Chaife's Everything Else Thread

Comments

• ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    I've also been working to lower this otherwise factory '86 Honda Spree scooter.. Needs some slammage this summer...
    Chopped like 4" out of the thing already.
    744.jpg
    745.jpg
    The bikes an scooters seem to be multiplying.. This new one is very much the same. Looking to make a few changes to it soon.
    But for now they are pretty much twins. Did an open exhaust for the new one. It's soooo loud, Thinking about doing a manual E-cutout. Stay tuned on these.
    746.jpg
  • Are the handlebars flipped around on the left bike?
    yes sir, they are each angled differently to make them contrast each other a tiny bit.
    They have many many little differences like this.
  • I like that shit. Be my brother lol.
    A better picture of the Integra.
    4.jpg5.jpg
    More pictures.
    252.jpg
    253.jpg
    254.jpg
    251.jpg
    255.jpg
    The latest project has been this junk/ retired kayak trailer. Dug her out of the forest and converted it into a stancy scooter hauler..
    installed a hitch on a civic
    deleted the suspension
    mounted the axle on the top of the deck
    cut many of the kayak racks off it

Ran out of cutting discs, oxygen & acetylene on Friday night. So here is how she looked for her first weekend on the road.
    It was an absolutely massive smash hit at WrongFitment's, WrongTurn '14 Meet.

Lots left to do, but it's a start.
    151.jpg
    152.jpg
    153.jpg
    Worked on the RX7 all night last night, flushed the fuel tank 20 or 25 times and it's junk. Cleaned the filters too.
    Thinking that maybe the fuel pump is dying..
    The motor sputters when the thing comes up to temperature..
    I wish I knew anything about Rotary stuff..

A shitty roller of the trailer.
    303.jpg
    304.jpg
    Well, a few hours ago I bought this... We will see where this leads. I've already owned this car once before. Had to help a friend out that needed the money.
    It's ok, I have a ton of ideas and a bunch of parts to throw at it. My plans for this are perhaps the most ambitious I have right now..
    For now I'll get a single cam slapped together and buy a transmission. Should be unique after a while.
    I already have a bit of work in this car actually... Yes, it's going to be another Rat car. Stay tuned.
    340.jpg
    I finally got a chance to compile some of the shots I have of my buddy's hatch.
    Here is another look at the tow rig.
    It has some unique stuff. Like this wooden center garnish we made and branded the Civic insignia into.
    413.jpg
    414.jpg
    415.jpg
    416.jpg
    417.jpg
    418.jpg
    Made some mods to the trailer. Filled the oxygen and acetylene bottles.
    That allowed us to chop the remainder of the kayak racks off.
    Reinforced the frame a good bit
    Added a Jerry Can for bike fuel and an old KC headlight as a spot light. Time to wire stuff up soon. Maybe build a trick little harness for it and the car.
    Also got some offset wheels for it already.. Sent them to bead-blaster. Then to powder coat. Should be changing again soon..

569.jpg
    570.jpg
    571.jpg
  • FrankzFrankz Band Wagon
    So many awesome toys.:encouragement:
    Wheels and tires are on the trailer. Looks pretty cool...
    Went with a pretty aggressive stretch for the tires, they were cheap and the trailer weighs very little...
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    This is the tire we went with. 165/45/15 Federal, just a baby little thing.
    20.jpg
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    That bike trailer is massive haha!!

everything in here looks so fun
  • debrisdebris Wagonist
    Chaife wrote: »
    340.jpg

I would give it a layer of clear-coat, some licencse plates and leave it as is.
    lol Thanks man. 1.gif Yeah the tongue is really long right now. We are looking to extend the bed/ deck soon to accommodate more toys! :devilish:
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    I'm not a huge fan if the rat movement... but that hatch tickles me in the pants. Especially the pics with the trailer.

Thanks ls for always sharing!
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    That trailer is badass! If I bring you my car will you make it awesome too? lolol
  • chadcouchchadcouch Wagonist
    Is that a rt I see in first pic what size tires.r those rims as well plz n where u get them n price too:-) thanks
    Thanks Charb, to be honest I can't really feel a lot of the Rat 'builds' that I'm seeing as of late.. This hatch does however have a lot of quirky parts on it, it's quite the little car too.
    Fun fact, I used to own this little hatch. I sold it to him some years back for a swingin' deal. I had 4 EF hatches at that time and they never really put a fire in my belly like the sedan, CRX, or wagon do. Having said that kind of makes me miss my 4spd. standard hatch. :p Cheers! and thanks again.

Dude, just wait til' you see it Revmaynard. Can't wait to haul it to the next IA or something.
    Hell yeah we can!! Let's do it. lol

Chadcouch, is what an RT? Which wheels? Which tires? You mean the wheels and tires for the trailer?
    If you are asking, 'is the trailer an RT'.? why yes, yes it is... :rolleyes:
    Very difficult to decipher your coded comment/ post thing... lol
    The latest toy in the works here at the shop.
    1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
  • What's the specs on the crv wheels?
    Bassett Racing Wheels,
    15x8, 3" Backspace, Beadlocks
    Tires are 31s. pretty sick.

More updates on the CRV soon.
  • Any issues with rubbing? Looks great!
    Yes it rubbed everywhere until last night. We have deleted the fender trim.
    Last night I cut the front bumper. We also lifted the car another 2" or so with some polypropylene spacers we built.
    It rubs far less now. Still working to achieve near full lock for steering.
    Deleted bumper mounted air box silencer
    Deleted windshield wiper reservoir (for now) because it needs to be relocated.
    264.jpg

Built some brackets to mount a Honda Pilot bull bar. Stay tuned, pictures coming from it's first outing which will be on Sunday.
    Headed to Gulches Offroad Park in South Carolina on Sunday morning. Should be fun to shake up what the Jeep boys are used to out there.
    Kind of a last minute plan now that we are getting soo many of the bugs in the setup straightened out.
    Adapted a Honda Pilot bull Bar to the CRV. Josh had a factory influenced pin stripe. The mountains are the Honda Pilot applique.
    364.jpg
    365.jpg
    366.jpg
    Took her to Gulches Off-Road Park and she did splendid. Gave me a chance to finally take some pictures of the CRV in action.
    367.jpg
    368.jpg
    369.jpg
    370.jpg
    371.jpg
    372.jpg

More to come in the multimedia section.
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    That'll do.