random pictures in my rt from S.E. Oklahoma

124»

Comments

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    That snorkel rocks dude!
  • snorkel, pistols, mountain land, beers and a wagon........ damnnnn thats a good day
  • jcchappyjcchappy Wagonist
    Well Saturday I loaded the civic and returned to the mountains same place as last time. This time i put my 4x8 trailer on the back and hauled an ezgo gas golf cart mountain rig up there to ride around. I couldn't make it up the last hills with the trailer and golf cart. I un hooked my trailer and hooked it to the cart and went ahead and drove the car up the hill. Damage assessment from the total trip to the mountain land listed as Pretzeled exhaust due to rocks knocking it loose off the civic ripped both driver side mud flaps off and now it has a giant dent under the rocker panel. Golf cart didnt fair well either, It broke the main steering link, the steering wheel fell off and it wont run now on yea and a hole in the fuel tank. then on the way out the trailer lost a tire. I still havent even tried to rebuild the civics exhaust yet it is bent pretty bad in several places plus it ripped the 3 bolts out of the exhaust manifold.
  • jcchappyjcchappy Wagonist
    I need to get my other car fixed up and get this civic in the shop for a serious lift and larger tires asap. car had plenty of power just no clearance.
  • Scored some new rims for the wagon! 05 civic stockers but I think they look pretty descent for $150 with good rubber. And now I can use 14" or 15" all terrain tires. I've got a set of 235/75-15 mud grips may be able to fit.... probably not though.[IMG][/img]20130807_0655121_zps33a4637a.jpg

last weekends pictures
    150.jpg

151.jpg
  • Thanks again to realtimefun! He sent me a power steering pulley and I am loving my car again. I have been driving around without ps. for awhile now. So much better with it. Maneuvering is awesome I forgot what is was like. Now to just get that a/c fixed...and a lift...and a new engine...etc..etc..
  • I got another daily driver. A 2005 ford focus zx5. I think the wagon will go through a transformation at some point after winter and I get some more parts for my actual 4wd with high/low range plan.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    so glad to see your still giving TLC to your wagon .....
    I'm still a big fan of your HellaFUNctional ciVic Wagon
  • The little thing just doesnt know how to stop. I took my truck down to my shop to tow an old tractor out of the back to pull the engine for another project. We had some rain the night before and my ol Gmc just wouldn't pull it on up the hill from around back so I unhook and go get the civic. My buddy is laughing his butt right off all the way to the point that I eased out on the clutch on the civic and it just pulled the tractor on up the hill and never spun. I think I made a believer out of him for awd. Gmc has a 5.7 v8 and half worn out all terrains on the back the civic smokes like a freight train and has street tires.

I have decided I am going to try to trade my focus for a 1st gen toyota 4runner though. I think that may be a better fit for what I am doing now with all the tall rocks to get in and out of the places we have been going lately. The civic is getting beat every single time we go out. I am not one to just tear up a car because I can. I will probably keep the rt also, but I am thinking a 1 gen 4runner with the removable top 22re and a 5 speed with high and low tons of parts support for gearing and the ability to mount 31" tires from day one is where I am at right now.
  • well I fixed my clearance issues with my civic. That 05 focus a few posts up...yea it turned into a jeep cherokee. So now I'm at the point of driving the cherokee all the time and it may be time to let some else have fun with the civic. It has great potential but in the end I think the cherokee is a better fit for what I do routinly.[IMG][/img]20131118_1359041_zps289861d7.jpg
  • anyone seen my old civic around the dallas area?