Simplyhonda's RT-4WD

Comments

• simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Hey!! I'm still alive! Updates have been few but me and the wagon are alive and well.
    The wife has had the wagon for a while since her Element has a burnt valve and has been down for
    head work. At least I have other fun stuff to drive! I am ready to have my wagon back though Grrrr….

Saturday I took it for a treat and bought it a set of tires! It was in dire need.
    A brand new set of Michelins back to stock size!
    It sure does ride nice now.

95.jpg
    96.jpg
    97.jpg
    98.jpg

Sunday I washed the Honda fleet! Minus the Element though :(

99.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    The fleet looks marvelous. I have been following you on IG love what your doing to the land cruiser also.
    Took the family up on the Blue Ridge Parkway for a Sunday drive yesterday. Blew a hose on the drive. Pulled over at an overlook and when I turned around, saw steam. Thank god for AAA. Got a 61 mile tow back home.
    Membership just paid for itself! If you haven't replaced your hoses by 200K, consider ordering some today and get it done! I am pretty good at preventative maintenance, but I let that slide. Got to order some hoses!

311.jpg

312.jpg

313.jpg

314.jpg

315.jpg

316.jpg

317.jpg

318.jpg
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Dang! Glad thats all it was. Poor Wagon...Bet that land cruiser has new hoses ;)
    I think everything I own will have new hoses now!
    Im sure your garden will be happy now too ;) ha ha
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    I hadn't gotten a chance to take pictures of this thing in a long time. Glad to see you last weekend! Cheers.
    343.jpg
    344.jpg
    ^^Great pics as always buddy! Sorry I had to bail on you early, felt shitty about it.^^ Karma got me with the hose I suppose!

New hoses on order! Got them all OEM from Honda (work) except the lower radiator hose. It was out of stock…Go figure. It's OK,
    Sourced it elsewhere.

In the mean time while I wait, I decided to refresh my valve cover. It had been bothering me for a long time. As you can see here, it was looking rough.

349.jpg

Got it stripped down and cleaned up!

350.jpg

Wrinkle black - pre-wrinkle. Mmmm…… Shiny!

351.jpg

Might as well tend to this issue too. Damnit I hate upholstery work! Oh well, gotta be done!

352.jpg

353.jpg

354.jpg

It was time to show the wagon a little love!!
    Got my hoses in the other day at work.
    Replaced every heater/radiator hose in the engine bay. Hoses set me back about $80.
    What a Pain that job was! Especially the ones at the firewall! Job took about 5 hours start to finish.
    Nice knowing they are new. Radiator will probably crap out next.

Also got the valve cover cured and back on. It didn't wrinkle quite right, but it looks better than it did.
    It has been real humid here and I think that had something to do with it.

New air filter, antifreeze, lubed up the hood latch, and patched up the center console where it had busted.

Wagon Love!
    355.jpg
    She is coming along. All buttoned up! I should get the seat done tomorrow. :)

On another note! My dad picked up this project on craigslist today. Burnt valve, needs a new top, and minor body work.
    But it was a STEAL!! And overall looks pretty good Just needs love. This is going to be fun!!

480.jpg
    481.jpg
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Grrrrr. This is exactly what I am looking for. I need an S2000 project.
    Awesome. Can't wait to see it running. :encouragement:
  • kingxcorekingxcore Band Wagon
    ill be moving to boone nc in 3 weeks looks like ill be replacing my rad hoses.
  • 9k redline FTW! I wouldnt trade my S2k for nothing.
    Chaife wrote: »
    Grrrrr. This is exactly what I am looking for. I need an S2000 project.
    Awesome. Can't wait to see it running. :encouragement:

She's already over at my buddies' shop. Burnt valve on Cyl 4 and small head gasket leak. Everything caught in time.
    Should be up and running good as new in no time!
    Just more pics...

Engine all buttoned up!!

6.jpg

7.jpg

Center console repair

8.jpg

Interior in process… It gets worse before it gets better.

