1991 RT4WD From Idaho

Comments

• Installed the passengers side mirror last weekend.
    517.jpg

518.jpg
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    Dude, this is one clean wagon. Nice work on cleaning it up painting and all that good stuff!
  • Looking good man!
  • Could you give some details on how you cleaned up the mirrors and if the finish is holding up. Thanks
  • First I cleaned it with degreaser.
    Second I put a lot of shoe polish on it.
    Third I put Mothers Back to Black on it.
    I repeated the second and third steps 2 or 3 times because the mirror was very sun faded.
    It holds up very well. It has been shiny for about 4 or 5 weeks now. Hope this helps.
  • Needs the black windows on the wheels like OEM. That would really make the wheels pop.
  • Looks awesome!!
    That is the same OEM blue I want to paint mine!!

Do you want to sell your OEM RT4WD center caps??
  • Needs the black windows on the wheels like OEM. That would really make the wheels pop.

Not really a fan of it.
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    Looks awesome!!
    That is the same OEM blue I want to paint mine!!

Do you want to sell your OEM RT4WD center caps??

No. I'm going to restore them in the summer.
    I must be missing somthing, I'm not sure what you mean "black windows on the wheels"
    91 RT4WD wrote: »
    No. I'm going to restore them in the summer.
    Too bad for me!!
    I cant find them anywhere, unless I want to pay $100 each...
  • MrJayDM wrote: »
    I must be missing somthing, I'm not sure what you mean "black windows on the wheels"

The holes in the wheels should have a black surround to make the "spokes" look smaller and the holes look larger.

Close up from an angle to show where the black should be. These were powder coated a brilliant white at 100% gloss and a 60% gloss on the black to make it disappear. A little dirty right now.
    157.jpg
  • MrJayDM wrote: »
    Too bad for me!!
    I cant find them anywhere, unless I want to pay $100 each...
    Sorry. Check ebay and the for sale section on the forum and you will eventually find them.
  • Today me and my dad went to Jacob's Auto Glass in Spokane and got a new windshield with new seals, quarter panel window trim glued on, and rear windshield lowered with new seals. Looks very good. I will take more pictures tomorrow after we let the glue dry. Going to try to take some good pictures tomorrow by the Coeur D Alene lake on top of a parking garage. Also will try to take a picture by the Honda dealer on Seltice. Here are some pics.

Windshield
    225.jpg
    226.jpg
    Quarter panel window (the bottom left and the top right needed glue)
    227.jpg
    Rear window
    228.jpg229.jpg230.jpg

Tomorrow we plan on washing the engine bay, washing the car, putting on a spoiler, and putting on the 3rd brake light. The original spoiler had a crack in it so my dad got a good one from the junk yard. It was pretty funny because they painted it with a paint brush. So my dad sanded it and then used Duplicolor Trim Paint on it.

Old spoiler
    231.jpg

New spoiler
    232.jpg
  • Honestly my fav wagon ever! Sooo clean
  • Honestly my fav wagon ever! Sooo clean

Thanks it means alot.
  • If anyone wants to see more pics of my wagon go to this thread http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?19256-Coeur-d-Alene-Photoshoot&p=226271#post226271
    I used a better camera for those pictures.
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Got some nice floor mats from Costco today. Decided to take some interior pictures.
    15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg
    Got some paint for the semi caps we are going to restore. Probably doing that this weekend.
    I relocated my front license plate. I used black zip ties. I think it turned out pretty good.

87.jpg

88.jpg
    We have finally finished the semi caps. All but one are done. One is drying. Here is how we did it.

First we sanded them

Second we masked off the H (not pictured)

Third we sprayed primer on them
    140.jpg
    Last we sprayed white paint that matches the wheels
    142.jpg

Here is the final product. The color matches pretty good.
    145.jpg

150.jpg
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    The center caps look nice... damn I'm jealous!!
    I keep looking for some, but never any luck..
    I'm trying to find something similar
    MrJayDM wrote: »
    The center caps look nice... damn I'm jealous!!
    I keep looking for some, but never any luck..
    I'm trying to find something similar
    Thank you!! They are hard to find for a good price. The ones on ebay are always overpriced like $90 or $120 for just 1
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Dude your wagon is so clean! :applouse: You have any big plans later down the road?
    Rear fog light
    front fog lights
    roof rails
    roof rack
    some bbs style wheels
    thinner tires
    exhaust
    alarm
    power door locks (front only)

That is pretty much most of the bigger mods that I will most likely do in the future
    My dad installed some super white leds on the dome light, cargo light, and license plate light. They are super bright! Sorry about the pictures, I do not know how to take pictures at night.

179.jpg
    180.jpg
    181.jpg
  • JHMEE4JHMEE4 New Wagonist
    I'm always torn with the LEDs and stock look. I had an LED dome light but it looked out of place in such an old car. Exterior lights are another story though, really like them! Love everything about this car, keep it up
    JHMEE4 wrote: »
    I'm always torn with the LEDs and stock look. I had an LED dome light but it looked out of place in such an old car. Exterior lights are another story though, really like them! Love everything about this car, keep it up
    At first I did not like the LEDs but now I like them. Thanks!
  • It all depends on the color temp of the lights. Our cars are from a day that lights were yellow. I have 5000k in most all my stuff now which is pretty pure white, a bit too white for me personally but it's a sight harder to find them in a more accurate 4200k range. Either way, you can't argue about being able to actually see the interior of the car. The old bulbs in my dome were so dim I could not see the floor of the car.

Keep up the good work!
    Keep up the good work!

Thank you;)
    We replace the u joints a couple of weekends ago. You can see how bad they were from the pictures.
    2.jpgphoto 1 by musaanto, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG][/img]16993735432_5eed4fa8a1_o.jpg3.jpgphoto 3 by musaanto, on Flickr
    [IMG][/img]16372742684_14529a004c_o.jpgphoto 4 by musaanto, on Flickr
    [IMG][/img]16372741374_f927bab715_o.jpgimage by musaanto, on Flickr
    [IMG][/img]16372740154_b7f75d1851_o.jpgimage_1 by musaanto, on Flickr
    [IMG][/img]16993728962_19e060d1b1_o.jpgimage_2 by musaanto, on Flickr

4.jpgimage_3 by musaanto, on Flickr[/IMG]
    [IMG][/img]16375023733_b075b66761_o.jpg5.jpg