1991 rt4wd

13»

Comments

• Well, was on a drive with my local forum the first weekend of this month and in the middle of nowhere the wagon decided to blow the headgasket at cylinder 3 and overheated like crazy, was bad enough the motor was smoking just from the heat for about 5 or so minutes after I turned it off. Was gonna just pull the original A6 out and rebuild it, then found a motor for sale for a pretty good deal, and I will be picking it up tomorrow morning.
    It's a rebuilt A6 bottom end with p29 pistons and z6 head with ARP headstuds, y8 intake manifold, and a P28 and conversion harness, all for $600. Hoping to have the wagon back up and running by the end of November.

161.jpg
  • So wagon is about a week or two away from firing up depending on free time/weather, been a much longer process than anticipated, not having a garage and having the motor blow right before winter sucked. Can't wait to get it back up and running, I miss driving it. Also picked up some ZC headlights, EDM corners, EDM tails, and a rear fog from a friend, will be putting them on soon.

49.jpg
  • Update time...
    Finally got the wagon all wrapped up and running, still might need a few tweaks, along with a tune, but it's drivable. Also managed to get my EDM headlights, corners, and outer tails in, though I may have to take the headlights back out and try to reseal them, have a lot of moisture in them after washing the car this morning. At some point will try to get the rear fog installed and wired up as well. Also got the hood bra I bought from a friend on, don't have any good pics of it yet. Hoping that out of this next check I can get it tinted if I can find the time, should help keep it a little cooler in the summer with no ac. Then I think I'll start saving up to upgrade the suspension, not quite sure I want to lower it, but it could definitely use some new stuff.
    Pics:
    EDM lights
    110.jpg
    111.jpg

Now I know what VW owners feel like... throwing a code for IACV... doesn't affect driving, so not too concerned about it right now.
    112.jpg
  • So, time for another update.
    Back in June I had my buddy who owns a local powdercoating/metal polishing business coat a spare VC for me, the color is Illusion Cherry...

4.jpeg

Also picked up a set of 15x6 BBS RA's for summer/show wheels:

52.jpg

Then just got the BBS's back from my buddy today after being powdercoated. Color is a combination of 3 powders to get a bronze/copper look that shifts to orange in the sunlight, I think they came out awesome.

5.jpeg

All that's left now is getting tires for the wheels, giving the engine bay a good cleaning and getting the new VC put on, then the wagon will be ready for the local show coming up in the second week of September. That's all for now
  • Video of the color shift wheels please.
  • This is the only video I have of it. Can't see the shift as well as I'd like since the wheel isn't in much direct sunlight, but you can kinda see the shift.

http://s1121.photobucket.com/user/Lonerangr91/media/Mobile%20Uploads/VID_144280510_173154_zpsf3cyrjsn.mp4.html
  • Hmm, that's not loading for me at all. Any chance of throwing it over to youtube?
  • This should work better. Link to the instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJUtGzyjmmJ/
  • Nice nice. That looks great.
  • Popped a center cap in one of the wheels the other day to see what they look like.

69.jpg

70.jpg

If anyone is interested, there are some more pics of the wheels on my buddy's business' FB page.
    https://m.facebook.com/FinesseWorks/
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    Just out of curiosity how many miles on stock motor before she went??
  • Around 363,2xx. Don't remember the exact number
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    Damn that's pretty impressive haha
  • Couple pics from a local show last month

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg
  • Love it just bought mine can't wait till I get started with it