rti intrac build

Comments

• rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    my wagon needs a bath, its all dirty and dusty, Might be getting a straighter bumper for it soon which i have plans for..

I'd like a facelife bumper but its a bit much and i like to be different so if everything goes according to plan you'll see the results soon
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I just noticed your rear license plate frame :lol: good stuff.
    haha i origonally brought it for my old corolla, but is is true of me

Here are the pics of the beastie
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    your taste in cars has certainly improved!
    haha I got that one for free years ago (was my first car), I did gymkhanas and rally sprints and sa few hill climbs in it and it never had any problems, was slow as shit nad steering didnt self center. but man it took a beating
    Ok , little update, I have found a d15b vtec for cheap so i'm going to strip it down and give it a good clean up and try my hand a port polishing etc, hopefully ill have a good well flowing head. I need to do my head gasket some I think so ill work on this head and get it nice and when i do the gasket ill stick the modded head on.

And If a can find good deals i might build the d15 up a little

got the d15 yesterday nad stripped and cleaned the head down in 1.5 hrs, it was quite tidy but its been sitting so i thought I'd best give everything a good clean
    got me a hatchback bumper nbad legend lip, all i need now is some inspitation and paint

Here is a pic of my dash and steering wheel
  • mr_sp33mr_sp33 Wagonist
    I'm jealous of your not 'busted to the shithouse' climate control.
    one tiny problem, The air con donbt work lol, so it looks good but dont do shit
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The controls should still work without the A/C. I ripped the A/C out of my RTi. You'll get hot air and luke warm air. :lol:
  • shenrieshenrie Council Member
    The steering wheel looks really fat to me. Is that a standard 3 spoke from any Si?

Love the Heater controls. I need a setup like that for my hatch.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Haydz wrote:
    The controls should still work without the A/C. I ripped the A/C out of my RTi. You'll get hot air and luke warm air. :lol:

This is true, mine also only realises you have changed the temp from hot to cold after about 15mins
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    That's when its set on AUTO. If you change the fan speed to a manual setting it should stop the heater right away.
    Haydz wrote:
    That's when its set on AUTO. If you change the fan speed to a manual setting it should stop the heater right away.

I like how you say "should" even if I turn it all off there is still warm air coming from somewhere
    It was working (aircon) good, and I regased it at work and it decided not too, Ill get inspores enough one day to fix it, but its winter and its cold so i dont need it, the warm and all the vents work fine
    shenrie wrote:
    The steering wheel looks really fat to me. Is that a standard 3 spoke from any Si?

Love the Heater controls. I need a setup like that for my hatch.

Its the RTI INtrac one lol, it is pretty fat but is nice to use
    went for a drive up north to my grandparents and clicked over 200k on the way,

ever wonder a easy way of lowering the rear of your wagon?

stick a load of tiles in it :lol:

only half at a time in the wagon
    hopefully Soon ill have two of the beasties :twisted:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =214296748
    I saw that one last night, wonder how much they want for it.

Also, just me or is your new bumper exactly the same as your current one?
    its slightly different, my one has a big hole and a small one in the top strip, the new one just has one big hole with a seperator
    I Have a addiction, now i have twins

the new parts wagon has only 135000km or 80k miles on it, the interior is mint, will theif some body panels off it

Pics up tomorrow
    I installed my new strut brace today, I wasnt too sure if it would clear the alb or not, It just does.
    I have pics of the reciend addition to the family

Just had a look and my intake looks pretty shit so Ill sort it out sometime, going to do my new bumper this week sometime
    Installed my new bumper today, fitted a EG civic lip upside down. needed a little cutting but fits ok considering I ahve no heatgun.
    I found out why my obd1 conversion harness didnt work... I had wired it up a mirror image of what it is suppose to be.

hmm the colours dont seem to match do they?
    Sweet!!! it powers up but no start.
    I only got 2 codes
    19 & 22
    22 VTEC pressure valve- I havent connected that yet
    19 Automatic transmission lockup control valve doesnt matter as car is manual but comp. is auto

I have no spark so ill swap my obd1 dizzy in tomorrow after work and see how things go
    I havent got my dizzy sorted yet but it will be done soon.

Since noone has brought this yet
    The drivers side wheel bearing had WAY too much play in it so I replaced the hubs with hubs off my coupe, That means I now have bigger discs and calipers :)
    I also replaced the discs and pads while I was at it

I still need to bleed the brakes but thought i'd stick the wheel on and check clearances
    Tight like a tiger!

Looks sweet, I feel the motivation building for my own shuttle :lol:
    haha yeah... Took failing a wof to mororvate me :lol:
    rti intrac wrote:
    haha yeah... Took failing a wof to mororvate me :lol:

I passed mine with flying colours at VTNZ yesturday, was complimented on having such a tidy Shuttle :lol: