1991 RT4WD From Idaho

We bought the car for $300. Nothing is wrong with it mechanically besides the power steering leak.

The wagon is a father and son project.

When my dad brought it home
380.jpg

381.jpg
382.jpg
We cleaned the dash, took the door panels out and the seats.
383.jpg

Here are some pictures of back how dirty the interior was
384.jpg
385.jpg

We cleaned the carpet.
386.jpg

We took out the old exhaust and muffler.
387.jpg

A new muffler and exhaust should be here on june 19th

Many more pictures and stuff in the future! We plan on putting new wheels tires suspension paint and many more things in the future:cool:

Comments

• Initial post pics are broke dude, for the signals and stuff start hitting up ebay. It's your best friend for stuff like that. There are currently a right and left turn signal on there. $55ish a pop with shipping. Otherwise check out the buy/sell section of the forum.
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Thanks. I don't understand why my pictures won't show up. :disturbed:
  • It's because you linked to the photobucket webpage itself not the image URL

For instance you have
    http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/musababa2001/media/IMG_0291_zps57fb849f.jpg.html
    When it should be
    http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s620/musababa2001/IMG_0291_zps57fb849f.jpg

On the right hand side in photobucket you'll see a field for "Direct" that's the url you want to grab and use.
  • beastmodebeastmode Senior Wagonist
    91 RT4WD wrote: »

Look up ef parts on facebook and instagram he own's a yard full of only EF's and he buy's and sells rare honda access/gathers parts. His contact is listed on his front page.
    Thanks guys I just updated my pictures.
  • Ooooo under hood pad, nice. Nice cleanup on the carpet, I need to do that myself. I've been lazy =(
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    beastmode wrote: »
    Look up ef parts on facebook and instagram he own's a yard full of only EF's and he buy's and sells rare honda access/gathers parts. His contact is listed on his front page.

They are a rip off, better to go elsewhere unless literally nowhere else has it
  • What exhaust are you going with? Anything in particular or just stock setup?
    What exhaust are you going with? Anything in particular or just stock setup?
    Its just a $140 ebay exhaust I will post some pictures later today.
  • 91ee491ee4 New Wagonist
    Nice deal at $300!
  • unc25unc25 New Wagonist
    Looks like a steal for $300!!

Did you take the carpet out to clean it?
    If you left it in, what/howd you get it clean?
    unc25 wrote: »
    Looks like a steal for $300!!

Did you take the carpet out to clean it?
    If you left it in, what/howd you get it clean?

We didn't take it out. We bought carpet cleaner from Home Depot and used a big scrubbing brush and scrubbed the carpet with the cleaner mixed with water. After that we vacumed the water out. Make sure your vacume can have water in it so it doesn't break.
  • Yep, that's a great way to do it, so much so that I was considering buying one of those rug doctor machines myself.
    Well the exhaust I ordered didn't fit :disturbed: so we are going to buy a stock one that is brand new :smug:.

Here are some pictures of the exhaust that doesn't fit
    435.jpg

Here is a random picture
    436.jpg
  • Bummer, I've had that happen with a few things. I do like that you have the painted bumpers, that's nice.
    We gave the wagon a good wash and I cleaned all the plastic. It looks great.
    442.jpg
    443.jpg
    444.jpg
    Also today in 2 hours we are going to a local muffler shop so they install a muffler and exhaust. Really excited.;)
    Here is the new muffler
    561.jpg
    562.jpg
  • Im back guys I was on vacation in Croatia, Bosna, Serbia, and Slovenia! Here are some things I have done to the wagon.

-New hatch struts (idk what it's called)
    -New parking brake
    -New Exhaust tip
    -The car came with an iphone plug.
    138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

142.jpg

Next we are getting the power steering replaced, then the dents out, after that it is getting painted. While its getting painted the rt wheels will get powder coated.
  • chaoschaos New Wagonist
    Where in Idaho are you? I dunno if I have seen this wagon around in the treasure valley!! Looks good so far. Are you on any of the local forums? IMS or Honda208? Sounds like a pretty great vacation lol.
  • ^what Ryan said lol. Looks like a great project, and $300 is a steal! Seems like more and more people are picking up RT wagons in Idaho.
  • Well a lot has happened. We got the power stearing and the left drive axle replaced. Got pretty much the whole interior out.
    239.jpg

The garage ran out of space so now a lot of the parts are in the basement

240.jpg

241.jpg

The car will be painted soon. Hopefully me and my dad will start to sand the old paint this saturday.
    Also got some new lights. :smug: Still need the side markers to come.

Clear Corners-$85
    Turn signals -$25 each
    Passenger headlight from pick and pull $14
    242.jpg

243.jpg

This is how the car sits now. Also we fixed the roof.
    244.jpg
  • chaos wrote: »
    Where in Idaho are you? I dunno if I have seen this wagon around in the treasure valley!! Looks good so far. Are you on any of the local forums? IMS or Honda208? Sounds like a pretty great vacation lol.
    ^what Ryan said lol. Looks like a great project, and $300 is a steal! Seems like more and more people are picking up RT wagons in Idaho.
    I am in Coeur D Alene. Well the car was $300 then the auction fees were $100 and the transportation was $400.
  • chaoschaos New Wagonist
    Nice. I lived up there for a while, went to U of I that area is gorgeous and I love Coeur D' Alene. Are you just cleaning up the interior? I have a whole parts wagon with grey interior, and I also have a bunch of blue interior parts that are in decent shape. Looking good so far.
  • We are cleaning the interior because the previous owner was a hardcore smoker, and he poured soda all over the car. We are currently waiting for my dads employee to come back from the oregon coast so he can help us start paint prep and so he can paint the car. He should be back on the 16th this month.
  • Paint is finally done!!!
    :smug: sorry for bad pics there are no lights in that place.2.jpeg

3.jpeg
  • This is how the wagon will look like when it's done. Thanks ToneFab
    348.jpg
  • WagonWednesday
    Coilovers we ordered Yonaka.
    404.jpg
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    91 RT4WD wrote: »
    This is exactly how the wagon will look like when it's done. Thanks ToneFab

i think i own tonys old car now. i cant remember for sure, lol. either way, you got a prety good deal overall. even with shipping etc. car is looking good, especially with the paint love. idaho is getting a good amount of rt owners these days...