GNAR Wagon

Comments

• RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    UPS dropped off something today..what could this be?! :D hehe

1002760_10102599418271878_497545293_n.jpg

Did some more driving today..the axles def seem like they are bad. I put DA Integra axles in and I know they are a few mm shorter but should still be fine (just wont last as long). I am going to just keep driving it and order some proper RT axles to replace em with soon. Im still not sure if anything is rubbing/bumping in there or if its just scratches from the install. Need to get a paint marker and mark it up and see.
  • if i guess what it is do i win something?

my guess is: a bull bar
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    im excited for this build!
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    I took the wagon to Crested Butte this past weekend (~4hr drive from Denver). If fared well..the acceleration vib from the axles was still there but not as bad. It TORE IT UP offroad. I got so many weird looks and thumbs up from people in Jeeps and other SUVs on the dirt/4x4 roads we drove on to go mountain biking. It was a blast. I cant wait until the shitty loud muffler gets torn up by rocks so I can put something nicer on there. (that was the only thing that scraped/bumped the entire weekend). I also realized my wagovan has the same ground clearance now as a forrester or escape...if not more. Im going to work out a side by side pic soon!

Pics:
    1043848_10102619404998318_385089970_n.jpg

1017696_10102619405287738_2081498601_n.jpg

1016319_10102619405891528_947831425_n.jpg
    Trail 401 in Crested Butte^ possibly the best mtn bike trail in the country.

1004781_10102619415103068_1512137664_n.jpg
    campsite^

970776_10102619406066178_1183856546_n.jpg

970075_10102619406625058_1074544395_n.jpg
    if i guess what it is do i win something?

my guess is: a bull bar

This is correct!! hahaha..ill prob get it installed in the next week or so... if you ever come to denver ill buy ya a beer!
  • damnnnn super nice view. i bet that was a cool adventure.

and ya hahaha ill let you know. probally not anytime soon
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Your wagon looks awesome dude. That must have been a cool adventure. And love to see you using your wagon for its purpose to go out and adventure. I'm in for more updates!
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    Thanks guys! Hopefully I can get that bull bar installed within the next week (and maybe some lights if craigslist pans out). Will def have to get some offroading vids with the gopro after thats done.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Royman that wagon in the fog picture is my favorite so far ....!

im definitely in for more adventures with GNAR
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    RoyMan wrote: »
    I took the wagon to Crested Butte this past weekend (~4hr drive from Denver). If fared well..the acceleration vib from the axles was still there but not as bad. It TORE IT UP offroad. I got so many weird looks and thumbs up from people in Jeeps and other SUVs on the dirt/4x4 roads we drove on to go mountain biking. It was a blast. I cant wait until the shitty loud muffler gets torn up by rocks so I can put something nicer on there. (that was the only thing that scraped/bumped the entire weekend). I also realized my wagovan has the same ground clearance now as a forrester or escape...if not more. Im going to work out a side by side pic soon!

Pics:
    www.civicwagon.com

www.civicwagon.com

www.civicwagon.com
    Trail 401 in Crested Butte^ possibly the best mtn bike trail in the country.

www.civicwagon.com
    campsite^

www.civicwagon.com

www.civicwagon.com

This is correct!! hahaha..ill prob get it installed in the next week or so... if you ever come to denver ill buy ya a beer!

i didn't guess but I'm coming to Denver & would love a beer!
  • RoyMan wrote: »
    Thanks guys! Hopefully I can get that bull bar installed within the next week (and maybe some lights if craigslist pans out). Will def have to get some offroading vids with the gopro after thats done.

if the local lights dont work check out ebay 27w flood and spot lights. 4 shipped for about 100. the led takes less draw from the system and is easier on the cars electrical. they make 42w ones too and they are super bright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4aM_Gp294

this guy has 6x 42w and a bunch of others.

you can fit a whole lotta beer in a wagon
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    3rd4ce wrote: »
    Royman that wagon in the fog picture is my favorite so far ....!

im definitely in for more adventures with GNAR

I wish it was fog..that was dust haha..I need to vacuum my interior its really dusty. Should have seen the cloud that came out of the vents when I turned the AC on LOL

haha well if you plan on being out at all around Coors field shoot me a PM. I live really close to the stadium. Theres some great breweries/bars there.
    if the local lights dont work check out ebay 27w flood and spot lights. 4 shipped for about 100. the led takes less draw from the system and is easier on the cars electrical. they make 42w ones too and they are super bright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d4aM_Gp294

this guy has 6x 42w and a bunch of others.

you can fit a whole lotta beer in a wagon

I was considering those..I may just go that route it sounds better actually.
  • quick question regarding front suspension....

how did you get the wagon tophat to work? mine seems too small for the accord strut
  • WagoDanWagoDan Wagonist
    Toys... I trimmed the rubber insulator so the spring would fit in the tophat, sorry I didn't take any pics of it. Basically ended up being just a flat piece o rubber.
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    quick question regarding front suspension....

how did you get the wagon tophat to work? mine seems too small for the accord strut

mine seemed to fit OK..they didnt go in perfectly but at that point (I think I removed and replaced tophats/etc like 4 times) I didnt care if it was a little off.
    WagoDan wrote: »
    Toys... I trimmed the rubber insulator so the spring would fit in the tophat, sorry I didn't take any pics of it. Basically ended up being just a flat piece o rubber.

