Simplyhonda's RT-4WD

1121314151618»

Comments

• simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    My day off, home alone was a success. Even though I woke up to 26 degrees, I braved the cold and got er' done. New headlights are in!

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    What a hawty. :love-struck: Looks great!
    Got to try them out on the way to work this morning. Fantastically bright!
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    You are brave or I'm a sissy!! haha Gets below 50degress here and I'm on the coouch! ok I may just be lazy! looking good!! I love the color. My first RT was that color! But I'm more of a blue guy! Must be sweet looking down the hood and seeing that mean bullbar while driving!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    slo88crx wrote: »
    You are brave or I'm a sissy!! haha Gets below 50degress here and I'm on the coouch! ok I may just be lazy! looking good!! I love the color. My first RT was that color! But I'm more of a blue guy! Must be sweet looking down the hood and seeing that mean bullbar while driving!
    Or it's just a Floridian thing. Once it goes under 50 degrees, deuces. Lol.
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    SPW wrote: »
    Or it's just a Floridian thing. Once it goes under 50 degrees, deuces. Lol.

HAHA yes exactly!!
    OK, it's literally been like forever since I have been on here. I am still alive! I don't dislike wagons now or anything. I just stay busy with many other facets of life. In fact, I probably love my wagon more than ever. I still drive it everyday and service her regularly. Aside from that, not much has changed with her. A lot of other stuff has gone on though. A lot of you follow me on social media. IG @whg423 and alike. For those that don't, hers a quick rundown. Lot's of buying and selling.

I sold my Haul camper and my 1979 Civic To fund purchase of my new 1977 Airstream Argosy. Which I bought on Ebay and drove from NC to Michigan to pick up.
    8.jpg
    5.jpg
    9.jpg

I needed a tow vehicle, So... I bought this sweet 1991 Suburban with the 454 of local craigslist. It was a cool ride. and I hooked it up with some killer Colorado mudflaps. It was a sweet vintage combo.
    2.jpeg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg

I towed the camper with it twice and a car with it once. It overheated every time. Also it got 6 MPG which hurt. So, after only six weeks and about 600 miles I listed on eBay and off it went to Indiana (minus the mudflaps)
    Bye Suburban you were cool, but didn't make the cut.
    12.jpg
    (actual pic of new owner driving it away)

While this was going on, Someone hit me up on the Landcruiser forum want to buy my Landcruiser. I had no intentions of selling it. I love that truck. but he slid an offer on the table I couldn't refuse. I guess everything is for sale after all. so...
    Bye Landcruiser
    Both of those were gone within two weeks of each other. It was crazy!
    13.jpg
    (actual pic of new owner driving it away)

Now after a hearty profit from Suburban and a GD boatload of cash from the cruiser, I still needed a truck. Figured I'd step up the towing game and go for my first diesel. After much research I settled on a stupid clean 2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 with 96,000 miles.
    Again a sight unseen eBay purchase. Shipped all the way from Texas. It's like a suburban but better. just not as ballin'
    14.jpg15.jpg

I love it! It tows anything with ease.
    16.jpg

Needless to say, we've been camping a lot!
    17.jpg

Airstream and Excursion need a home so, that happened...
    Actually started right after I bought the camper. It took a year working on and off but My dad and I built it all ourselves using salvaged materials mostly. Kinda proud of this.
    18.jpg19.jpg3.jpeg

So there is a rundown of toys bought and sold. Everything I sold made me sad, everything I bought made me happy. Fair trades and lessons learned. You don't have to hold on to the same old you, Make changes, do different stuff, have fun. You only live once. Except your wagon, keep your wagon!
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Great summary Billy. As a regular follower on IG, and as guilty of not updating my build thread on here, I would agree you should be proud of the hard work and end results of the present and agree even more your closing statements are oh so true! Thanks for the continued inspiration. I hope our paths cross one day.
    But wait, I did a lot Honda Stuff too!!

Been extremely busy at work building the world's most advanced light jet. :)

20.jpg4.jpeg
    5.jpeg

Bought my son, who is now 15, his first Honda. It's a 1991 EF hatch I picked up off a co worker for $700
    It has been fun teaching him to wrench on it. He is hooked. We did timing belt, water pump, tune up, oil change, body work, interior gut and clean, Engine detail, paint valve cover, you know the drill. And Now it is about ready to go to paint.
    He has really gotten his hands dirty and learned a lot. Good times.
    6.jpeg
    21.jpg
    22.jpg23.jpg

Bought a nice little RT and turned it over to a friend of mine to help him get in the game.
    7.jpeg24.jpg

Got a parts CRX and been slowly reworking mine back from hibernation
    25.jpg

Picked up a Honda generator for camping. It is AWESOME!! nice little discount - perks of the job. Only new Honda I have ever bought.
    8.jpeg

And Of corse, I have taken lots of wagon pics along the way.
    26.jpg

So, that's my life, that's where I've been, and that's what I've been doing. Hopefully I'll stick around a little longer this time. I'm sure there are a lot of new faces! Welcome All, I'll try to do some catching' up.
  • mistahjoemistahjoe New Wagonist
    That is a nice EF!

