Dwebble (The Silver Slug)

123457»

Comments

• RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    I've got the same bumper on my car from an ef9. I went in on a whole RHD conversion with some friends and paid my portion for the bumper.
  • Just trying to make me jealous. Thanks Rev.
  • So in swapping the head, I ended up with one that has bad tube seals. So one of the spark plugs is sitting in oil. That said I'm gonna pull the valve cover and the rocker arms off and replace those. Since I'm trying to shoot video of everything I do now I'll work on getting that. Can anyone think of anything else that could use detailed or looked at while I'm mucking around with those bits. Just figure if I'm replacing those seals if anything else can be called to attention, I'll do so in the video.
  • UnuselectusUnuselectus Band Wagon
    That quiklift is sick!
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    Awesome Read, youve turned that thing around pretty well, man! Definitely subscribed...oh and i thought it was kinda funny, in the beginning you mentioned your door popping when you open it, mine does that too and until reading this, thought i was the only one haha...
  • Thanks Mike, I need to get off my lazy ass and change the clutch in this thing already. I'm needing to clear out some space in the garage and hoist it up on the ramps though to do that. I'm wanting to get some actual video of a clutch change as notated by someone who's never done a civic clutch before. I figure that will be the most informative video out there since I'll run into issues for sure.
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    Nice, Im the same way with my wagon lol. Need to quit procrastinating...That video would be awesome, im not needing a clutch change anytime soon but would definitely like a video for when the time comes. Ive never put a clutch in a civic.
  • Hey, I finally got a mechanic off of my lazy ass and paid too much to have them work on the clutch. Shame on me. The garage still isn't cleared out either! Whatever, life happens as we all know.

I do have a lightened flywheel and clutch setup that I'm gonna toss in there at some point, but that'll probably happen with power addition. Given the rate at which I work on this thing maybe that'll be in 2024.

Anyway this was the main hangup. Spring shit itself out and wedged between the pressure plate and the clutch meaning shifting wasn't happened.

In the time that it sat the ethanol sucked up plenty of moisture and caused the tank to rust too. So I had that to deal with. That was popped out, welded up and had an application of POR15

I also have a check engine light on now that I honestly can't recall if it was on before or not, so I figure I'll be reading flashes here in the next week or so.

I do plan on doing the rear disc swap, I managed to pick up a kit from Lowflyin' back before my clutch shit the bed. I'm having to figure out the parking brake bracket on it since I was absent from the forum when he got those done. I ordered some stock brackets to hold the brake cable but those are longer than the one he fabbed up so we'll see how that works out. Worst case I take the brackets over to the metal saw and fire up the mig.

The drive home was nice, I might look at getting some better motor/transmission mounts the ones I'd picked up seemed to be fairly jank off brand (as they all are pretty much now) and the alignment on the pins was not the same, they definitely weren't centered in the mounts where they should be centered so things are more rattly than I recall, but that just lets me know what's loose.

Long term plans are to finish laying down the "dynamat" type foil backed sticky stuff on the interior and get it a little more sound deadened and then reinstall the carpet. That is if it's salvageable. We have rats down here and oh if they didn't make a home in all the seats and stuff I took out. Definitely breaking out the disinfectant/antiviral/antimicrobial and running the extractor over the upholstery.

Anyway I'll cut my ramble short, and post more stuff as I have time.

If anyone is on discord, feel free to hit me up jonnynof#6917