Fool's Gold! Size DOES matter.

edit 4/24/2011: I'm beginning work in earnest on this project, and turning this into a build thread.

Here we go again!

469.jpg

I haven't dragged them home yet, but I've agreed to buy this pair of '89 RT4WDs

470.jpg

I'm not positive whether I'll be able to get a clear title, but my hope is to make one car from the two. The first one is manual, the other is automatic. Neither has an engine, but I have a DOHC ZC waiting. If I decide it's too much hassle, look for a BIG partout thread :lol:

The auto one is pretty rough

471.jpg

472.jpg

but it has the pieces that the nicer, 6spd one needs.

473.jpg

Needs some serious TLC, but I ain't skeered

474.jpg

475.jpg

even has the OE caps hiding under these hideous covers

476.jpg

477.jpg

Comments

• im in for this build all your cars are great even the camper

nice pickup by the way 2 rt's
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    For sure! Bam you always find good stuff. Can't wait to see what you do with these.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    so now you would have how many wagons?

4 3/4 :mrgreen: :lol:
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    glad to see that worked out!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I'm at war with myself... do I REAALLLY need another project?
  • Can never have too many projects and looks like you can make a pretty good wagon out of them and have some spare rt parts left.
    hmmmmm....four wheel drive, huh?

481.jpg
  • EDwEFprtsEDwEFprts Senior Wagonist
    nice find.
    i need a place to work on cars so i can do that too.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    woah i thought my car turned into a serious project.... i feel like a wussy after seeing your
    next project....

im in for the build....
  • Ever tryed to put two bamwagons together in a dark, cold gerage for one night? That's maybe an other way to get some more tiny little bamwagons :mrgreen:
  • what's wrong with a project...

between having a beer...
    or two..

1 + 1 = more
    1,2, uhmm many?
    :mrgreen:
  • Thinking of another camper? Or is that rear bumper putting it off for you?
  • make another camper and leave it unpainted and sell it to someone on here or me :mrgreen:
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Please do a propper truck conversion

You are the only one I believe can do it right

Please!
    I've been running into problems chasing a title- not really enthused about just parting them out, I've got enough junk in my yard :oops: .

Camper? I don't know...I rarely repeat myself, and a good half of the camper project was making the towing car capable. On top of that, I'd be scared to death of the liability of someone else towing one around. I've spooked myself a couple of times with it, and I don't scare easily.

Truck? It's intriguing, but now you guys are expecting it :shock:

Then there's the 1968 F250 I want to finish up....
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Wow, I've missed alot! lol I've got faith, man.
    bump. These are still available, and I have an itch...
  • ReaccionReaccion Senior Wagonist
    I do not understand how people can do this to these poor wagons????? :x In some pictures these wagons look like trash cans :x
  • bam-bam wrote:

Get em and sell me the tranny, shifter cables and shifter box out of the 6 speed!
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Connect them and the other ones you have... You could make a 7, 9, 11, or 13 door wagon...

RTAWD?

Do It!!!

I would...
    Jaker wrote:
    bam-bam wrote:

Get em and sell me the tranny, shifter cables and shifter box out of the 6 speed!

ummmmm, why do you think I'm buying them :P

I'm ready to "boldly go" again...
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Scrappy is GAME and I shall make that 11 hour commute to work again from Ga, to lend a hand if needed.. :mrgreen:
  • If you buy these, and do part them, I could use a set of the bumpers. Thanks.
    I got them home today. There are now SIX wagons in my yard!

I will be parting out alot of stuff, but probably after I get the project figured out. 3 cars into one, there's bound to be scraps!
    These pics always make me smile

266.jpg
  • Nice! That brown interior has been growing on me lately. Is that your "truck" in the picture? What engine?
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    When the site of another wagon on the tow dolly isn't uncommon, you know you're a wagoholic. lol

He's got an LS swap, Kyle.
    I've started work on this project, hoping to drive it to Import Alliance in July (3 months! :shock: )

Just building and installing the d16z6 and JRSC would be no problem in that timeframe, but I have a few other tricks up my sleeve. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet, as some unforeseen snag may make what I'm trying "undoable".

I have a few questions already. I'll ask them here and hopefully not clutter up the site with new threads:

I've looked around and read that the oil pan on the RT is different, relieved for the transfer case. Can someone show me a picture of that pan? I probably will notch the z6 sump, would like to see what the real thing looks like.
  • turbo_tegturbo_teg Council Member
    funny u ask i was just messing with my spare one today. prolly gunna post her up FS PM me if u want it.

DSC01102.jpg

DSC01103.jpg
    yes, I'll take it. wait...

will it fit a z6?