random pictures in my rt from S.E. Oklahoma

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Sounds like it works well for you. I use mine for everything, too.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    31x10.5 will fit fine, just takes some serious business work....i've already got it drawn up on paper....but the need for a tire that size is silly on a wagon.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    OK Wagon Looks to be a good utility tool... Keep us up to date on the adventure pics..
  • well i see none of my picture work. I haven't been on my thread in awhile. I'll try to replace them with photobucket links.

Here are a few pictures of last friday and a picture of a paint scheme i'd like to eventually do. its on a car called the rally fighter. I would love to make a long travel suspension also but I'm sure that is way out of my realm of money and capabilities.

[IMG][/img]2012-10-05134301.jpg[IMG][/img]2012-10-05134316.jpg[IMG][/img]2012-10-05134325.jpg[IMG][/img]2012-10-05134348.jpg[IMG][/img]2012-10-03145437.jpg
  • lovin' it good work
  • 369369 Band Wagon
    how many inches is it lifted?? and how much did u invest in the lift? thanks
  • keg hatchkeg hatch New Wagonist
    nice car man. what suspension are you running?
  • I see you found some RT wheels.

I might have an A6 in a box. Let me take a look at it and I'll get back to you.
  • My wagon sits just like it did when I bought it. as far as lift I don't know fore sure what has been done. I do know that the suspension on my wagon is the same hight as the suspension on my crx with integra struts. The RT wheels were on the wagon when I got it back last year. They were just painted black. I bought my old crx back that had the tsw rims on it and ran them for awhile but the tires stated breaking belts (they had been sitting on the crx in a field for 5 years). I just painted and put the RT wheels back on because they had good tread and are smooth running. Eventually I need to find a set of 15 civic wheels. I have a set of 235/75-15 mud grips that came off of a toyota i would like to try on the civic. Lowflyin I'd love to get a 1.6 back in her with a turbo eventually. I just blew what little savings I had on taxes on my house this morning. I work on atv's and motorcycles and boats in the morning for extra cash and have been putting it aside for either an engine when one pops p or this motorcycle that is parked in my garage that my buddy wants to sell.
  • Over christmas break I rebuilt my engine. new rings, bearings, pistons, oil and waterpump, and new clutch and pressure plate. Love the fact that it doesn't slobber oil everywhere and smoke like a freight train. My gas milage still sucks! 19 mpg consistantly getting a check engine light whenever i get to highway speeds with no codes on computer. I started doing research on head swaps because I have the head from the blown d16a6 on this d25b2. I have found several places on google where it says if you put an a6 head on a b2 you have to either get a y7-8 cam gear to correct the timing or an adjustable cam gear. Does anyone here know anyhting about that. I have messed with the cam and ignition timing several times in all kinds of combinations. Other than trying to figure out how to get this thing dialed in I have just been driving the wheels off of it.
  • Messing around the shop this morning looking for something I wanted to do I rounded up some different sized tires and just kicked them up beside the car. I think I've found the max size tie I can fit with whatever lift this wagon has. I measured the wheel Wells and some tires I had around and thanks to a tire size calculator on 1010tires dot com I found what I think will fit just have to find a cheap used one to mock up on my tsw's. I am almost certain that 205/75-14 sized tires will fit with a little trimming and fender rolling.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Glad to see your still around ..

