UPDATE on LIFT KIT - NOW MY REAREND is LIFTED ( Last Page )

Comments

• ludemanludeman Wagonist
    Did you try it with the smaller spacers yet?
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    ludeman wrote:
    Being Made cut down this week.. :(
  • Boy o Boy did I always want a 1" or 1.5" sandwich spacer for my RT. This could be fantastic - there are way to many of "us" out there to not have a wave of interest flood in (and $$$ to make it work, one way or another).

The subframe (for CV's) and center carrier (driveshaft) can easily be shimmed up a bit to lessen the driveline/axle angles upon lift. I can see a 2-3" max lift, but still at that rate the longevity of the carrier bearing and F/R axles will be under question - even with a little shimming to help out. And its not like rear axles are a common part either.

I sincerely hope you see this through - this would most definitely make me get back into the game and hunt down another RT. Thanks for sharing and best of luck!
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    @noahrexion - if a lift is gonna get you in the game again, get at this link.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12959

As for the Dr. 1 3/4" spacers should be perfect. Take lots of pix I'm really interested to see these finished out and how the lift Looks when your done. I WANT TO SEE MORE LIFTED WAGONS!!!!!
  • I'd be down with a lift for mine.... pix pleez!
  • Honda HPHonda HP Wagonist
    could u send the dimensions and specs on those? i have a friend in cnc programming and would love to get a set! the software would be even better!!!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    DRMORTY wrote:
    ludeman wrote:

I need those threes! you're not cutting down the original set, are you?
    bam-bam wrote:
    DRMORTY wrote:
    ludeman wrote:

I need those threes! you're not cutting down the original set, are you?
    Brother in law taking his time... Hasn't cute them down yet...

I am thinking Aluminum and just doing another set at 1-3/4... These weight like 50lbs..
  • ef_mcluvenef_mcluven Band Wagon
    i have a 4wd i actually thought about putting on a set of small mud tires and paint it camo and rock it as is.
    holy shit 50lbs? i thought they were aluminum haha i guess i should have looked closer
    Just the proto-type where steel, so they are heavy, I used steel because he had a bunch left over laying around the shop. I am having any addition kits made in aluminum.
    sweet still looking forward to pics:)
  • updates????
  • ^^ what he said! Looks like a really cool concept.
  • wagovanguywagovanguy Wagonist
    Yah, ummmm. Updates? Want to give me the measurements so I can make my own?
    this fall threw?
    Supposedly still being cut down..
    Brother in law changed shops, so he sent them to his brother at another shop...blah blah blah
    I am going to have to check in on them..
  • jimmyJonjimmyJon Band Wagon
    i wanna see this done...
  • eatbluefoodeatbluefood Band Wagon
    Awesome! I would love to have my wagon lifted. It seems like everyone is lowering them, but I want mine off the ground. Last winter I could barely drive through the snow.
  • ratchetratchet New Wagonist
    Was this ever finished? I'm going to do something similar soon, just curious if anything happened here... I read this thread awhile ago hoping it would get finished...
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    Isl about his lift kit. But both me and scrappy have been lifted for a few months now. I am stillcurious to see if this style will work as well....

Check my build thread in my sig or click the link

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=12959&p=159543#p159543

Keep us updated DR, I am curious if this will work.
    I don't see any reason this wouldn't work, it does the same thing as what installing different height struts/springs do as far as adding length to the strut. I'm going to make a set of these on the mill as soon as my rt is running...
    Alright, the lift kit is back..
    I had them cut down to 1.75".. 3"s was Nutz and would have made like 6"+ at the wheels ad actually pulled my CVs apart :(
    I am hoping to be around 3" - 3.5" of lift at the wheels..
    I am planning on doing this weekend and will put up the pics when I do.
    hellz ya!!
  • 1988rt1988rt Senior Wagonist
    Hey for the front have you guys tried the 94-01 integra axels (RT models for the lift) they're a little bit longer
    1988rt wrote:
    Hey for the front have you guys tried the 94-01 integra axels (RT models for the lift) they're a little bit longer
    Nope, I will have to cross that hurtle if it comes up..

Can't wait to see how this goes..

I want Bigger tires!!!
    Super excited about this! Seein as my car still does not run... I havent played with the suspension. Yet. Keep us posted! GL
    Any updates?
    Yeah! My 20+ Yr Old Shop Jack Broke! LOL... Harbor Freight Tomorrow..

It's like there is a power working against me.. :(

Tomorrow.. I am at least getting the rears done...
  • 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    Man I just found one of those stores kinda local to me .....
    Its my new best friend ...