9.jpg
    10.jpg
  • Good to see some updates from you bud, wagon is looking great as usual. My EDM console had two broken tabs like that as well, easy fix though! We all need to get together soon and cruise to a meet or something.
    Thanks! So down! Let's do it.
    So… Center console back in, interior all cleaned up, and wife patched the seat tonight.
    I'll get that put back on tomorrow and be ready to hit the streets once again.
    Funny how you really start to miss your wagon even if its just down for a short time.
    Well, right after I backed out of the garage from the hose repair, Speedometer cable snapped. Assuming I put it in a bind when routing the new hoses. That's been about three weeks now I have been without my speedometer. It has sucked. I am real anal about keeping tabs on my mileage, fuel mileage, etc… Not to mention the Christmas tree of lights illuminating on the dash. For those who don't know, a broke speedometer cable trips a check engine code OBD1 code 17 VSS (vehicle speed sensor) and causes the transmission S4 light (automatic) to flash intermittently. Real annoying!
    Ordered my new cable at work last week and it arrived today! This, after being told that these were no longer available from Honda. I did some digging around on the computers at work and found that the old part # had been discontinued. It has been replaced by this:

346.jpg

Another reason to love my job.

Anyway, right after work I got on it. Took about an hour. Not really as bad of a job as I had anticipated. Now I have knowledge of my speed, my mileage, and no more F-ing warning lights!!
    That new cable is so buttery smooth! The needle has no vibration, Bounce, or rattle! A $23 well spent. Really couldn't be any happier!

347.jpg

348.jpg

Oh, and never posted a pic of my new seat patch. Kinda stands out, but better than a tear and I can live with it!

349.jpg

Still love that Palmy Brown after all this time!
    Speaking of all this time, I just celebrated four years of wagon ownership this past week! Yay!
    Well, right after I backed out of the garage from the hose repair, Speedometer cable snapped. Assuming I put it in a bind when routing the new hoses. That's been about three weeks now I have been without my speedometer. It has sucked. I am real anal about keeping tabs on my mileage, fuel mileage, etc… Not to mention the Christmas tree of lights illuminating on the dash. For those who don't know, a broke speedometer cable trips a check engine code OBD1 code 17 VSS (vehicle speed sensor) and causes the transmission S4 light (automatic) to flash intermittently. Real annoying!
    Ordered my new cable at work last week and it arrived today! This, after being told that these were no longer available from Honda. I did some digging around on the computers at work and found that the old part # had been discontinued. It has been replaced by this:

346.jpg

Another reason to love my job.

Anyway, right after work I got on it. Took about an hour. Not really as bad of a job as I had anticipated. Now I have knowledge of my speed, my mileage, and no more F-ing warning lights!!
    That new cable is so buttery smooth! The needle has no vibration, Bounce, or rattle! A $23 well spent. Really couldn't be any happier!

347.jpg

348.jpg

Oh, and never posted a pic of my new seat patch. Kinda stands out, but better than a tear and I can live with it!

349.jpg

Still love that Palmy Brown after all this time!
    Speaking of all this time, I just celebrated four years of wagon ownership this past week! Yay!
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    Thanks @simplyhonda! I don't have to go hunting for the Honda part number now. I'm in need of a new speedo cable and will prob stop by ron tonkin honda tomorrow to put in an order....
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Palmy brown rules.

And congratulations on your 4 year anniversary ;)
  • chaoschaos New Wagonist
    complete restoration...I love it!! Definitely a good read. And nice work bringing your wago back to life!
    Haven't updated in a while. Driving the wagon everyday though as was meant to be! Just some Wagon adventure pics from recent travels.

Spotted a few Wagons along the way

13.jpg

300.jpg

14.jpg

298.jpg

15.jpg

296.jpg

297.jpg

Trips to the Blue Ridge Parkway:

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Occasionally stopping for gas, a wash and oil change.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Saw one of my favorite bands last night. Yonder Mountain String Band! Parked in front of their bus. Had to snap a pic!

23.jpg

24.jpg

Now Fall is upon us & I'm looking forward to some winter driving!

25.jpg

Happy travels!
    Love the Wagon Adventures. At the rate of these cold fronts, you should have some snow soon.
  • This build has inspired me to start my wagon project!
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Really love this wagon, nothing can really beat a nice clean but relativly OEM looking wagon! Just makes me want to own one and keep completly original
    Thanks Guys! I love my wagon too. I know I have not been too active on here lately. I'm just busy with work and life and not a lot of time to sit at the computer. Hopefully in 2015 I can find more time. I am still driving the wagon daily Just turned 210,000 miles!
    Just tore apart my driver's side window regulator and lubed it up real good since it had quit working. Works good as new now!
    A quick fix and a good start to another year of wagoning!
    Just got a sweet set of headlights in from "SPW" today. Can't wait to get them installed and be able to see again.
    The Blacked out headlights look really cool, but functionality is terrible. Glad to see them go. The'll be up for grabs if anyone wants them.
    I actually have the day off tomorrow so hopefully I can get them installed and have brighter days ahead!

125.jpg