Rebirth | wagon | rhd | k20a2 | jdm front

Comments

• starting to pull the engine and clean the wagon up in prep for the k series :)

put the engine into my crx so i could still have a car to drive around

200.jpg
    201.jpg
    202.jpg
    203.jpg
  • so ive already started to prep the bay for the swap. its been cold so i gave the filler a day to dry up. hopefully this weekend i could paint the frame rails and bracket and then install the engine. i dont think ill be prepping the engine because its just too many things to take off lol.

234.jpg

the piece on the floor is what i cut off the subframe to insure fitment on the header and the transmission.

235.jpg
    236.jpg

i then proceeded to remove the trans mount off the right said rail to prep for the hasport bracket.

237.jpg
    238.jpg
    239.jpg
    240.jpg
    241.jpg

i welded up all the holes and the center of the bracket. i will be leaving the 12mm bolts in place. i decided to not weld the outside of the bracket because the flux core looks like herpes. haha. but honestly, ive seen other chassis install the bracket without welding it. so i think ill be ok.

242.jpg
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Nice Work Dana! In for more updates.
  • thanks brother!

today i went to a toy drive charity event about 50 miles away. made it back home to prep and lay some paint down on the rails. i wouldnt say its half ass'd because i took all the necessary prep to paint it, but i did just bomb the base on it, 2 heavy and bombed the clear on it as well, 3 heavy, haha. hopefully condensation doesnt screw it up over night.

sanded
    249.jpg
    based
    250.jpg
    251.jpg
    cleared
    252.jpg
    253.jpg
    254.jpg
  • great progress man! k is gonna be fun, plus im in for the wagon truck!
  • i hope it will! i havent been NA for awhile!

i installed the engine sunday morning and started my fuel lines. when i finish some work on my friends crx, ill hopefully do some work before i get hired at tesla :X

30.jpg
    31.jpg

i want to ditch the ebay fpr and get possibly an aeromotive or hybrid-racing unit.

as for as the truck or i now call it "Baja Wagon" i am taking donations towards the build. stuff that i am missing such as rt4wd manual firewall harness forward, manual pedal assemble, shifter box, rear diff Axles..its a long shot but its worth a shot.
  • heres a some angles of the painted portion of the rails. remember that banged up right side mount bracket area, looks a ton better now.

58.jpg
    59.jpg
    60.jpg

redid my fuel line and now the fuel filter is nice and firm in place. last routing it was hanging out and moving all over the place. but heres the end result and i also uploaded a new episode "how to route fuel line"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYkM_B1DUuE

61.jpg
    62.jpg
    63.jpg
    Nice vid. "I'm hella drooling" ha ha. Ask santa for a head mount since no one is avail to help hold the camera when needed. Looking good
  • haha after viewing the footage it was a pretty cool 1st person view haha. i cousin got me this pretty cool polar pro promic! they didnt want tot wait til christmas because i was still recording, so they presented it to me early to use for my videos! AWESOMENESS !

96.jpg

installed the traction bar and axles earlier today. installed the header as well.

97.jpg
    98.jpg
    99.jpg

going to be reusing my scirocco radiator so i decided to weld this neck on instead of having it inline and slanted. tomorrow it should get welded up.

100.jpg
    101.jpg
    What brand traction bars you go with?
  • CitySushiCitySushi New Wagonist
    This wagon just keeps getting better and better! What's up with that wagon truck? I want to see more of that.
  • @prennro : its a full race pro street ive had since my sedan days.

@citysushi : ill snag some pix of it today. i havent touched it since warping the roof haha.
  • didnt snap a pix of the truck, it rained today. but i did get the fill neck welded at a buddies house. hopefully i am able to work on the car tomorrow.

104.jpg
  • wheres the new page?!
  • did what i could today. installed the shifter box and cables. found a few issues as well. first as i was test fitting the cable onto the shifter bracket that sits on top of the trans, i notice the bracket had been extended and rewelded, lmao. so i had to cut it and reweld it back to where the bracket is suppose to sit. now the shifter cables sit properly. missing one of the clips to hold it in place, but i made a clip from a washer, lol! temporary and it works great. after bolting up the shifter box in the tunnel, i had to route my cables to the trans and theres no other way but to cross over the header under the tunnel then to the trans. so that leaves me another issue! the raw rubber of the cable is literally resting on top of the header runners. i need to find some type of heat resistant heating sleeves to sleeve over the cables or use dei header wrap over the section that touches the cable. now another issue!!! the damn header tucks so close up in the tunnel that now the flange/header exit is aimed right at the shifter box. smfh. going to have to figure that one out next time im under the car.

other than that, i installed the radiator neck back onto the head. possible fab up the radiator brackets to hold the radiator up tomorrow.

