runner had come along just a bit earlier...but by then I was off down the all Honda path. Got a project in mind?
    Looks like my next project will be a 2wd to 4wd conversion if we can't find an RT shell. Buddy wrecked his wagon yesterday.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    bam-bam wrote: »
    I very nearly went the body-on-frame route. If that 4Runner had come along just a bit earlier...but by then I was off down the all Honda path. Got a project in mind?
    Looks like my next project will be a 2wd to 4wd conversion if we can't find an RT shell. Buddy wrecked his wagon yesterday.

Uh oh is the rt owner alright.?
    Oh yeah, but car is stuffed.
  • eckoboteckobot New Wagonist
    Yeah, thinking about throwing the RT shell onto a Jeep or Toyota 4x4 frame. Looking for something with a 4 cylinder and eventually throwing a snail on it. But wanting to keep the extra RT manual for another project.
    Ever did a auto to manual RT??
    I did help a local with the auto to manual RT swap. Sorry for the long delay answering. Seems like I remember the worst part being the right-side trans mount.
    Funny story:

We went to a junkyard Saturday, didn't really find anything but a DA halfshaft and cruise buttons for an Exploder.

Anyway, as we were checking out the guy asked what we were looking for and we told him '88-91 Civic wagons. He asked "you mean like that one out front?" ( my 2wd wagon) "You guys won't believe what I saw! There's one of those cars in town, jacked up like Bigfoot!"
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Lol please tell me you've told the man you've heard that story before but think its an urban legend.

Just to rip up his front lawn with the 4wd a few minutes later.
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    Bam what yard did you hit.

The picture on instagram looked rustic not like most of other yards.

Looked like also you found somebody's secret stash as well.
    i AM an urban legend haha.

The other funny one lately was the mouthy kid at O'reilly who told me that he'd seen a car like goldie, but bigger. Also wants to run his stock DC w/fartcan against cnote ...

RBW, was pick a part in Fairburn. Lame
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    Oh OK that is the one my other brother with the same name keeps harping on about.

Well Fart Cannons and stickers tend to add at least 150 to 200 HP.

I had one kid run me in my wife's prelude. He said he could not figure out how comes he could not beat me since he had a prelude motor in his civic and was spraying.

I said oh that is easy to answer.

You cant drive...

Just pulled off with a shit eating grin.
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    I have actually seen the golden bigfoot, but it was so camaflauged in mud coverage, i didnt get a good picture or any video. I hear there are other sighting vids out there of powerline crossings, but probably a mistaken 4wd 4runner.

I also cant speak for a fart can, but i have seen a decal add 5-10hp of testosterone.
    Told him I'd take him from a dig or a roll, but not for fun. Title in hand or STFU.

He stfu.
  • Lol, "bigfoot". New nickname hahah.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Is it #wagonwednesday yet? I wanna play!

182.jpg

Been sitting in the yard all summer with a flat tire and a dead battery. Needs an axle and an AC compressor, but tomorrow we go play!
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Take pics!!
    208.jpg

playing in the dirt today.

209.jpg
  • Love it. More characters.
    Been wanting to lift the rear a bit more, decided to try flipping the LCAs

441.jpg

looks like it gives me about an inch and a half. That ought to be about enough to level out the droop caused by the camper's tongue weight or the load of motorcycle on the hitch. Added these SPC toe links I bought a long time back. I've been having to run a degree of positive camber at the old height just to keep toe neutral.

442.jpg
  • That's awesome =D
    Thanks. Here's an assembled shot. No alignment yet, but I'm gambling that it goes back to level spec with the camper's hitch weight.

457.jpg

play shot from IG

458.jpg
  • vrmouseyvrmousey New Wagonist
    That's a BEEFY wagon! WOOHOO!!

Thanks,
    Victor
    Gets about 17.5 mpg, too!
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    Well I just skimmed through this whole thread, mainly picture browsing. Pretty damn epic, I'm impressed in all the fabrication that went into this.
    Thanks. Check out jaudette's (sp?) build. He's going big too!
    bam-bam wrote: »
    Gets about 17.5 mpg, too!

Pretty awesome, all things considered! Lifted, big rims / tires, roof rack, "spirited driving" looks like great time! Very well put together! Flipping the lca's for height is an awesome idea - hope it works out falwlessly! Kinda looks like it might bind in the "put back together" shot, but that's with the car jacked up and suspension at full travel. I'm thinking that looks like a winner by the time you're on the ground!

Wagon Wednesday weather still sucks here, ugh. No Wagon cruising for me today...

Thanks,
    Victor
    Umm, that IS on the ground! No undue binding, but it is a ^¥#%&!! to assemble with that much lift. Have to remove RTA pivot bolts and toe arms to line up the outer LCA bushing.
    AAHHHHH! That makes sense! AHA moment!
    Just a couple from Import Alliance this weekend:

551.jpg

camping at the track, we were in the first dozen or so thru the gate both mornings. Got a great spot along the wall, so we returned there the second day too.

552.jpg