UPDATE on LIFT KIT - NOW MY REAREND is LIFTED ( Last Page )

Comments

• ludemanludeman Wagonist
    harbor freight ftw. so cheap, so much fun. my dad calls it jewelry store for men. I mean I cant even drive by without stopping and picking something up
  • ratchetratchet New Wagonist
    Updates? Did you get the rears on? My car is running now so I'm looking to make it higher :)
  • moff3ttmoff3tt Band Wagon
    Hmm... How would these work exactly? I have had a hell of a time getting just 5th generation suspension in my wagon and that is only like an inch taller than 4th generation suspension. It seemed like the front suspension could only go so low before like binding or something and so we had to jack up the shock/spring assembly to compress it some to get it in the car. Maybe it was just the sway bar or the bars that tie the FLCAs to the front cross member but I swear it seemed like if a shock was too tall the suspension wouldn't open up enough for it.
  • fallcrashfallcrash Band Wagon
    Add spacers to your crossmembers too
  • TogTog New Wagonist
    I MUST SEE THIS!!!! pics needed!
  • man i really like this idea. kinda sounds over kill. maybe a 1" to 1 1/2 " spacer would be better. but im sure if these ones work out u would offer more than one size. really interested and IM IN 4 PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Updates???? :wink:
  • Can't wait to see wait to see pics !!
  • ReaccionReaccion Senior Wagonist
    Nice! I always liked the wagon to be lifted instead of dropped.... Great idea guys!!
  • You ever going to do anything with this?
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I hope so, I need a front set.

Guys, Morty's just been busy. New kid, new job,traveling- GOK what else... We'll see adapters for the rear discs at about the same time lol.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    ^^^
    Thanks Bam..

Yes, my schedule has been crazy, and I mean crazy..

Just found out I am going back on the road to VA for 6 weeks straight.. Will be back after black Friday.. :( Need the money..

I am trying to put a motor in my Dx Wagon in the next few days, so I can take it to VA.. I think it is more comfy than my Hatch.. Especially if it gets cold up there..

I leave Monday morning :(

If, I get the motor in my Dx Wagon and re-install the multi-point setup, that I was converting to fit my JRSC, if that all goes back in, then I am going to try to slap the lift on it.. I have a set of wheels ready for some 205/75R15 LT tires... Or, whatever I can get on the fly, as my time is limited.... Might rattle satin black her, since she has gotten ugly from sitting..

I also have to fix the heater core and a few things on my hatch, just in case I don't get the Dx Wagon back up, since I will have to use her again for the run....

We'll see.. Tomorrow I am working on the wagon & motor..

I want this lift on bad.. too..

If it does work, there will be plenty more for everyone..:)
    Think I hit a snag with the d15 I picked up for the dx... :(

We will see tomorrow.. I hope if it is no good that my spare motor is good...

I want this wagon going... So I can lift it and give it a good test run.
    The first d15 no good..
    The second not good enough..
    The third is coming along... I am really hoping to pull the swap and lift off..

Here she is in her un-glorious state.. My 91 Dx
    382.jpg

I thought is might be easier to just take the motor out..
    383.jpg

Motor #1 :( as I spun her, she clicked.. Not Good :lol:
    384.jpg

Motor #2 :( The oil leaks didn't scare me.. The burnt looking valves and 35-55 psi compression did..
    385.jpg

Motor #3 :roll: I hate to use it.. I was saving it for another car.. But desperate times.. d15b7 bottom (rebuilt) & d16a6 head (used, but nice)
    386.jpg
    I went and got a bunch of stuff for the motor.. I figure, I might as well make it all new while I'm there..

This pic is just for Bam.. Of all my parts motors, this is the best coolant tube.. and I refinished it to make it pretty
    387.jpg

I am really hoping #3 is the winner... I really didn't want to use it on this car....

I actually had 5 motors to choose from in collection.. But if I get this car back on the road before monday, it is making the 850 mile drive to VA and staying up there with me for 6 weeks..

