DA2EE seat swap...who knew it was so easy?

2»

Comments

• i'm gonna add the phone# of my chiropractor

:mrgreen:
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    No lean that i could tell, Rev may say different now that he's ridden them awhile. I know that i changed mine up a bit after the first week or so to correct an inward skew- the seats were kinda pigeon-toed.
    As far as rearward tilt, yeah it feels like you're going to fall in the back seat without the backs on.
  • teamolsteamols New Wagonist
    i just did my 91 rt4wd converted them too the 93 da seat.no lean and they slide well. drilled and grinded them into subimission.took 2 hours and my old interior looked horrible. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • Do DA's and 94+ Ls seats have the same seat railing?
    Do DA's and 94+ Ls seats have the same seat railing?

I don't think so. For one thing, the 2G (DA) seats have auto-belts. I did put DC Integra seats in Revmaynard's '88 wagon and in Stephen's '89 wagovan, so it can be done.
  • Did you mod the seat rails, seat pan swap?
    Modified the rails. Basically use the Integra inner and wagon outer.
  • Okay, thanks bam-bam. I don't know what most of us would do without you guys. (a lot more trial and error)
  • bump for a great thread..

install went as described...
    these seats are SO!!!!! much better..

thanks bam-bam

www.civicwagon.com
    Looks good! I just reread the installation how-to and there's one thing I think I'll do differently next time. Instead of the spacer on the front inboard bolts, I'll cut off the mounting "ears" and reweld them. i had the seats out awhile back working on the rear disc conversion and it occurred to me, I just didn't have time right then.

edit: I guess that would change it from a simple hand tools job to something a bit more difficult- I just can't help messing with stuff!
  • lol.. ill post some pics of what I did.. very similar to what your sayin..

also.. I hear ya.. I owned a fab shop for almost a decade.. and I am always re-engineering things..
  • dirtbagdirtbag Band Wagon
    I have a evo recaro in my wagon and the owner before me that put it in said it bolted right in on the stock wagon seat bracket
  • DimugorgonDimugorgon Band Wagon
    I need new seats. I don't have head rests. LOOLOLOL! but i'll try this though. im hella noob @ cars.
  • shenrie wrote:
    Nice writeup!
    Nice :D Guess it's time to look into some seats!!!

I got a full set of DA SE seats if your interested. Fronts, rears and matching door inserts.
    www.civicwagon.com
    Stock wrote:
    Seats look great. Without going OT (hopefully), does anyone know how similar 90-91 hatch rails are to any year wagon rails?

I have Si hatch seats in both my wagons. You can mix and match parts from both seats and make them work. Pretty sure the only fabwork was drilling one hole per seatrail.

I picked up an almost identical set of these seats minus the auto seatbeats and lumbar for my wagon. I took a look last night at the rails and compared them to the RT seats and don't believe this will be a simple swap like I was hoping for.

I will take a better look sometime this week to see and post any updates however in the meantime, if anyone has any words of encouragement or thoughts, please share.

Thanks,
    Chuck
  • ive always wondered how teg seats were put in these cars... now i know... awesome write up... this will be a first on the wagon when she gets here
  • JDMWago666JDMWago666 Senior Wagonist
    I wish my seats were this easy to install. I can't use the outer rail from the wagon. I got some seats off of a 91 integra and the oute rail is connected to the back piece of the seat. So if I use the wagon outer rail I have to figure out how to fab up a bracket for the back of the seat to stay in place. I have really been wanting to put the seats in too. Mine are super clean :)

Great write up nonetheless.
  • hey bam bam i was wondering if i can get some help since i folled every step hear but for some reaso n when lining up the DA rail the wagon rail doesnt line up visa versa? help me out please !
  • dirtbag wrote: »
    I have a evo recaro in my wagon and the owner before me that put it in said it bolted right in on the stock wagon seat bracket

Sorry to dig this up but any idea on what model evo?
  • All good, remembered this thing called google :p
  • PADGETT733PADGETT733 Band Wagon
    JDMWago666 wrote: »
    I wish my seats were this easy to install. I can't use the outer rail from the wagon. I got some seats off of a 91 integra and the oute rail is connected to the back piece of the seat. So if I use the wagon outer rail I have to figure out how to fab up a bracket for the back of the seat to stay in place. I have really been wanting to put the seats in too. Mine are super clean :)

Great write up nonetheless.

New to the forum not trying to beat an old thread
    But
    Did you end up using these seats? I also have seats from a 91 teg and am running into the same issue
    Is it only on the 91 series db seats?