i like the paint scheme that you have in mind ....
  • There was so much more I wanted to do while the engine was out but just got tired of the ol girl being down. I was going to do a manual steering swap and a remote awd disconnect cable but time just got away to quick during cristmas.
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    I know this has been said already, but I love the basket. Do the lights work and how did you run them in?
  • Thanks for the complements. The lights do work. I wired them to the rear defrost. It didn't work and I dint need it to either since the windows are tinted. just push you rear defrost button when the key is on and bam baja lights come on. Note on this though. You cannot see very well with the lights above your windshield. They produce a horrible glare on the windsheild and the dirtier it is the waorse it is. As soon as I can get some time I am going to build a bull bar or full front bumper for her and mount some nice lights there. I also want to try a deflector on the bottom of the lights to see if that will work with the windshield glare.
  • I started looking at how to put a cable on the lever that disconnects the awd on the wagon today. I think if I pull the intake I can weld on to the lever and put a tab on it to hook up a push-pull style lever. I'll route it up through the firewall and probably put it under the dash somewhere under the ash tray. It was supposed to be a locking style push-pull cable but it wound up being a regular push pull. I also went ahead and tested my middle driveline coupler. Put front end up on jack stands, apply e brake slowly let out on clutch the car will stall and die. If it give it any gas at all the front tires will go ahead and spin with rear tires not moving. I take this to mean my viscous coupler is bad? Is this right? If so looks like i'm on the search for some seals and some of that special silicone fluid i've been reading about.
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    jcchappy wrote: »
    Messing around the shop this morning looking for something I wanted to do I rounded up some different sized tires and just kicked them up beside the car. I think I've found the max size tie I can fit with whatever lift this wagon has. I measured the wheel Wells and some tires I had around and thanks to a tire size calculator on 1010tires dot com I found what I think will fit just have to find a cheap used one to mock up on my tsw's. I am almost certain that 205/75-14 sized tires will fit with a little trimming and fender rolling.

Love your build so far. As far as tire fitment, ive used this site in the past with pretty good results. http://www.willtheyfit.com/ It may not apply to your application since your not stock, but i figured it was worth the mention.
  • Does anyone see a problem with this lift. Looks sketchy. This guy is doing these type of lifts on subaru wagons and cars.

802.jpg
    jcchappy wrote: »
    Does anyone see a problem with this lift.

that's similar in priciple to how I did my lift. Nothing wrong with it if it's solidly done, effectively you're just making the spring/strut assembly longer.
  • After Friday night I feel like I really need a lift..... And a winch. Everything went real smooth till my friend says, "hey whats down that trail there...." On to the pics.

924.jpg
    925.jpg

Everything Is good here just down by the creek little fire little beer. Then on the way out the guy by the fire, my friend Shaun says, "we've never been down that trail" so I throw it in reverse and basically wind up there for the next 4 hours.

926.jpg

927.jpg

928.jpg

929.jpg
  • 2:30 in the morning my sister shows up in shaun's avalanche and pulls me right out no problem of course. The only bad thing that happened was I lost my leatherman tool. My boots, clothes, car inside and out all had to be scrubbed down. So determined to never let this happen again I am looking at cheap lightweight atv winches or at least throwing a come a long in the hatch. I know everyone says that a small winch won't do the job but I dont want to add an 8000lb winch to the front of my civic. I think a 2k to 3k lb winch will work especially if I double line it with a snatch block on the rare ocassion that this happens again. Also antother 2-3 inches of lift and some meat on the tires would have helped. I also tested my vc with the ebrake off with the front wheels in the air and my wagon will push with back wheels only so the vc isn't bad like I thought.
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    i think my winch is rated @ 3000 lbs ...

picked it up @ Harbor Freight....
  • TerminusVoxTerminusVox Senior Wagonist
    Not that I'd know but Revmaynard says the Jeep crowd replaces the cable on their winches with synthetic rope to save weight.
  • Not that I'd know but Revmaynard says the Jeep crowd replaces the cable on their winches with synthetic rope to save weight.

Yea I have read quite a bit about that. The sythetic is way lighter, floats, and won't kill you if it breaks. pretty expensive stuff though. just depends on what I find. If a winch I buy comes with it that is fine if not I don't really care cable is fine with me. I don't want a 8000 lb winch mounted to the front just a little 3-4k with a double line snatch block everytime you add a snatch block that double your pulling power.
  • duplicate posting
  • Well went off road last night. Went through a hole of water I've beenthrough a million times but this time ended catastrophic. Just rebuilt my engine over Christmas break. now the block is basically broke in half. giant hole on front and back of block on # 4 cylinder. I'm guessing bent rod last night then today while diagnosing what the engine noises were (light tapping noise a little louder than a valve) the engine let go. back to building another temp engine. anyway when the car stalled I popped the hood and pulled the intake tube lots of water in it water in oil. so no more off-road driving till lift, bigger tires, winch, and snorkel
    Keep your chin up, it's all part of the fun.
  • Sounds like a rough night.. It's an experience to learn from though.
  • I already started removing the engine. got pics for tomorrow. looks like the rod bent a little then started hitting either the cylinder skirt or girdle. epic chunks of aluminum from the block laying around in the engine bay.