"Except your wagon, keep your wagon!"

Cracked up on that one.
  • "Except your wagon, keep your wagon!"

^^^^^^^^ I LOVE that too. Nice updates. Being employed in aerospace and a wagon owner I've been following the Honda Jet all along. It is nice to see it finally flying around and selling.
    Been a Loooooong time since I bought any wagon goodies. Got a nice package in the mail all the way from Hungry today.

35.jpg

It held two items I had wanted forever. A set of Shuttle roof rails and a set or EDM all weather rummer floor mats! I am stoked! I got the mats washed up and installed. The rails will have to wait but I'll get there.

36.jpg

37.jpg
    38.jpg

39.jpg

Wife got a new toy this week too. 07' Fit Sport. I'm already in love with it! 1 owner 99,000 mile car.

14.jpeg

40.jpg
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    Man just read through this whole thread and wow awesome work!!! Hope one day my wagon will get on this level haha
    Hello again! I am still alive and doing Wagon, Honda and various other car related things.
    The wagon as sen a lot of love lately. She had a timing belt tensioner lock up and melt the timing belt. I caught it just in time! so, new timing belt after 40,000 miles.

I also recently went through an entire electrical gremlin issue. This has been a three month ordeal.. After several headlight bulbs, one Alternator rebuild, 2 ECU's, 2 ELD', A complete regrounding of the entire
    engine bay, I was able to solve an overcharging issue to the tune of 19.1V. It turned out to be not one, but two bad voltage regulators. I have also recently changed out a faulty cooling fan and replaced the
    ole' distributor O-ring. She is still my daily driver and I am still giving her the love she deserves. Tomorrow she'll be at 246,000 and still going strong. You know as always, I have taken some pics along the way.
    She is just so damn good looking.

Wagon got to meet Hondapro Jason and his New type R the day after he bought it. He drove into town to check out and do a video on the Hondajet
    So We got to go grab a burger! and yes, I got to drive the R with only 700 miles on the clock.
    We've done some other things too, Me and the ole' wagon.
    We picked up a utility trailer to restore.

Then me wagon and utility trailer picked up a sweet Trail 90. It was short lived though. Cool bike, but title issues and a desire to live made me pass it along to the next guy quickly.

The wife and I went on a sweet Kayak trip

We've bought Christmas trees and seen snow.
    I have done some cosmetic upgrades as well.

Repainted the valve cover when timing belt crapped out.

Cleaned and tidied up the engine bay.

And the greatest upgrade of all, I was finally able to source a perfect, almost new rear cargo carpet!!
    So Happy to have this part of the wagon looking fresh!

Think that catches up to date on the most recent wagon happenings!
    More wagon goodness to follow as always!
  • Dash-N-CarsDash-N-Cars Senior Wagonist
    Man clean brown interior is just gd beautiful. :cat:
  • Did Billboard sell you that from his hoard?!? Man, looks great. I am always amazed when someone picks up a part to these wagons that is nearly new. Love it.
    arries289 wrote: »
    Did Billboard sell you that from his hoard?!? Man, looks great. I am always amazed when someone picks up a part to these wagons that is nearly new. Love it.

I actually stumbled across it on ebay. Wasn’t even searching for it. It found me.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Looking good my man! Love seeing your posts on my fb feed lol.

When are the Euro rails going on?
    wagodizzle wrote: »
    Looking good my man! Love seeing your posts on my fb feed lol.

When are the Euro rails going on?

Another lucky Wagon owner has taken possession of those. I am too used to my Yakima and I couldn’t stand the thought of putting holes in my roof.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Understood, it was terrifying to say the least lol
  • Zwierzak89Zwierzak89 New Wagonist
    Brown interior =-O i love it <3

Well folks it’s been a fun ride with my baby for 10 years. But it is now time to pass the torch. Someone please take good care of her.

See ad in the for sale section.

• BillBoardBillBoard council member

Speaking from personal experience.

Don't.