110.jpg
    111.jpg
    112.jpg
    113.jpg
    114.jpg
    115.jpg
    116.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Love the work,
    K20's are my favorite Honda engine this far. Really enjoyed it in my EP3 Type-R.
  • thanks vladi. im hoping this will turn over without a hiccup and i hope this k20 would restore my lost files of NA, haha.

mounted my radiator today. tomorrow ill hopefully go find some hoses that would work, wire up my fans, grab some shock forks and put the car back on the ground.

150.jpg
    151.jpg
    152.jpg

Episode 3 is also uploaded onto my channel, be sure to check it out.

www.youtube.com/youngstatic
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    MY_EEWagon wrote: »
    thanks vladi. im hoping this will turn over without a hiccup and i hope this k20 would restore my lost files of NA, haha.

My friend has a DC5 Type R, with manifolds done, exhaust done and mapped and I'm sure that if you do these mods to the wagon that you forget the boosted life in a heartbeat.

6-speed gearbox really likes to make you work, especially on curved roads it's hard work while driving.:encouragement:

The vid;
    Wish I was that confident with wiring, every wire I cut is like choosing between the red and the blue wire on a bomb :nightmare:.
  • eventually, ill put in a bigger clutch, lsd and possibly swap the intake manifold/tb combo. just right now, i want to make it run.

today i was able to find some hoses at autozone/o'Reilly that worked with my radiator. also installed the weak ebay fan that i had lying around. i will make a shroud for it later or even run 2 fans, but right now, this will work.

153.jpg.
    154.jpg
    155.jpg
  • painted a spare valve cover WR Blue Mica from the subaru. then dropped it right after fml lmao

156.jpg
    157.jpg
    158.jpg
    159.jpg
    160.jpg
    161.jpg
  • today i mocked up the intake system ill be running. it will be a finished product of 3in and on a v-stack. may make another one that goes into the bay with an intake. but this was mocked to take to my friend to have him replicate it in new materials. the car should be back on the ground as soon as i swap my suspension from my crx. threw the bumper on today as well.

also, i tried playing around with the innovative cable to hydro and it looks hideous anywhere in the bay. cant put it in the wheel well or in the front bumper. so i think, i may do a hydro conversion at the pedals. who knows.

165.jpg
    166.jpg
    167.jpg
    168.jpg
  • scored some parts from the junkyard..i guess you can say i had a good run being the first person to touch the 2 modified cars that sat in the yard being there its second day. haha.

i am going to be using the front sway bar as soon as i figure out the size and get the bushings for it. no idea on the brand. the rear looks to be the ST 51149 sway bar with brackets that ill make work on the wagon. (had a rear sway on my rt and my current rt also has one) then i also will be trying to use the 11' brake setup as soon as i get some new dx knuckles since it doesnt fit over the EX hubs. snagged the fastbrake brackets with it and i also have the legend/itr calipers :D exciting.

182.jpg
    183.jpg
    184.jpg

already have skunk camber kits up front, so pictured are spares. some of the parts scored, brand new 68mm TB with thermo gasket, SS brake lines, Tanabe Sustec pro coilover system, innovative traction bar and shift linkage, ef9 headlights and bumper support, crx seat dash, carpet and cluster!
  • RandEERandEE Band Wagon
    Daaaaang!!! SUPER lucky! Wow.. I'm jealous haha. I never find any modded cars at my local junk yard, who would ever send their car off with all of those mods. Lol
  • the hatch seems to have either hit something or his hood flopped open and it ran into a pole of some sort. the front of the car shows indication of hitting a pole because his bumper and lip was split in half except the filler metal. the hood seemed to flopped open because its damaged as well as the windshield and roof . + the right rear 1/4 panel was damaged. the crx came in with no wheels on the trailer. may have been a reported stolen, got towed from a no parking and couldnt pay impound, who knows it was 100% complete no damage haha. better for me.

so i havent been doing any type of work on the wagon due to being hired at a new job. ive been in training all week and i will be starting my new 6am-6pm job next week. cant continue forth without money right? so it will be slow from these days forward. but i did managed to modify my throttle cable bracket. it mounted my cable crooked and it just had an extra bracket for an extra cable that i am not using. so i knocked it off, extended the shorter one and relocated my throttle cable under my intake manifold.

220.jpg
    221.jpg
    222.jpg
    223.jpg
    224.jpg
    225.jpg
  • got my harness done and delivered from CJSwiring! basic factory routing budget built harness. way better looking than the stock a2 harness with all the extra plugs hanging.

264.jpg
  • i had installed the innovative cable to hydro bracket for my transmission. after bleeding it, it has too much pedal play for me. secondly, i had no place to mount it. it sat temporary on top of my transmission. so i removed all of that and started to fab up my own Full hydro conversion bracket. HushPerformance doesnt have the rhd pedal setup and their lhd bracket doesnt fit iirc. not planning to spend few hundred to try and fit it. so far, everything is tacked up. probably tackle it again tomorrow.

275.jpg
    276.jpg
    277.jpg
    278.jpg
    279.jpg
    280.jpg
    281.jpg
    282.jpg

hope this all works out. if it came down to it, the bracket is removable and it the pedal assembly isnt modified much to be back in its original state.
  • qoremqorem Band Wagon
    Holy crap dude - just read through all this because I picked up a 91 rt4wd a few days ago and was looking for ideas.... I know I can't do the engine swaps like you can because my transmission currently limits me to d series unless I change to a crv tranny.

But I love it man, super clean work. Guess I need to start plugging away at mine like you have. Great work bro! Loved reading it and seeing the pictures and the transformation!
  • thanks Qorem!

so the hydro conversion is a success! it bleed out and the clutch pedal feels great! so hopefully allows me to shift into gear once the car is up and running.

you can see from eyeballing the bracket, it cleared the firewall barely!i installed the oil cooler water port fitting to stop flow of the coolant. installed the oil filter fitting as well so now my oil filter is able to screw onto. installed my WRB valve cover and i immediately fell in love!

84.jpg
    85.jpg
    86.jpg
    87.jpg

i hope to finally get it to start this weekend! (02/13-14/16)
    Continued excellent work Dana! Hope the custom assembly holds up as planned. Happy Valentines Day, I'm in love.
  • ALRIGHT GUYS AND GALS! : since the update, ive been trying to put hands on the car after work since my schedule has become very busy. but! if you have me on facebook or instagram, ive already got the car started! yes! i am very excited and pleased! so, in order, what i have done since the hydro bracket conversion, all that was left was to fill up the fluids and wire up the engine harness. did those and the car was ready to crank up. had my friend from Hawaii log onto team viewer from the computer to monitor and set parameters for the engine to fire up. (im in CA, hes also my tuner) so everything looked great and we primed the engine a few times, then it fired right up open header haha. sounded great up until the fuel rail decided it wanted to crack where the fuel pressure gauge was at. so i threw some "seal all" on it and it was a temp fix just to get the car up and dialed in so i could drive it to the dyno.

i threw a check engine light for o2 sensor and IAT sensor. got my buddy kel from KellyBuilt to build me a custom intake where i could flip up in the bay for a filter or down to a second piece out the front bumper with a v-stack. also on the intake, it has the Xenocron ASP IAT flange welded to it so i could have my iat sensor hooked up and reading. also bought the o2 sensor instead of installing the innovative wideband cause there was too many god damn wires haha. also got the fuel rail welded up and everything was reinstalled back into the car and fired up again this time with the fuel pressure set to 55psi at idle. so its now not dying on its own.

my exhaust system will consist of Vibrant Performance units. i will be running 3in vibrant streetpower muffler with their vibrant ultra quiet 14in resonator. hoping to get it installed 3-31-16. dyno is on the 1st of april and track is on april 10th. so i am hoping all is going to go well and all these plans fall through. so now with most of it being said, here are some pictures to keep you entertained. ENJOY!

120.jpg
    121.jpg
    122.jpg
    123.jpg
    124.jpg
    125.jpg
    126.jpg
    127.jpg
    128.jpg
    129.jpg
    130.jpg
    131.jpg