1991 rt4wd

Comments

• Nice

10 character limit
  • Nice

10 character limit..............
  • Oh man, so jealous, great find!
  • So attempted to install the bullbar yesterday before work, took me a little bit to figure out the correct orientation for the brackets, will do 2nd round later today, looks like the brackets are gonna be a bit of a bitch to get bolted onto the car, but we'll see. Hoping the defrost switch I grabbed works as well.
  • Finally got the bullbar installed and wired up.

278.jpg

279.jpg
  • Looks awesome, I am even more jealouser!
  • Haha thanks man. Found out that this bullbar has only been on red wagons lol. A buddy bought it from fritter critter on here, threw it on his red rt4wd, sold it to another buddy of ours who put it on his rt4wd, then after he trade yet another buddy he took the bullbar off and sold it to me.
  • Snapped a quick pic of the wagon after work last night in some fog.

425.jpg
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Psssst, if you want a Foglight (rear foglight tho) switch for it let me know.
    I must have 2 or 3 laying around in the shed.
  • Id love one Vladi, how much would one cost? And anyone know of any rear fog lights for sale? How much do they usually run?
  • Figured I'd put the 4wd in rt4wd to use, so found some mud after work Tuesday morning and Thursday morning and had a little fun. Can't tell in the picture, but there's quite a bit of mud all over the sides of the wagon, and even managed to get some up on the roof as well. Can't wait until it snows, see if I can get some flatspins out of it haha.

138.jpg

139.jpg
  • Little front end Friday pic:

145.jpg
  • Nice. I really like the PIAA lights on the bull bar.
  • Had some snow fun this last week.

202.jpg

295.jpg

296.jpg
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    That's sick! I wish I had an RT sometimes.
  • They're definitely fun to play in the snow with.
  • So haven't done anything to the wagon mod wise since the bullbar, I did however learn it's limits in mud a week ago while out shooting, next purchase will be a tow strap before I head out there again haha. Got pulled out by some other guys that were out shooting, drove the wagon the 15 or so miles home, pressure washed almost all the mud of the underside and it seems to be doing fine, though I did dent the skid plate of the bullbar a little bit.

159.jpg
  • picked up a 270mm Broadway convex mirror. I love the mirror, it completely eliminated my blind spots on my right side and is just the right size for me to have no issues with the sunvisors. I wish I had gotten one sooner.

How does this mount?
  • MrJayDM wrote: »
    How does this mount?

It just clips on over the stock mirror.

Also have noticed one issue after getting the wagon stuck in the mud, it comes and goes, but I can hear a squeaking noise that sounds like it's underneath the middle of the car, and seems to coincide with the wheels turning and their speed... any ideas as to what that could be?
  • I would say the center bearing on the drive-line..
  • Yeah, I'm thinking it's got to be one of 2 things, the viscous coupler going bad, or the front u joints going bad... though either one is not good, as I think the only way to fix it will be getting a whole driveshaft setup, and those go for $350-400+ before shipping... won't be an easy or quick feat to get one at that price when I only make 800 a month and 90% of that goes to bills lol.
  • Rockford 430-10c, that's the u-joint, I've rebuilt my driveline twice
  • Thanks for the info! What does that cost, and how do you go about ordering one?
  • Sweet. Thanks guys.
  • So update on the wagon, driveline noise is gone, now thinking it may have actually been related to the rear brakes. I've decided that I am going to be boosting the wagon when I rebuild it, but not sure on everything I'll need yet. I will be getting an obd1 ecu, a jumper harness, vitara pistons, and will try to find a lower mileage head to use the valves, springs, seals, and guides from. Then I will probably just get a turbo kit off ebay, since I'm only planning on running low boost, as well as larger injectors. Other than that, anything else I'll need? Will I need a better fuel pump? Any help will be appreciated, thanks.
  • usdm420usdm420 Band Wagon
    Main failure point I see with most Ebay turbo kits is the wastegate. Get a Tial one to go with the Ebay kit, just for some added safety.....other than that, on low boost an Ebay kit should run fine for quite a while.
  • So, still working on plans to boost the wagon, hoping to get it done by next summer, it will depend on how much I'm able to save up, and if work picks up. Did fo a few small things in the past couple weeks. Upgraded the license plate lights and the dome light with LEDs for $5 off ebay.

173.jpg

174.jpg

Also picked up a passenger mirror off a buddy's wrecked RT and a CB armrest another buddy pulled out of his old wagon he sold a few months ago. Hoping to get those installed soon.
  • Since my driver seat is annihilated and wagon sears with no tears are so hard to come by, picked up a set of clean prelude seats that were swapped to wagon pans and rails from a buddy for cheap.
    90.jpg
  • Got the prelude seats installed 103.jpg