UPDATE on LIFT KIT - NOW MY REAREND is LIFTED ( Last Page )

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    It worked!

That looks nice. 2 inch spacer?
  • Outstanding!
    So a 1 inch spacer would give about a 2 inch lift?
    We're kinda studying on that. On my project it appears that 2" spacer yielded about 3" at the wheel. It hasn't been driven yet, though. Some more settling may occur.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    I had the spacers cut to 1.75 inches. Right now it looks like 2x whatever the spacers are.. it was a little challenge squeezing it all back it and getting the LCA bolts to go back in. And, you have to take the inner LCA bolts out. And, bolts snapping out, didn't make it easier. I hope the front is a little easier.
    OK, I just went and drove it to settle the suspension.. 3 Inches of lift is the final on both sides.. I can still fit a beer can.

Rode just like it was stock.. I will try to get the fronts on today/tomorrow..

(on a side note, I may have him start cutting another set at 2.5 inches in aluminum)
  • This thread is teazin' the hellz outta me! Put me on the list of "money in hand waiting to buy". I'm thinking more like an inch and a half tho...
  • BombSquad91BombSquad91 Band Wagon
    I'm totally loving that lift. So awesome. Any updates?
  • BombSquad91BombSquad91 Band Wagon
    How goes it?
  • wagovanguywagovanguy Wagonist
    Updates?!!?
  • shoot, I think I'm just gonna carve me a set outta some old oak orSumthin.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    shoot, I think I'm just gonna carve me a set outta some old oak orSumthin.

lol thats safe.
  • andys91andys91 Band Wagon
    any updates on this? i want to lift my wagon too. this looks quick and easy. i think i would space the driveshaft down some too
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    andys91 wrote: »
    any updates on this? i want to lift my wagon too. this looks quick and easy. i think i would space the driveshaft down some too

There are easy ways to lift it, search button works awesome!
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    For the front, what about spacing out all of the mounting components?

Front Cross, Rear Cross, both transverse Engine Mounts, and the UCAs? That would effectively lower the engine and maintain good suspension geometry.

Steering shaft and flex would be the first concerns I can think of.
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    For the front, what about spacing out all of the mounting components?

Front Cross, Rear Cross, both transverse Engine Mounts, and the UCAs? That would effectively lower the engine and maintain good suspension geometry.

Steering shaft and flex would be the first concerns I can think of.

Hmmm, why didn't I think of that?
    bam-bam wrote: »
    LOL...

This new business has a lot of crap on hold..

Anyone interested in Lifting, look up bam-bam or 503wagon
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    bam-bam wrote: »
    :hororr:
    ohhhh i think we talked about it out in Arkansas @ Wago~Paloozia 2010 if my bad memory is correct ...

wait didnt somebody from your town tackle that ..... :topsy_turvy:
    just cant remember who did that FOOLS GOLD LIFTED WAGON .....

just look what i found on GOOGLE ....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fools+gold+lifted+civic+wagon
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    3rd4ce wrote: »
    just look what i found on GOOGLE ....

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fools+gold+lifted+civic+wagon

* This board is currently disabled. *

You know bam...I've read through your thread a few times. Must have skipped over that part. Figured that's probably how you did it.
  • Anything new?
    Just dropped off the metal at the machine shop to get 2 more sets made...

And, I'll be selling one of them.

The other one is going on my hatch, LOL..

Making them out of aluminum this time..
  • josh1vtmjosh1vtm Council Member
    Dont want to burst your bubble but depending on what kind of spring and spindle and shock combo you're running you might run into some problems with the spindle arm catching on the spring when you turn and blowing shocks, since we have been building scrappy for 3rd4ce we've blown a set of shocks and had to make some spacers for the front camber links and had to shave almost a half inch off the back of the spindle to keep it from binding and giving it a better geometry, and we have lifted scrappy an additional inch on top of the spring and strut combo from other hondas and there is alot of axle bind. You may have to build a set of drop mounts to lower the engine similar to Bams to keep from blowing axles every couple weeks.
    josh1vtm wrote: »
    Dont want to burst your bubble but depending on what kind of spring and spindle and shock combo you're running you might run into some problems with the spindle arm catching on the spring when you turn and blowing shocks, since we have been building scrappy for 3rd4ce we've blown a set of shocks and had to make some spacers for the front camber links and had to shave almost a half inch off the back of the spindle to keep it from binding and giving it a better geometry, and we have lifted scrappy an additional inch on top of the spring and strut combo from other hondas and there is alot of axle bind. You may have to build a set of drop mounts to lower the engine similar to Bams to keep from blowing axles every couple weeks.

Good to know... I might need drop mounts anyways... My DOHC-ZC & JRSC Combo is really really close to my Brake MC...
    So... They might be in...

;)

Someone is trying to get ready for I.A.
    No Pics till after I.A....
    As far as the Lift... It's on there... And, I have now put around 1000 miles on it.

Remember my car is a DX Automatic 2 wheel drive, so stock it sits lower than a RT. With the lift on, I am taller than an RT.

My RT Wheels are sitting on 185/70R14, which I plan to change to 195/75R14 or 205/75R14

-The Front Rides Fine.. I have a little negative camber, which I'll be fixing soon with an adjustable camber kit.
    -The Back Rides stiffer than stock, but I don't mind.
    -Stance is pretty level.. I think it looks better than stock.

As fare as how much lift I have gained

I have to switch back to the ugly wheels to get a change in height measurement, but I'd say approximately.
    - Front 2.5 - 3 inches
    - Rear 3 - 3.5 inches
    (I'll try to get an exact measure this weekend..)

It's funny though.. You can fell the height difference & especially when you sitting next to other cars in traffic... But, sitting next to Bam's Goldie, not so much ;)

Before
    www.civicwagon.com

After with taller tires
    462.jpg
  • damn t looks pretty awesome, a slight lift is on my to do list!
    but now i must do the little things -_-
    nice job here man keep it up!
  • crx_arturocrx_arturo New Wagonist
    I have a question about tires. I found some 195/75 14 bfgoodrich tires to mount on my steelies the tires alone weigh around 31lbs. Is this to heavy of a tire for the transmission?
    crx_arturo wrote: »
    I have a question about tires. I found some 195/75 14 bfgoodrich tires to mount on my steelies the tires alone weigh around 31lbs. Is this to heavy of a tire for the transmission?

No, you'll be fine..
    One of the other guys on here used 195/75R14 BFGoodrich All Terrains on his wagon and had no problems.. Your speedo is gonna be off and you take-off is gonna be a little slower...
    But, you'll be fine.

These guys are both running way bigger tires
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?6965-Super-Swampers-on-a-ciVic-Wagon/page17
    &
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?5080-Fool-s-Gold!-Size-DOES-matter/page28
  • crx_arturocrx_arturo New Wagonist
    Thanks I greatly appreciate your help