Rebirth | wagon | rhd | k20a2 | jdm front

Whats up. My Names Dana and i know My username here looks a bit familiar doesnt it? :P i Traveled allll the way from Hater-tech.com. Also known as "MY_EFsedan" over there. im very known over at that site for the ef sedan that i had built and still building. im taking a break from that car because i had blew up my ls vtec turbo. so now its just collecting dust and im collecting parts for it.

465.jpg

so my daily commuter has a bent valve and i needed a car right away because i needed to go work.

466.jpg

i had pulled the motor out of my DD (90 sedan EX) and started looking for a new car. i didnt want an Is300 cause modding that would cost me alot haha!

but i found a 1990 civic wagon on craigslist and it was the ONLY one on there at the time. he wasnt too far from me either. so i had called and worked with the price. it was @ $1200. i knew what i was looking at and what it needed to get it running/legit again. after a long talk on the phone, i got it down to $700 :) now if im going out there, im going to have to get it cause the distance traveled. when i got there, everything was as explained. but he didnt tell me about the auction/lien papers and the certificates that it needed to get it registered. so i talked him down again to $600. im convinced. i bought it.

What the car needed and fixed to get registration:
-windshield
-brakes
-cluster
-speedo cable
-hood cable
-corner blinkers didnt work
-rear trunk shocks
-hood hinge
-shifter is in half
-full tune up
-valve cover gasket kit
-DMV inspection
-Brake inspection
-Light inspection
-smog

here are some pictures before i bought it.
467.jpg
468.jpg
469.jpg

the car did have alot of dents and the 1/4 panel damage. for being in cali, this car has/had alot of rust. from rock chips to the bare metal expose from the accident etc. So lets get down to work. im about 2 months in with this car.

What the car has gotten changed/added:
first things first.
-new/used relay for the corner lights. they work now with new amber bulbs!
-new front blank rotors
-new front Raybestos brake pads, no break dust!
-new rear drums
-new rear brake shoes
-new windshield
-new valve color gasket set. this thing made my day. my car didnt start one day to find out the cylinder where the s.plugs go were filled with oil!!!
-new/used/cleaned distributor
-new s.plug wires
-new s.plugs
-new oil/filter
-new clutch
-new/used cluster (old had the gas gauge not working and rpm bounce)
-new/used speedo cable (old one just fell apart)
-new/used hood latch cable
-cleaned interior
-wink mirror
-led dome light
-rear speaker pods
-sony unit with 4 6.5 speakers
-hood bra
-1st gen teggy lip
-driver side rear door molding with clips
-brake inspection certificate
-light inspection certificate
-DMV inspection certificate
-SMOG'd and Registered!!

some pictures for viewing pleasures
470.jpg
471.jpg

im happy that they reused my oem stripping!
472.jpg
473.jpg
474.jpg
475.jpg
476.jpg

soon after i took the motor out my old DD, i took the suspension out as well. stock shocks with ebay coilovers and extended to hats all around. rides pretty smooth except im maxed in the rear with a 2 finger gap :( my cousin got a job now and he will be getting FFtype1 suspension and he will be giving me back my TEIN Basic! so i can dump the wagon some more!!
477.jpg
itouch
478.jpg

then i figured, lets get this thing painted because there are alot of shows/meets coming up and my turbo sedan isnt going to be ready. so i got down with the body work. these pictures are not in 1 day. it was being worked on over a 1 month frame
479.jpg
480.jpg
481.jpg
482.jpg
483.jpg
484.jpg
485.jpg

the hood here had huge dents that i used a slide hammer to pull out and repaired
486.jpg
487.jpg

488.jpg
489.jpg
490.jpg
491.jpg
492.jpg
493.jpg
494.jpg
495.jpg
496.jpg
497.jpg
498.jpg
499.jpg
500.jpg

shit happens. i was rolling my fender and i keep see cracks. under my bondo repair was a world of other bondos! so i kinda..gave away.
501.jpg
got new mint fenders and a rear filler piece.
502.jpg
503.jpg

heres the car as of wedensday 3/9/11
504.jpg
505.jpg

the car is 95% done. i just need to work with the 1/4 panel and its ready to go to paint. i got my new tires and my wheels should be on its way April 1st. the B20vtec is being prepped right now and im going to buy an AC bracket for the Bseries (YES I HAVE AC!) then the motor goes in.

IF you stick around, i guarantee that this thread will have so many picture, it would keep you busy on a boring day! :D dont believe me? check out my EF Sedan build >HERE<

Also, i know this isnt the f/s section, but im looking for rear 2wd mud guard. if you have any lying around, pm me. thanks!

Comments

• love the build, good luck!
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    Thats alot of work, looks good though! B series is pretty nice with all the extra torque.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    ahhh i see whatcha got going on here.... what happened to crx front end on sedan??
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    good work and great looking wagon... can't wait to see more...
  • DarinDarin Wagonist
    nice work.the more you drive it the more you will love it.
  • realtime: thank you!

alexander: its alot of work, but ive done this a long time now. and today, i dont have a job anymore so it keeps me busy.

billboard: Whats up!! i miss my brothers wagon. its about time i get one. tired of having 2 sedans haha! i just got my crx fenders 3 days ago and yesterday i started cutting them up. i do not have a welder, but everything is getting mocked up. its still going to happen!!

unlimited: thanks ! stick around, you wont be disappointed.

darin: thanks! driving it alot is what im afraid of. im afraid that i'd love this car too much that im going to abandon my turbo sedan..or even take those parts and put it in the wagon :X
  • AaronAaron Wagonist
    Let me guess, your going to do a rustoleum $50 paint job? lol saw all your work on honda-tech, looking good man
  • no sir, its going to a paint shop :D
  • wyld kardz ee2wyld kardz ee2 Senior Wagonist
    What color are you going to paint your wagon?
  • same color.
  • AaronAaron Wagonist
    Your actually sending it to a paint shop?! damn lol
  • SLC_SHUTTLESLC_SHUTTLE New Wagonist
    Sweet cant wait to see more updates
  • wagonef8wagonef8 Wagonist
    haha starting reading this, and my first tought was Rustoleum
  • jchen360jchen360 Wagonist
    Dope. I've seen your handy work on HT. I'm a fan of your sedan. I'm anxious to see how this wagon will turn out.
  • ladiesman917ladiesman917 New Wagonist
    Stoked to see more! :mrgreen:
  • DarinDarin Wagonist
    yeah man thats the problem, i already want to take all the shit off my drag car and put it in the wagon.
  • I'm in to see this one
  • Aaron: yes its going to the paint shop. im too lazy to setup and shoot it myself. plus the weather isnt too good.

SLC: stick around! more updates soon!

wagonef8: haha yea well when my name "my_efsedan" comes up, its the $50pj guy haha!

popo: thanks! the sedan is under going alot of things. and the wagon is getting some serious work right now. the wheels are going to be shipped out soon and the car is almost ready for paint.

ladiesman: stick around bro!

darin: im trying to get the wagon done asap because if i take too long on it then more ideas just keeps coming to mind you know what i mean..haha

lost: whats up bro! i was wondering what happened to everyone over on h-t..now i know! haha.

my brothers old wagon with b20vtec that he loved and had to sell.
    541.jpg
    542.jpg
    543.jpg
  • ogwagonogwagon Wagonist
    Great build so far. I remember seeing your sedan on the H-T turbo EF thread and asked you some questions regarding your manifold/downpipe. I really liked your setup for its simplicity/effectiveness. Your turbo sedan is what got me interested in possibly turbo charging my LS/Vtec wagon somewhere down the line. Good luck with this project. I also have a set of slightly used(6 months old)Function/Form type 1's from my wife's daily driven wagon that I was thinking of selling. Let me know if you're interested. :wink:
  • thanks! i should sold that manifold setup but its gone and im in need/want a topmount for my sedan since its going to be a show/race car. ive only seen 1 turbo wagon around here and i dont even know if it still exist. if i a top mount and my qwk4 manifold set still i would boosted the wagon. maybe haha! huge maybe cause i dont have a job anymore. but give a price for the f1 cause my cousin still has my tein basic on his ferio and its made for that car..i want something made for the wagon.
  • moebiiusmoebiius Wagonist
    san jose? i recognize the autobody place lolz!!
  • yes sir!

last night i stayed up til like 2 in the morning finishing up the rest of the bodywork on the 1/4 panel. i swear it was a b!tch. but i got it done. this pix wasnt the final before primering but shows how many times i had to correct and fill.
    654.jpg

heres all primered. 3 coats to hide the bondo and enough to not show when i went sand.
    655.jpg

i also worked the passenger fender. sanded with 180 after scraping off the pinstripe and the residue from the stripping thats on the fender.
    656.jpg

decided to sleep cause my neighbors moved down the street into a 1 story home and their previous house was 2 stories. i stopped @ 2am cause i kept looking into the room upstairs if i saw someone standing there :X (yes i believe in paranormals) but the next morning i finished primering and removing everything removable. car was wetsand final with 400grits and off to maccos!

got a deal for 299 for presidentials with extra intergrated clear coat for a total of $470. im happy.
    657.jpg
    658.jpg

dropped the car off and this is what i used to get home :)
    659.jpg
    660.jpg
  • AaronAaron Wagonist
    lookin awesome!
  • DarinDarin Wagonist
    nice job on the body work.i hate body work so much it pains me to see my body guy even work on my car.but i also cant wait to get the rest of mine done too.
  • aaron: thanks! im excited to see the car friday hopefully

darin: thanks. im actually the 1/4 panel came out better than i expected. its not the greatest but its better. (looking @ the 4th image going up on my last post of pix compared to the 3rd wagon pix posted in the my 1st post) its hard work. ive done this for quite awhile now. ive always messed up bad and incorrect sanding. then my cousins uncle helped me on my sedan last sept getting it ready for paint. he has 8 years experience before getting another job. taught me alot. now lets see how it is when my car comes back!
  • jdmef1313jdmef1313 Band Wagon
    cars super clean man im hoping to pick up my first wagon here in the next week or two!
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    Its looking awesome
  • 1313: thanks bro. looking forward to your new ride. you will f'n love it.

1988: thanks!
  • going to go pick up my car today!
  • woot woot!

724.jpg

ok, take a look at the rear bumper. if you look at my previous picture post before paint, i had green tape on my bumpers. which indicates that part should be black. i did that around the whole car and everything had stayed black. the rear bumper for some damn reason was painted over my "taping" and half my molding is painted white. we complained about it and such and he had told me to come back in on monday, they will sand and redo my trim as he took the blame for not fully looking at that. (he said he thought it was taped off already) Free of charge. im cool about that. everything else is clean besides maccos wacko masking job. im pretty happy.