I also have to pick up some tires for my 15 inch wheels.. 205 75 R 15
  • good luck man, just had to poke to see if you got anywhere with the lift :)
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    :idea:
    come up to VA .....

this time your here for a little while i will make it down to meet U and Scrappy might even have a few more lights :roll:

im not a mechanic like Bam but i do have a y8 head and intake .... :!:
    3rd4ce wrote:
    :idea:
    come up to VA .....

this time your here for a little while i will make it down to meet U and Scrappy might even have a few more lights :roll:

im not a mechanic like Bam but i do have a y8 head and intake .... :!:
    Sounds like a plan to me..
    Todays update on the attempt to get the wagon ready to go to VA... I will illustrate it..
    444.jpg

Didn't go as planned.. Nothing like waiting till the last minute..

I am taking my 89 Dx Hatch ( Old Faithful )

The Wagon & the lift will have to wait tile I get back after Thanksgiving..
    I do have a plan.. Just running outta time :(
    Don't worry man there is a nice junk yard here n Fredericksburg, Va
    In always game for a Treasure Hunt ...
    Scrappy is all empty and the seats r laying down .. LoL
    I am sending 2 of them to Bam.. to put on the monster..
  • I'm sure curious how these are working out.
    So, Here.... I am Finally Lifting ASAP!

She Runs Again.. Passed her madden voyage yesterday... She made it to the FL EF meet we had in St. Pete... New motor held together.. ran good... Time to see what the kit finally does...

Here she is yesterday.. Thanks to Pebbles shooting some rolling shots.. As ugly as my wagon looks... It runs GREAT & Cold A/C.. SHE IS BACK!!!!!
    www.civicwagon.com

Oh, and Pebbles got a shot of my Hatch rolling from the meet.. thanks Pebbles.
    You might notice the hatch is sporting RT4WD Wheels and Bull Bar.. And, My new Go Pro on the Windshield..
    403333_322273147820519_100001135084366_879883_517576609_n.jpg

Good times at the meet!
    nice pix ..... glad u was able to get the wagon running ....
  • hmm, I'm not seeing any pix.
    hmm, I'm not seeing any pix.

Hum.. Not sure.. I see them and the source is good.. Refresh you screen.
  • Probably because I use mostly use FireFox and have it locked up pretty tight. I turned off AdBlock for HCW but it still doesn't show.
    I just opened it up with ie and they show fine.
    Good looking Civics, but you got the BullBar on the wrong one!
    lol
  • Now I'm back in ff, but they still don't show.
    Curious, because I see the previous pix of the motor yank, motor, coolant tube and crash&burn just fine.
    ohWell!
    Now I'm back in ff, but they still don't show.
    Curious, because I see the previous pix of the motor yank, motor, coolant tube and crash&burn just fine.
    ohWell!
    Might be because of where the pics are hosted. Motor pics are on Picasa and car pics are on FB.
    Weird huh?
  • its just cuz FF sucks balls lol. I"ve never had anything but badluck with FF and i dont know why. Glad the wagon is up and running. looking forward to getting another lifted wagon!
    Here we go.. Started the Lift..

Finally Got to playing with these.
    562.jpg

Cleaned then and through some paint on them.. No Pics :(

Tonight I started with the Rear
    Passenger Side measured 26.5"
    563.jpg
    Drivers Side Starting measure 26" (low tire)
    564.jpg

Installed!!!
    Drivers Side went smooth..
    Passengers side had me cussing.. LCA Inner and outer bolts snapped off.. Needless to say.. I was Not Happy.. Lucky I have spares & a little patience..

Drivers MEASURED right round 30" (low tire)
    565.jpg

Passengers MEASURED right 30 & 1/2"
    566.jpg

567.jpg
    I painted the tops GREEN, so they'd show in pics. Top Hat is recessed. New Bolts are stainless with locking washers.
    568.jpg

569.jpg
    570.jpg
    Right Now without a Maiden voyage.. I am sitting at about 4 Inches of Lift.. Which I suspect will settle down to 3" - 3.5" Inches of lift.

And, If I have time tomorrow.. I will do the front.. If not, then Thursday night... I am getting excited..