Wagon specific floor mats ?

124»

Comments

• colecocoleco New Wagonist
    Cool ^^

Thanks for posting pics bam.
    Bam-Bam has given me great input on these mats so far.
    I am working on how i will do the purchases for these so bear with me for a few days or so and I should have something put together.
    I want to make sure everything is ok with the moderators and that i have the glitches worked out.
  • Let us know price and available colors. I'd also like to know if they'll be available with embroidery.
    Unfortunately i dont know anyone who embroiders personally. The places I have used will not embroider anything copywrited or trademarked without a letter from the liscensee holding that trademark giving their consent. Honda just will not give consent, its all about the cash. Due to the fact that honda will get on my case as they have many times with other people in the past i'd rather not attempt it. It would definately be something that i could just never talk about online in a semi public environment.
    If it was a must we could discuss it via PM but I have to put it out there that im not going to say yes to putting the logos there publicly.

So far where im at with pricing is:
    I can probably sell a set of 4 mats for 95$ shipped (+tax if you are in kansas)
    Light Grey, Dark Grey, Black, Blue, Brown, Beige.
    I will most likely have to bind them all with black Stayfast convertible top binding im negotiable on that tho. Its the best binding and will last forever but its 75$ for 50 yards my cost(approximately 5.5 sets of mats) i just cant front 75$ for all the colors at the moment but i will be saving any profit i make for such things.
    Between quality carpet(ac dorsett luxury auto carpet),rubber nibbed backing, glue, driving, thread, binding, time, the price really adds up. I get a price break at 10 yards of carpet ,and also 10 yards of backing which could bring the price down.
    As with the binding i cant afford 10 yards of brown carpet unless i am using it so getting a price break is hard without losing money.

Of course i could price up cheaper carpet or use the cheap binding if a car is a real beater or something
    but i'd really rather produce quality mats that will make it through lots of use and that people are pleased with.

Its really frustrating me that materials cost so much. Companies like Lloyd's mats manufacture their own stuff or buy in such huge quantities that coming close to their price means that i can make very little money for the work. If only we could convince them to make r/t 4wd mats.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    very nice... looks like its worth the 95$ to me... hopefully i will be hitting you
    up soon...
  • That's pretty inexpensive, considering the quality. I'll have to wait to finish a side project first, but after that I'll spring for a set.
    sorry guys i have been sick for the past 5 days
    I am going to reduce the price on the mats when i start a thread in the vendors section.
    I'm working on that but i've been so exhausted.
  • We can wait. Take care of your health.

Exhausted, eh? Flu?
  • Dirty_SL8Dirty_SL8 Band Wagon
    I have yet to find a EE with mats in it at any local salvage yard. Must be harder to find then I thought. :(
    my best guess is that its the flu of some kind but its lasting freakin forever.

while cooped up inside i have been working a little on some secret civic wagon projects i know ppl are looking for. Its so frustrating to be sick and have all this stuff to do.
    on top of product design i got car problems.
    after 6 months, finally got the fuel pump housing to get my 87 vw GTI running again minus the risk of it turning into a giant fireball.
    My 1989 dodge raider clutch slave shot the shit and i cant get it bled properly now that i rebuilt it, the blower motor on my 1997 bmw 318ti isnt working so its cold as ballz in there but its the only legal running car i have atm. Good news is that i think i have the cash to register my civic wagon finally so i can take the illegal plate off. And my manual window defrosting techniques have improved considerably.
  • Looking to get a set of floor mats for the wagon, but every pair that i've seen at my local shop is too wide. What are folks using here? Could you also provide a good source?

Thanks in advance.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Check out our approved vendors selection. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
  • RobbRobb Wagonist
    jpciii wrote:
    I don't know if these are RT4WD or not, but they're new in the box and you're all jealous! WOOT WOOT

241.jpg

Here my new ones for hatchback. Even the rears are different shape.

49.jpg
  • jdm_rolexjdm_rolex New Wagonist
    Robb, as much as I may hate you because all of the cool and RARE parts you have I love you! Thanks for sharing your info to us!
  • EDwEFprtsEDwEFprts Senior Wagonist
    they clame to make custom mats for the wagon:
    http://perfectmats.com/rhinomats.php

edit:
    others that also clame to make custom mats for the wagon:
    http://www.carcoverplanet.com/1991-hond ... D9025-1991

http://www.mrzaccessories.com/product/C ... LC01-202GK

http://www.brandnewauto.com/Front-Floor ... 18461.html
    (fronts only)

anyone ever tried these?
  • RobbRobb Wagonist
    Anytime.. :)
  • i dont see a vendors section, i take it coleco no longer makes these floor mats? are the wagovan and rt mats the same? TIA
  • I'm using Pontiac Wave floor mats in my '90 and the rears are a perfect fit. The fronts 'work' good enough for me but they don't cover the area just under the front of the seats.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    from the grave bumpppppp

anyone with a set of customs mats yet? I've been outta the game for a bit and haven't been in the loop.

this guy promises me his are cut identical to the poem ones and i specified the wagon/rt is different.

anyone with any other options?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEXOMAT-All-Weather-Heavy-Duty-Floor-Mats-Front-Mats-CUSTOM-Honda-/261845287810?fits=Model%3ACivic&var=&hash=item3cf7320382:m:mSKmh7BQocqPbZK62FmltOg&vxp=mtr
  • Maybe he has some templates. Cutting rubber mats isn't too difficult. Though I'd be mostly concerned that it's not just some twit with scissors and a box cutter. And not actually die cut.

I'd say if anyone has existing mats that can be worked from any decent upholstery shop can cut and sew up the edges nicely.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Are you looking for all weather or cloth? Weathertech is always a solid choice for rubber.
  • El LeonEl Leon Band Wagon
    I bought the Weathertech ones but the fitment is pretty bad due to the RT4WD humps in the trailing edge of both sides near the drive shaft tunnel.
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    yeah, rubber ones would be ideal.

looks like there is still no good mats! ugh! dang!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    I once offered mats for our wagons (not replicated so no Honda brand on them, just the floormats in quality-velours), I had 3 sets made I think, not sure about the costs. But I think it was around 150$ shipped. There was a lot of interest but noone ever got to the paypal-moment.

I'll be willing to have a set made and shipped to you so you can have them reproduced in the USA, that would save a lot of overseas shipping hassle.
  • TonygtimeTonygtime Band Wagon
    Vladi wrote: »
    I once offered mats for our wagons (not replicated so no Honda brand on them, just the floormats in quality-velours), I had 3 sets made I think, not sure about the costs. But I think it was around 150$ shipped. There was a lot of interest but noone ever got to the paypal-moment.

I'll be willing to have a set made and shipped to you so you can have them reproduced in the USA, that would save a lot of overseas shipping hassle.

Vladi, I'll buy a set. There is probably a decent online market for that. Is blue available?
    I'm In Los Angeles, CA
  • alleykatalleykat Band Wagon
    El Leon wrote: »
    I bought the Weathertech ones but the fitment is pretty bad due to the RT4WD humps in the trailing edge of both sides near the drive shaft tunnel.
    So should be fine for the FWD I assume