EE/EF/DA Interchangable parts (Please Add)

Comments

• atszatsz Band Wagon
    I know that mirror not interchangeable.
    What about only with the mirror plate?Power mirror.
    Is it the mirror plate changeable with a hatchback's mirror plate? Nor I found the answer on oem parts list.Please forgive me if the answer is somewhere here and I didn't see.
    Thanks!
  • What about shift linkage? I did a trany swap along with the engine and mfpi, and in 1, 3, and 5, I have to try not to change radio stations the nob is so close.
  • alot of people say the pedal assemblys are different but all i know is i used an aseembly out of a 90 hatch on my 91 wagon and everything fit perfect no problem.
  • What about shift linkage? I did a trany swap along with the engine and mfpi, and in 1, 3, and 5, I have to try not to change radio stations the nob is so close.

i did b20 swap in mine and used da shift linkage
  • danzdanz Wagonist
    alot of people say the pedal assemblys are different but all i know is i used an aseembly out of a 90 hatch on my 91 wagon and everything fit perfect no problem.

same here! i guess thats why you should believe only half of what you see, and none of what you hear!

i used a stock civic hatch linkage when i converted my wagon to manual transmission.

a wagon shifter IS longer than a stock hatch shifter, but a stock hatch shifter will work, just be a little low...
  • bumper lights - yes 88-89 will swap with any year wagon

is this using the hatch/4dr or CRX bumper lights?
    need a new set on my 91rt
  • 90-93 (CB) Accord front lip can be made to fit the front of a wagon. You have to drill new holes in the lip, and cut a few areas of plastic so it fits against the bottom of the bumper. Also you have to cut off about 1.5 inches of the lip on each side where it hangs out into the wheel well, cause the accord bumper is longer from front to back. it's not 100% perfect fit, cause the curve is slightly different, but I made mine fit tonight, in about an hour. And I've never done this kind of fabrication before. Really not hard to figure out.
  • Anyone know for sure about 4-door civic rear door panels? I read in here that fronts will almost work, but they will hit the dash due to different shape. Nothing clear about rears though...
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    Does anybody know if the hood latch cable is wagon specific or can I use other EF chassis cables or DA integras?
    I plan on running it thru the engine bay not in the stock location.
    Thanks.
  • I didn't see anything about a speedometer cable in this thread.... I picked one up from a CRX and I'm gonna check it out today. I'll keep everyone informed when I figure it out.
  • AlphaxomegaAlphaxomega Senior Wagonist
    Does anybody know if the hood latch cable is wagon specific or can I use other EF chassis cables or DA integras?
    I plan on running it thru the engine bay not in the stock location.
    Thanks.
    Bump. Anyone?
  • I didn't see anything about a speedometer cable in this thread.... I picked one up from a CRX and I'm gonna check it out today. I'll keep everyone informed when I figure it out.
    CRX speedo cable is about 3 or 4 inches shorter, but it will definitely work. Had to angle one of my heater hoses a little differently to make up for the reduced slack in the cable, but it's in there.
  • 90-91 Accord OBD-0 injectors are interchangeable. Just to be sure, make sure they are from an OBD-0 car with a resistor box.
  • dpt47zdpt47z New Wagonist
    i had to swap my pedal assembly awhile back on my 90 dx wagon and i went to the junkyard and pulled a pedal assembly out of a 91 civic sedan and i noticed that the design is a little different on how the clutch assembly is factory welded onto the rest of the assembly but it still bolted up fine...idk if thats what ppl are refering to when they say pedal assemblys are different...just thought id let you guys know what i found
  • dirtydirty wrote:
    bumper lights - yes 88-89 will swap with any year wagon

is this using the hatch/4dr or CRX bumper lights?
    need a new set on my 91rt

anyone got an answer for me??
    please
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    I'm not sure how/if the CRX ones are different but I know that the 88-89 civic(hatch, sedan and wagon) bumper lights are all the same. I had a set of sedan bumper lights on mine for awhile.
  • racepakracepak Band Wagon
    so, we have two answers here.
    will a ef front windshield fit a 89 2wd ?
  • I have a 1990 wagovan i picked up for a couple hundred bucks to be a winter project, someone busted the rear window out, i have a guy who is willing to sell me a 89 rear hatch with the glass in tact, will it work? I didn't see anything on here saying yes or no.
  • MrM3MrM3 Council Member
    racepak wrote:
    No
    I have a 1990 wagovan i picked up for a couple hundred bucks to be a winter project, someone busted the rear window out, i have a guy who is willing to sell me a 89 rear hatch with the glass in tact, will it work? I didn't see anything on here saying yes or no.
    Yes
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    MrM3 wrote:
    racepak wrote:
    No

can you elaborate on this at all? Whats different? I assume lenght due to wagon having the higher roofline. I ask cause my window guy is telling me the wagon are the same as the ef sedan and that the cowl covers the shortness of the sedan window, but I aint buyin it, lol.

and i found out recently that ef hatch and ef sedan windshields are different too. not inchangeable.
  • JeebuzJeebuz New Wagonist
    I'm trying to make sure I pass smog with this swaggovan I just got,

Will a EF hatch/sedan stock muffler fit the piping in my EE?

guy that sold it took it off as an "upgrade"
  • Muffler is the same, piping is different.

So if you buy just a muffler with no piping attached you will be able to weld it on, if its a whole C pipe then its different as the Wagon has the piping going under the LCA whereas hatch and sedan have it go over LCA.

I run a TRUST CRX muffler on my wagon
  • hobbit_01hobbit_01 Band Wagon
    Are the pedal assemblies interchangeable???
  • hobbit_01 wrote:
    Are the pedal assemblies interchangeable???
    kind of a grey area there... SOME EF pedal assemblies will fit on the wagon, and some won't. I seem to remember that it wasn't based on the model, but the year. there has been quite a bit of discussion on this, I think most of it was earlier in this thread. i suggest searching just this thread for the word "pedal" and see what comes up.
  • whats the yes mean on sway bar fitment? they all the same?
  • Will the 4WD complete steering column Fit On The 2WD Wagon ?
  • JDMC_DUSTY wrote:
    whats the yes mean on sway bar fitment? they all the same?
    pretty sure they are. The entire FRONT suspension setup is the same between EE wagons and EF civics. not sure but i "think" DA integra sway bars will work also.
  • Will the 4WD complete steering column Fit On The 2WD Wagon ?
    I don't see why not. The only difference I know of is that 4WD has power steering, and 2WD does not. The difference is in the steering rack itself though.

PM bam-bam, he's the master of dismantling wagons and putting them back together in ways that weren't intended. He recently put a non-PS rack into an RT he's building, and i'm sure he'd probably be able to tell you.
  • Thanks Man, Ill Message Him And See. I Wanted To Get The Column And A Steering Wheel And Get This Ugly After Market One Off My Car.
  • Is something wrong with your column or you just don't like the wheel?