rti intrac build

Comments

• rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    Picked up the block and its all done. Got some gas for my welder so now I can make a start on the exhaust. Just ordered a new fuel pump and 3 bar map sensor so that should arrive in the next week or so
    Fuel pump and map sensor arrived today. I started to try mount my tow bar this afternoon but got tired and fed up so called it quits
    Got a facelift bumper today, its a little damged but will do for now. will have to put it on next weekend
  • MoonMoon Band Wagon
    Wow, that's nice work. What's an intrac though, isnt it a rt4wd?
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    rti intrac wrote:
    Got a facelift bumper today, its a little damged but will do for now. will have to put it on next weekend
    Sweet, I still havnt fitted mine. Will do it before I get a respray though.
    We NEED pics
    Moon wrote:
    Wow, that's nice work. What's an intrac though, isnt it a rt4wd?
    viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8
    That should explain it for you :wink:
    haha I have to find my camera first
    Feeling pretty sick today so didnt do much at all. My mate is wreckinf a dc2 teg so I scored a armrest/console so ill try to fit that at some point in time.
    Got the old bumper off and sat the facelift on the car and thats pretty much it.
  • You guys need to have an NZ wagon meet! NZ vs PAC
    Sparkles wrote:
    You guys need to have an NZ wagon meet! NZ vs PAC

Haha we should! Only issue is the 5 that I know of are spread all over the country. Me and rti-intrac are about 3.5-4hours apart, theres another halfway between then another few between 2-14 hours away.
  • looks good man.
    Had a productive day today, got the 255lph fuel pump installed, put the wheels & konis from the crx onto the shuttle and temporary installed my hid kit. Just have to find some tidy indicators and figure out a way of filling the gap between the filler strip and bumper.
    Fuel pump nearly done
    468.jpg
    All back in
    469.jpg
    The gap I have to fill somehow, anyone got some ideas?
    470.jpg
    H.I.D lights
    471.jpg
    Bumper/wheel shots
    472.jpg
    473.jpg
    474.jpg
    363.jpg
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    what reinforcement bar did u use? if u use the stock one u need to cut off the ends n some of the metal that makes the bracket or the bumper light blubs... thats what i did to fit mines... and i only bearly have a gap it only shows the line part of the after the holes...
    I used the original shuttle support, the bumper is only held on by two screws at the moment, i'll have to sort it out properally
  • unlimited02unlimited02 Senior Wagonist
    yea mines is too... pretty much i turn mines into a jdm reinforcement bar... very small
    Sorted out some indicator lenses and a set of 15" mr5. need a little tidy up but they are pretty good. Wihh be picking them up thursday
    just bought myself a J's Racing style lip for the shuttle, pick up my mr5s tomorrow. Thats enough spending for a while. Dropped the prelude caliper mounting brackets to be machined last week so they will be done before Christmas hopefully
  • Nice!

Ive been meaning to test fit my facelift front and J's Lip for a while now. Should look sweet
  • please tell me you have more to share! haha
    Back from the dead. (no pictures yet) I've had a break from the car for a while and am now motivated to work on it again. I've done a wire tuck on the left hand side, made a new obd1 engine loom and am working on the right hand side loom.
    655.jpg
    656.jpg
    657.jpg

Making the engine harness, getting all the lengths right
    658.jpg
    Was wondering where you had got too.

Good to see you still have the Shuttle!
  • Mandalore88Mandalore88 Senior Wagonist
    Wiring sure looks like a project, can't wait to do mine someday
    I'm not going to get rid of this any time soon. I'm going to do a manual swap on my other blue intrac in the next few weeks as the holden is way too thirsty for a daily.
    I've been delaying the right hand side with all the alb wiring. I cant open the drivers door atm because its on stands and there is a post in the way
  • SiRgeSiRge Wagonist
    Nice to see another NZer doing something cool.

Joules been helping me do the wiring in my EK, after seeing how he's done it, next time I'm definitely going to get the shuttle's engine wired out of the car instead. Any chance you can give me some pointers on converting the shuttle to OBD1 though?
    The easiest way would be to re use your zc or factory obd0 intake and loom on your obd1 engine, make up a dizzy adaptor harness that plugs into the factory plugs. (i'm not a fan of de and repinning plugs, If the wiring diagrams are different or you get a wire messed up its a mission to fix.) And a adaptor harness from the ecu. I have a spare ecu harness if you want to buy/copy it.
    EG 328.jpg
    I wouldnt recommend making a complete new harness or grafting a Eg harness into the car unless your patient and confident with wiring.
  • SiRgeSiRge Wagonist
    I have a wiring guru at my disposal so making looms etc is easy enough. He was saying it would be difficult because you would have to convert the interior loom to OBD1 as well (Because of the plug that goes via the drivers side).

Hes making up a conversion harness for OBD2a - OBD1 as we speak lol. But this conversion will be happening in a few months so might ask some more questions later :P
    I just repinned my ECU plugs to convert mine to OBD1. Along with associated engine bay wiring. Only took a morning in the foot well to complete, pretty easy to do as well
    If you use the harness that I made there is no need to mess around with interior looms. Its just plug and play if you re use the old intake (providing you are staying d series)
    I was looking through my photobucket and found a couple of videos of me doing a motorkhana in the shuttle Got third in calss! (4wd class had 3 competitors). I had a blast. I think it was a bit low & I need to learn to drive better haha It kept understeering like crazy. I did get a few awesome powerslides though.

818.jpg
    819.jpg
    820.jpg
    821.jpg
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    nice shuttle mate. any chance you could bring this on the 10aug for the monthly meet?
    I wish!! Its currently got no wof or rego and no engine loom connected. A bit more work untill its drivable.
    all going well I'll have the blue one road legal by the 10th