my garage queen and project: '91 Shuttle

Comments

• Even the Konigs are nice, I'm digging the black steelies on that wagon! Looks great man!
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    hey guys! i'll still alive, just been super busy, as always...

here are a couple pictures, just to bring this thread back from the dead!
    some of you may recognize this other wagon :P

393.jpg
    394.jpg
    395.jpg

and, i replaced my daily driver Saab with this little sedan. :)
    she makes a perfect daily.

396.jpg
    397.jpg
    398.jpg
  • FSC4wdFSC4wd familEE
    Did you get rid of the Saab because you didn't like it, or was there another reason? You got me lookin at the Areo for a long range snow wago(high 3000 RPMs for over 3hrs starts to get to me). The new rims look like a good fit. I'd say paint them black with some chrome features(valve stem, lugs).
    i got rid of the Saab for a few reasons..
    1. it was a ticking time bomb of problems
    2. i couldn't afford it anymore, things such as gas and maintenance. also, i still owed a bit on it and wanted to pay it off. i needed the extra cash for other things =D
    3. i just didn't "love" it.. something never clicked with it and me. i guess i am just a Honda person!

if you want a newer RELIABLE wagon, i say try to stay away from any turbo subaru products. if you want a Saab 92x, just get a Linear =)
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    serously back from the dead!!!, wagodizzle is back, bummer about the SAAB, but i too have tried other cars, you cant beat a honda...

owned a 4runner... expensive and clunky
    owned a Toyota Truck.... clunky and clunky
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    lol my wagons clunky!
    BillBoard wrote:
    serously back from the dead!!!, wagodizzle is back, bummer about the SAAB, but i too have tried other cars, you cant beat a honda...

owned a 4runner... expensive and clunky
    owned a Toyota Truck.... clunky and clunky

:D never really "left".. just didnt really have any input or updates worth mentioning lol ;)
    Saab, not the worst bummer.. i sold it for 1800 more then i paid for it, and learned a lot about these cars too ;) maybe a little too much XD
    becoming an instagram sucka :oops:

589.jpg

238.jpg

239.jpg

240.jpg
  • good lookin cars man.Ive always been a huge fan of that sabb wish more people would hook thost things up!!!
  • lol nice pics man, wagon looks good on the Kosei's
    awesome!!!! love the engagement pix!! that is rad... and congrats on the egagement!
    thanks Bill!
    i think it is pretty obvious what the "get-away" car will be after the wedding :D
  • man i love koseis those are perfect size too.... man i need a damn exhaust so bad the hks is my all time favorite
  • what muffler was that car original for ive been wondering what muffler to go with...
  • I am pretty sure all of us old guys warned you about buying that damn car, but kids these days don't want to listen!! ;) Good to see you still around!
    kids need to learn the hard way! :P it all worked out for the benefit of everybody tho =D

metalfrisbee, the exhaust is an HKS for EF Hatchback. i had to custom fabricate the pipe that bends over the LCA, but it was pretty easy and turned out real well.
    went to a Drive-In last night, Americana!
    192.jpg
    193.jpg
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    wagodizzle its even better if u back into the space raise the hatch ...... lay down the seats and throw blankets & pillows n there and enjoy .. ....
    hey guys..

did a bit of a serious cleaning of the interior, as well as wired up some stuff "the right way" (door locks, rear fogs, adjustable headlights, etc..). also shortened my OEM shifter a couple inches, so that the boot would cover all of the rod. its cute lol.

ended up using an entire box of laundry detergent.

still not 100% done, have to finish reupholstering my passenger seat, and also waiting on my BLUE lower console (finally traded my gray one!)

422.jpg

423.jpg

424.jpg

425.jpg

426.jpg

427.jpg

428.jpg

429.jpg
    430.jpg

431.jpg

432.jpg
    nice SEATS!!!

those look awesome!
    Just need to figure out what to do about the door cards to make them match. I thought about wrapping them in the same color gray as the seat backs, in leather or pleather. But... Aint nobody got time for that! Or monies.
    wagodizzle wrote: »
    Just need to figure out what to do about the door cards to make them match. I thought about wrapping them in the same color gray as the seat backs, in leather or pleather. But... Aint nobody got time for that! Or monies.

maybe find some wagovan door panels??? they have no color or fabric in them right?

i think thats right...
    like this...
    433.jpg
    Yeah wagovans just dont have the fabric.. Which means i could simply rip off the fabric from my panels.. Buuuut i dont like that bare look. Looks far too cheap lol.
  • wagodizzle wrote: »
    Yeah wagovans just dont have the fabric.. Which means i could simply rip off the fabric from my panels.. Buuuut i dont like that bare look. Looks far too cheap lol.

Are you sure only Wagovans don't have fabric on the door cards and seats? I know for sure my Wagon is base model and I have both. I thought those "vinyl" wagons were just kind of oddballs.

Love the cloth on the seats in the white Wagon too. Stock?
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Swap'd-D wrote: »
    Are you sure only Wagovans don't have fabric on the door cards and seats?

Yes, we're sure.

It's always possible somebody swap your panels.
    wagodizzle wrote: »

yeah i kinda agree... I dont know how you would go about matching the door inserts to your seats... Ive never seen anyone do a decent job when re-appolstering any EF door panel... but i have faith in you!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    BillBoard wrote: »
    yeah i kinda agree... I dont know how you would go about matching the door inserts to your seats... Ive never seen anyone do a decent job when re-appolstering any EF door panel... but i have faith in you!

Import panels?

I've fantasized about this myself lol

Are the Germans the only ones with LHD? Every time I think I know, I'm wrong.
    All europe is LHD, except great britain. They did have Beagles (from which i got my seats) in LHD edm markets, but the chances of finding a set of door panels from one are near zero!