If I did it again I would have done this so the fit was nicer.
  • WagoDan wrote: »

www.civicwagon.com[/IMG]

nice thats what i did. i almost fliped the accord spring over so the smaller part was at the top. but it didnt seat correctly. it didnt really seat too good with the cut spring rubber and wagon top hat...... but it worked.

once i get to the pass side ill take a bunch of pics.
  • RoyMan wrote: »
    mine seemed to fit OK..they didnt go in perfectly but at that point (I think I removed and replaced tophats/etc like 4 times) I didnt care if it was a little off.

If I did it again I would have done this so the fit was nicer.

ya i noticed in that one pic your tophat looked similar to mine. its crooked just a lil. but it works so i cant complain.
  • toothytoothy Band Wagon
    the vibration u feel is probably the axle bind in the rear from the cv angle, im hopefully lifting mine soon
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    toothy wrote: »
    the vibration u feel is probably the axle bind in the rear from the cv angle, im hopefully lifting mine soon
    Interesting..could be but it really feels like its coming from the front. Hopefully I can get it sorted soon.
  • have u checked ur ujoint to see if thats whats causing vibrations?? i get vibrations when i drive on freeway
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    have u checked ur ujoint to see if thats whats causing vibrations?? i get vibrations when i drive on freeway

I have not, thats on my list of things to check once I knock out some of the easier stuff..gonna get some new tires (I dont think they are balanced now), replace ball joints/tie rods, and then start checking the other stuff.
    I get some good vibrations in 4th gear mainly but its not consistant enough to pinpoint.. Hope to get m poly bushings installed this weekend n see what that does...
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    Well..it looks like my head gasket is about shot. Coming back from the mountains on sunday I noticed some white smoke (not tons but some)..by the time I pulled into my garage the car pretty much died. Oil was real low. I havent tried to start it back up since. I need to get some more oil in it first. I might as well just order a head gasket kit since autozone has a 20% off coupon that expires today.

DAMNIT!!! Guess I wont be installing my bull bar/lights for a bit...or doing any driving :(

edit: and to top it off it looks like im leaking tranny fluid on the passenger side..probably from the axle not fitting into the tranny all the way since its a DA axle. I guess I cant put off ordering a RT axle now.
    any progress yet?
  • RoyManRoyMan Wagonist
    its just been sitting..ive been outta town for work and also went on a vacation this past week. I need to schedule some time to knock this out really soon though since I def need this car running perfectly by ski season!
  • 197.jpg

Turns out its not the headgasket...finally got some time to go down to my family friends shop and check it out. Compression and leakdown were VERY good. Took a closer look and things and the valve cover gasket and plug gaskets seem to be the culprit. Going to get a gasket set ordered and I should be good to go!!

Its also about time to get on some meaty winter tires and get some other misc things installed that I have laying around...I just moved so Ive been unpacking boxes for the past two weeks ugh...
  • Winter tires have been installed...the lift looks SO much better with some proper meat on the wheels! I almost went with winterforces but went over to goodyear to check out their ultragrip winter and found that the treads are a bit deeper so I think these may fare a little better for not just winter but summer offroading. They also beat all the prices I was looking at online/etc so that was nice.

195/60/15 on 15x8 949 Racing 6ul's - so far no rub issues and the ride is SO much better. Those old summer perf tires that it had were like driving with circular rocks lol

599655_10103096487037088_1558884113_n.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    ^ this girl is on fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire!!!

Looks way good! I love it
  • I approve of this stance.
  • I second this stance! Looking good man! How are you liking the performance of those tires? I had to put on my studdies for the last little storm we had down here..
  • WagoDan wrote: »
    I second this stance! Looking good man! How are you liking the performance of those tires? I had to put on my studdies for the last little storm we had down here..

Havent done much crappy condition driving aside from the day after I got the tires on to go skiing at breck. i70 was pretty bad snowy/icy..I was impressed how well they held up. Only had one or two spots where it slipped a bit..I saw quite a few cars getting wobbly though. Looks like a good storm is coming through this week so if work isnt too busy I might take another trip to ski.