• 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Looking amazing as always

glad to see the exhaust going to a great wagon enthusiast
  • does that por15 dry quick?

and nice wagon. going to read this next chance i get
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    does that por15 dry quick?

and nice wagon. going to read this next chance i get

POR-15 dries to 3-5 hours says the can I think it's like 24 for sanding. I allowed 1-3 hours between coats.

This is me loaded down for paint! Yep folks, ready as she's going to be. I have a busy schedule lined up but hoping if the weather holds out I can get over to my buddy's garage this weekend! A few light prep things to do before taping up but I'm ready to roll. Is it Perfect? No. Will it ever be? No. I am fine however it turns out. There is no more rust holes, few to no dents, and everything will match! Stoked! :redface:

263.jpg
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    Like Chip said, I am glad that the exhaust has gone to a good home! Hope everything with paint goes well. Keep up the great work!
  • chuckshinchuckshin Wagonist
    Amazing progress!
    Had to move the wagon to the shed until paint. Must do some radiator hose repair on the CRX tomorrow.

277.jpg

Not to fret though, Look what I picked up today!! 3 qts of PPG goodness!

YR87M Laguna Gold Poly

My buddy has an account at the paint store and saved me $23 a qt!
    Still $160 worth of paint though. Worth it's weight in gold! :surprise:

278.jpg

279.jpg

280.jpg
    The weekend is upon us. Headed over to my buddy's garage today t do work! Noticed this on the way. Takes real love to work this hard on a car with 193,000. Most "normal" people would have junked their car long ago. Not Us!

318.jpg

Made it over and got right to work! Cleaning, final touchups, and about three hour of taping!

319.jpg

320.jpg

321.jpg

322.jpg

323.jpg

324.jpg

Ready to make magic happen in the morning! Rest well Little wagon.

325.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    i am excited!!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    I'm so thrilled! Almost getting there!
    I'm so thrilled! Almost getting there!

Almost?? Buddy I'm there :)
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    Chive on brotha!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    So, it's morning here in Europe..

Any updates?! ;P
    Got up early this morning and went right over to paint! I put on five coats of base with a wet sand 600 grit between coats 4 & 5. Followed up by three coats of clear. The stars must have been allinged just perfect because it turned out fantastic! There are a few spots here and there, one bug incident, and I dropped the bumper and scraped it a bit, but overall I am thrilled for a backyard amateur paint job! Of course I took pics!

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

337.jpg

338.jpg

339.jpg

340.jpg

341.jpg

342.jpg

343.jpg

344.jpg

345.jpg

346.jpg

Got it home today too!
    Started putting the back back together.

347.jpg

348.jpg

349.jpg

350.jpg

Must stop here for the night. I'm exhausted but happy. More pics to come!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    My goodness! Sexy!
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    Looks amazing! ��
  • I am sooo jealous, you got yours painted before i did... Who shot the paint, They did an awesome job... Now you can put those clips to use and get the rain gutters back on the windows
    I am sooo jealous, you got yours painted before i did... Who shot the paint, They did an awesome job... Now you can put those clips to use and get the rain gutters back on the windows

Me & my dad shot it. Came out better than we expected. Third car we've painted this summer (and hopefully last) Think we're learning a thing or two.
    One step ahead of you....Clips already in! Thanks again! :encouragement:

351.jpg
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    Saw the pics on FB when I got home from work! Looking sweeeeeeeeeeet!
    This afternoon saw some reassembly progress. Got about half way there! Had to stop because Friday, my Father-In-Law brought me a FREE! rolling toolbox filled with tools and junk. They are shutting down the plant he works in and since he has been there for over 30 years, he got dibs on a bunch of stuff. It has been staring at me all weekend and I havn't had a chance to fool with it. So... Had to take a break from the wagon and clean it out. Top drawer was FULL of allen wrenches. If I had to guess, I'd say 600-700 of them! Other goodies were some scissors, files, punches etc. No real tools such as wrenches or screwdrivers but I'm stoked just to have a free toolbox! There was also a drawer full of feeler gauge stock, so if anyone needs any, Let me know!
    Crappy pic...
    385.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Wagon looks great!
  • chuckshinchuckshin Wagonist
    Amazing updates. Congrats on the new paint and tools. Awesome!
    Got mostly reassembled today. Also..
    Rode over to my buddy's house & got a new sticker made up. Glad to have that back on :)

408.jpg

409.jpg

Started mounting up this Bullbar. 1st, Center bracket.

410.jpg

411.jpg

Hmm... How to make this lip work?? Lets try this.
    Mark it.

412.jpg

Hole saw.

413.jpg

That looks awesome!

414.jpg

Clean it up a bit with file.

415.jpg

Clean fit! I like it.

416.jpg

417.jpg

DAMN! Forgot about the skid plate! :nightmare:

Oh well, so much for all that time reinforcing the lip and cutting out nice indents for the bar!
    Bye!!

418.jpg

419.jpg

Real trial & error situation.
    Ok, enough aggravation for one day. Back at it tomorrow!
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Oh darn! You had to forget the skid plate! It looked great. Did you wire up the fog lights already?
    No, I'll do the wiring later. Just trying to get it back on the road for now.
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    The color looks great! Very clean. This is going to be cool.
    very awesome!!! This thread moves, I like the bullbar update, but now put the rest of the car back together and give me some glamour shots!
    Bulbar is on!! I like how the two mini side lips ended up after all. Not so sure on the amber fogs behind the bar. I'll see if it grows on me.

431.jpg

432.jpg

Just had her first bath to get all the sanding & bodywork dust off. All back together except the interior. Waiting to see what happens on a roofrack first.

433.jpg
    looks smoking hot.

I don't like the foglights that are covered by the bull bars' bars...

and I think removal of the lip might be necessary, maybe refab a new on with the bull bar installed- just my opinion...

Otherwise! hot damn she looks beautiful!

*edit

also all the black trim needs polished or freshened up, because the new paint makes it look dull... damn new paint!
  • bull bar looks sweet.

i wonder if a crv bull bar mounts up?
    BillBoard wrote: »
    looks smoking hot.

I don't like the foglights that are covered by the bull bars' bars...

and I think removal of the lip might be necessary, maybe refab a new on with the bull bar installed- just my opinion...

Otherwise! hot damn she looks beautiful!

*edit

also all the black trim needs polished or freshened up, because the new paint makes it look dull... damn new paint!

Black is all shined up now, that was just directly after the wash.

Out for maiden voyage!

437.jpg