Saint Pete Wagon!

Comments

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

New wheel came in. Momo Tuner 350mm wheel.

Cleared bumper lenses.

• looking better and better

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Chasing Js steering wheel horn delete and bolts came in.

Thanks Bro it's coming together finally.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

It's been a while since the wagon has looked this complete.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Took the dashboard off the parts wagon. Didn't think it was going to clean up as well as it did. If it didn't, I was going to paint it black but it looks fine. Used an all purpose cleaner, power washer and interior shine and it looks super good. It had a pretty bad smell to it too but that was taken care of as well.

• BillBoardBillBoard council member

Dash looks brand new.... so does the wagon....

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

It has a couple different shades of gray but it will do haha.

Got the matching titanium shift knob.

Installed Naytontech auto to manual shifter plate.

The fuel hanger is finished up.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

I had to repaint the door moldings. They had weird look to them. Not sure what it was but its finished. Also finished up the belt moldings with 1 super light coat of SEM textured black and 3 coats of SEM Trim Black. Turned out great!

Got my 3rd wheel in waiting for the last one.

Ordered the vent look part of the quarter glass molding off ebay should be coming in soon. Just need to finish painting up those pieces to get that quarter glass in. Need to finish the rear suspension too. Just have to drop off the bolts for them to get plated.

• FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist

Finish this up! Looks wonderful and rooting for you!

• Fresh molding is one of the simple pleasures in life.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Give me a hand haha. Thanks for the support!

You are right. It can make it or break it.

Refinished the last of the trim pieces. Got the tint off the quarter glass. Going to call the glass company to get all the glass in. There is no aftermarket windshield molding for the wagon. I've looked everywhere for the last 2 years and nothing. The next "best" thing is the molding of a sedan. There is a gap on top but it will just have to be filled with urethane. I don't have much of a choice I need the glass in.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Glass is in. The molding is a hair short but we'll come up with something. If I can find a better solution down the road this molding will definitely be switched out.

Got a cool ECU cover.

• BillBoardBillBoard council member

yes, that window molding makes me want to stab my eyes out. lol jk jk jk.

Looking like a wagon again!

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

You are not joking. ? It is pretty bad haha. It will get fixed one day. It sure is and it's awesome seeing it come back together!

Got my race column and steering wheel in. Finally it turns without needing to turn the wheels by hand which has been a pain.

The Falken tires that I had on before had a very stretched looked to them and it wasn't going to fly for me. Tried on my buddies TE37's. They look awesome I wanted them! But had them on for test fitting purposes. I love the look of fat tires so that the route we are going. I ordered Toyo r888r 225/50/15's and got them installed onto my gram lights. Im going to need to roll the fenders a little bit so they won't snag against the fender.

Got the last molding installed on the quarters!

Dropped off the remaining bolts from the rear suspension/fuel tank at a local plating shop to get zinc plated. Once those come in I can get back to getting the rest of the rear end suspension back together.

• those are some meaty sticky tires, the lighting with that paint ?️FRESH love the progress

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Very meaty! The suspension still needs some tuning and an alignment once thats done fenders might need a little massaging. Yes the booth is stacked with lights. It's like being under a microscope in there you see everything haha. Thanks Bro! I got around to slapping them on. Looks super good.

Lovely progress. Keep it coming!

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks man it's coming alright just slowly. ?

I haven't had much time but started to mess around with the rear suspension a bit. I did manage to damage the adjuster knob for the rebound damping so I had to order a new strut. Once I get that in I'll get it all buttoned down for good. I also got foxdesigns dash inserts in a couple weeks ago.

• coming along great i can't stop staring how clean/new everything is haha

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks dude! Take a good look. It's just going to get dirty from here on out.?

After being on jackestands for 5 months, 'it's finally off the stands. I still need to wrap the rear wheels with 225's and install the tank. Up next is to get some brackets made for my seats and do some plumbing for coolant, fuel and brakes.

So fresh and clean! Can't wait to see it all come to completion! What will you be doing for the exhaust? Interior besides the bucket seats? Keep it up.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks man me too. Next year looking like the year! I haven’t really thought too much about the exhaust. I’m more focused on trying to get her running for now. As far as the interior, it will stay gutted and I do want to have some aluminum door panels made and shoot them black and installing a Tunerview RD2 dash. Other than that it will be pretty bare.

This is pretty much how the wagon will look. I lowered the rear a bit to get a better idea of how it’s going to look.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Got the gas tank back from derusting and coating. Going to drop it in over the weekend.

Soooooo cleannnnnnnnn.

• I don't have any words besides the one's I'm typing now lmao, I really want to see this in person. K E E P U P T H E A M A Z I N G W O R K! the idea of the aluminum door panels made and shoot them black sound great clean look.  

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks! It's nice working on a clean car!

Thanks yo! I think it would look good. It would break up the grey a little! Heck yea man if your ever in the Tampa area we can make it happen.

I dropped the tank back about a week ago. All went great but I forgot all about the fuel neck. It totally passed my mind that the neck passes in between the body and the subframe so I had to drop the subframe along with other suspension components to be able to put it back where it belongs. Fail lol.

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Brought the wagon back home. Gave it’s first wash ever. Looks great without all the dust.

I got my Rywire switch panel. I wanted to add a switch for the wiper and fill the vent. So with my dads help we made a new switch panel plate. Still needs some work to make it 100%.

• I like that switch panel plate looks good reminds me of a race car setup or a spaceship lol

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist

Thanks! Same here haha. It’s going to give that spaceship feel. ?

I’m still working on the switch panel/Bezel. Had some time at work today to mess with it. Filled in he holes where the vent scroller mechanism thing was, fixed the cracks, primed it and cleared the switch panel plate. I gave it a quick scotch bright to give it that brushed look. It is not perfect but it will do. Next is to paint the bezel and mount the switch panel plate for good.

• It looks really good and clean came out great