ghost ride da whip

Comments

• Engine looks like it was there from the factory . Awesome work . Hella sleeper .
  • lil'ghostlil'ghost Council Member
    Comparison to Rev's. Full 2.5 done at the same place. He's got a 2.25in header and a hollowed out cat on his ls.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v225/ ... 3_2005.flv
    shakey021 wrote:
    Love the swap ghost. Looks super clean and factory ! Now just lower it and wheels wotm ?

wotm - me? Doubtful, :lol: . I have some wheels and all the stuff to lower it, but in order to get my wheels on and looking right, I would have to pull the fenders - instead of roll them. I don't wanna mess up my nice fenders - esp since they are so hard to find... like everything else. So, I'm trying to sell my wheels and brand new tires, so I can get some different ones to put on. Also, I have to get a different header because it's already like 3 inches off the ground at stock height .. :shock:

Here is what I was going to put on:
    288.jpg

sleeper x2.. i like how clean the swap is.. you see alot of people doing swaps and wiring is all messed up..

Oh yes - it's so clean...and fun to drive. Thanks to Bam for the clean look!

wagodizzle wrote:
    ultimate sleeper mwahaha.
    looks awesome!

:D :D :D
  • how wide are those wheels ? diamond racing wheels ?
    shakey021 wrote:
    how wide are those wheels ? diamond racing wheels ?

Yeah - diamond racing. They are 15x8 with 0 offset. I think there is a 4 inch backspace on them .. :? lol
  • isnt that the same size and offset ryan ( draginmywagon ) is running, he just had to roll his fenders a little bit..
    Um...not certain.. I looked around and saw that jdmeg1618 has some - but they have a -38, in the rear, and -12, front, offset. I think the 0 offset is what's getting me. Wagodizzle has some 15x8, they aren't diamond racing, but he has a +15 offset...

I have no clue. lol. A friend that was helping with the swap said the wheels wouldn't fit unless I pulled and rolled the fenders.

I could order them brand new if I wanted, in the exact size and offset I wanted too. But, I'm doing some more searching so I get the perfect wheels/look. ...although those diamond racing wheels would be hawt!
  • draginmywagons sportmaxx are 15x8 0 offset , and so are scrape your mudz

i think ryan rolled his fenders and scrape your mudz didnt or hasnt yet.
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    shakey021 wrote:
    draginmywagons sportmaxx are 15x8 0 offset , and so are scrape your mudz

i think ryan rolled his fenders and scrape your mudz didnt or hasnt yet.

Yea but they aren't low and tucked.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    why not put those^^^^^ rims on???!!

fuking sik!
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Yea, we want the wheels somewhat more flush without running a gay amount of camber. I think what's killing us putting them on is the 4inch backspace with the 0 offset. These wheels were originally intended for Miata fitment.
  • ThaClutcHThaClutcH Senior Wagonist
    Revmaynard wrote:
    Yea, we want the wheels somewhat more flush without running a gay amount of camber. I think what's killing us putting them on is the 4inch backspace with the 0 offset. These wheels were originally intended for Miata fitment.

I agree. I was about to say how much? But nahhh, I don't want to deal with them either. Haha. Hella poke!
  • Ahh those wheels would be sooooo sickk I was going to buy a set a while back but bills and ticket came up.
    Here is when we did the test fit - still stock height.

Hella poke is right!

557.jpg
    308.jpg
    www.civicwagon.com
  • cewl...

no?

:lol:
  • now stretch the f*** out of them lol :mrgreen:
  • roll the fenders and have camber, be super sick ! hahaha like DA WEDGE !
    LOL to all three of y'all [Eagle, 88wago and Shakey]

No poke for me. I want something that'll look flusssssssh.

:lol:
  • tsss...

sissy...

ahahaa...

nice no?

good airflow...
    Sold the wheels tonight to my friend with an e30.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Got a replacement in mind?
  • shoulda kept them all you had to do was

tukeulate and pokify
  • you can be the first wagon to rock these

319.jpg
  • The on those wheels is what gave the the illusion they wouldn't fit. If you had gone with a slimmer and narrower tire they would have been money. On the car. Don't give up so easily next beauty is pain and scrafice.
    shakey021 wrote:
    you can be the first wagon to rock these

319.jpg

Honey Graham wheels! :lol: :lol: That'd be epic.
    Boostin4WD wrote:
    . Don't give up so easily next beauty is pain and scrafice.

I didn't "give up" per-say. I can give you my list of reasons[well a few] .... :mrgreen:

First - they were picked up by a friend last minute, we had never seen them, and I told him to buy them. Screw it, we'll see what they look like, cause I think Diamond Racing Wheels look good.

Second- when I "tested" them, they looked great even with that crazy height.

Third - when I bought them a friend of Rev's had been looking for some. So, Rev told him that if we didn't want them in the end, would he be willing to buy them .. at least they'd go to a friend, right? [they didn't go to this friend cause he back out last min, but another friend of Rev's bought them] He said sure, so we talked about what kinda tires he wanted and I wanted and compromised - for just in case I didn't want them and he did. I wanted 45, but 50 looked good too - which the original friend wanted. ...but for me - it just wasn't working on the my car the way I imagined it.

Fourth - I have to get a new header anyway cause mine is too low, so I gotta get on that. I can't even lower my baby yet cause of it.

Lastly - I'm not worried about it. There are soooooo many wheels out there to choose from, I'm not gonna get bummed that this one set wasn't going to work out. If I really wanted, I could just by them brand new in the way I wanted... with some + offset, prolly - but if I buy a some rims brand new, I want them to be something I've been wanting to have ..which I have some in mind but they are like 1500 for just the rims.. :lol:

Rev and I are gonna look at some wheels on Thursday if I get off work in time.. lol.... the sleeper look is kinda cool still. No one will look at my car and think "oh there is a different motor in there" ...until I take off ... :lol: :lol:
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    lil'ghost wrote:
    Fourth - I have to get a new header anyway cause mine is too low, so I gotta get on that. I can't even lower my baby yet cause of it.

I was wondering about that. Was it a B18 manifold?

Cant wait to see this thing done
    Charb1618 wrote:
    lil'ghost wrote:

I was wondering about that. Was it a B18 manifold?

Cant wait to see this thing done

Now that I look back on it, it said B16/B18. So, I guess they made it big enough to clear both..

I'm looking into a header that will clear a/c and ... increase some #'s, :lol: ..if I can spend the $$ on it..

And thanks Charb! I hope it will be completely done soon. But, some things that I want to do I'll have to save up for, for a later date .. like paint, different seats, baller ass wheels [like $1,500 baller, lol]..and some other things. :twisted:
    bam-bam wrote:
    Got a replacement in mind?

I got some. :) Rota Track R's 16x7. What y'all think?

345.jpg

346.jpg

Sorry my knee is in the picture..
    347.jpg

I think the cats like 'em :lol:
    348.jpg
  • stephenstephen Senior Wagonist
    this is coming together hella fast!
  • i love track r's only if there white though !